Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 560043 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2235 on: July 20, 2017, 10:25:00 pm »

And also, clerics. Clerics with Remove Disease, Raise Dead, possibly Resurrection... that might also make good vampire clerics of Hel.

One thing I've wondered about. Hel's representative at the Godsmoot, how is she getting her nightly blood drink? I doubt she could feed on any of the other attendees without violating a rule that would get her instantly smoked.
They've already fulfilled their purpose, so Hel will likely just let them die.

If she died of thirst before Durkula can force the dwarf leaders to vote Yes, then Hel's vote would be nullified.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: July 22, 2017, 06:49:55 pm »

And also, clerics. Clerics with Remove Disease, Raise Dead, possibly Resurrection... that might also make good vampire clerics of Hel.

One thing I've wondered about. Hel's representative at the Godsmoot, how is she getting her nightly blood drink? I doubt she could feed on any of the other attendees without violating a rule that would get her instantly smoked.
They've already fulfilled their purpose, so Hel will likely just let them die.

If she died of thirst before Durkula can force the dwarf leaders to vote Yes, then Hel's vote would be nullified.
I don't think dnd vampire need blood to survive, but they do go insane if they go too long without drinking any
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 24, 2017, 10:31:53 am »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:55 am »

Hm, who did Durkon give his stone to, Roy? I remember the team getting one of those stones which would get access to the secret entrance, but I forget from whom.

edit: Someone on the GITP forum found it: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1024.html so, it's unknown what happened to the stone that Durkon had previously.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:51:42 am by smjjames »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 24, 2017, 11:37:00 am »

Also Durkon in robes is starting to weird me out. Give that dwarf back his armor!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: July 24, 2017, 12:26:37 pm »

it's unknown what happened to the stone that Durkon had previously.

Probably confiscated/destroyed upon banishment. Wouldn't make sense to kick a guy out but leave him the key to get back in(or not change the locks).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: July 24, 2017, 01:38:03 pm »

Hm, who did Durkon give his stone to, Roy? I remember the team getting one of those stones which would get access to the secret entrance, but I forget from whom.

edit: Someone on the GITP forum found it: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1024.html so, it's unknown what happened to the stone that Durkon had previously.

Undurkon is a different person. Thus, it was taken from him by Undurkon and it now crumbled.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: July 24, 2017, 02:08:05 pm »

I highly doubt Durkon even had it. He was banished, after all.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: July 24, 2017, 03:17:58 pm »

Indeed, I agree with both you and Akura on the matter.  Durkon's original runestone was probably taken when he was banished.  It would be a logical step to keep any exile less scrupulously-Lawful than Durkon from sneaking back in.  The one Durkula took in today's strip came from the priest he just killed. You can see him taking it from the corpse in panel 1. 

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: July 27, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: July 31, 2017, 03:08:09 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: July 31, 2017, 03:18:53 pm »

OotS vampires are frikkin' weiiiiiird.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: July 31, 2017, 03:28:44 pm »

New comic, new character, and more vampire stuff.

Not actually the new character. That's the former exarch of the brotherhood of stone, he's one of not-durkons first victims. Unless you mean the amateur bard-dwarf.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:52 pm »

New comic, new character, and more vampire stuff.

Not actually the new character. That's the former exarch of the brotherhood of stone, he's one of not-durkons first victims. Unless you mean the amateur bard-dwarf.

I mean the bard. Maybe it's a bit premature, but I'm guessing we're going to see her again.
My mods and forum games.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 01, 2017, 12:15:07 am »

She got too many lines dedicated to her to be unimportant?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 313