Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 559738 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1041 Value of an Independent Variable
« Reply #1905 on: June 29, 2016, 11:58:59 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: June 29, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »

Interesting...

Apparently whatever MITD is, he doesn't leave footprints. Or anyprints. And he's not floaty or ethereal because he stomped the ground so hard he caused an earthquake once.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:40:06 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: June 29, 2016, 02:50:07 pm »

Well, footprints might give it away.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: June 29, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »

Nothing says it can't be floaty and still have appendages that can stomp things.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: June 29, 2016, 03:06:27 pm »

Hey, way back when the story was told about the gates, wasn't the statue in the same place the gate was in the panel after they sealed the fifth gate?  If so, does this mean all the areas behind the doors are simply one giant bluff?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:40 pm »

Doesn't look like it, though I wouldn't be surprised if Serini did pull something like that (fill the defenses with giant monsters in Kraagor's name, but have the gate somewhere completely different because rogue).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: June 29, 2016, 03:39:11 pm »

I'm sure the OotS forums have already debated this at length, but rereading that strip made me realize that Kraagor probably didn't actually die per-se.  No corpse, wasn't "clear" when the rift was sealed.

Of course, everything about the Snarl is in question at this point.  Even Roy acknowledges that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1042 Wait Watchers
« Reply #1912 on: June 29, 2016, 04:46:24 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if the MitD turned out to be Kraagor somehow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: June 29, 2016, 09:37:05 pm »

MitD will be revealed as the fans and readers, serving as a big twist to save the world once and for all when Redcloak has stabbed his boss in the spine and beaten down team good.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: June 29, 2016, 09:42:37 pm »

MitD is obviously the avatar of the Snarl, having escaped containment millennia ago. I mean, come on guys, the gates are wide open. Can just walk out, you know.

Though MitD's race being some kind of Snarlborn actually sounds decently plausible to me, it explains why he doesn't know what he is (drawn differently), why he remembers having a parent but no details, why Xykon is so dedicated to keeping him around as an Ace in the Hole, and maybe even why the darkness sticks to him (thinking of that one Yugoloth who's so ancient and hideous reality itself puts a veil over her, killing anyone who passes the perception test to see past it and the wisdom test to not shut your brain off when you see past it).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: June 29, 2016, 09:45:39 pm »

Doesn't look like it, though I wouldn't be surprised if Serini did pull something like that (fill the defenses with giant monsters in Kraagor's name, but have the gate somewhere completely different because rogue).

That theory has been debated at great length, and the general conclusion is that it is extremely unlikely. From a meta point of view, the Giant has already done the bluff thing in two different ways (the three fake Xykons at the battle of Azure City and the multi-bluff at Girard's Gate) and is probably not going to keep dipping from the same well because that would be too dull. From the in-universe perspective, putting this many resources into a fake defense means you're leaving the gate almost entirely unprotected, which would be incredibly stupid.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: June 30, 2016, 01:41:56 am »

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html

panel 8 explains the monster doors

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: June 30, 2016, 03:02:26 am »

You know I highly doubt Redcloak will succeed at backstabbing Xykon if it comes to that. I mean, just on the virtue of everyone seeing it coming 300 miles away.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: June 30, 2016, 04:42:06 am »

...Except that Redcloak is still carrying Xykon's phylactery while the latter believes it's in an unassailable fortress located somewhere in the Astral Plane. Hell, Redcloak probably has a command word to destroy it in an instant if need be.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: June 30, 2016, 04:53:34 am »

Well, maybe, but Xykon's Xykon. He exists just to flip the bird at good planning.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 313