Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 559828 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1027 Because Reasons
« Reply #1786 on: March 11, 2016, 04:59:55 am »

I really do wonder if Banjo is going to be relevant, or if Rich is just having fun dangling this red herring.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 11, 2016, 05:03:43 am »

#BanjoisSnarlconfirmed  :P
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 11, 2016, 07:05:40 am »

I believe this is just Rich addressing a plothole. We talked about the role banjo might play earlier in the thread and I guess this is just Rich's way of joshing us.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 11, 2016, 10:05:18 am »

This strip had two main purposes.

1. Explain to the people who were wondering (a lot of folks on the GiTP forums were expecting Banjo to play a role) why Banjo wasn't going to change the vote

2. Showcase how Roy's growing from the "Belkar was right and I was wrong" revelation. Instead of just blowing Elan off with the "He's a puppet" answer, he first provided multiple cogent reasons why it wouldn't work, showing that he is no longer going to dismiss a teammate out of hand.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 16, 2016, 10:11:27 am »

New comic is up.

Gotta pay those NPCs I suppose.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Order of the Stick: 1028 Don't Even Ask About Electrum
« Reply #1791 on: March 16, 2016, 11:16:22 am »

Hehe, since at Roy's level 200 gold is barely anything.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 16, 2016, 04:28:22 pm »

200 gold is about 1/6th of the treasure a single level 4 encounter (or about one CR4 monster). I think? I believe each OotS member is level 12-ish or more.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 16, 2016, 04:36:22 pm »

200 gold is about 1/6th of the treasure a single level 4 encounter (or about one CR4 monster). I think? I believe each OotS member is level 12-ish or more.

Closer to level 18-ish. Roy is probably at the lowest due to death(if Durkon is ever revived, he'd be square with Roy), while Haley is probably at the highest level after her finishing off her rival. Vaarsuvius is level 16 minimum according to that that Power Word: Stun spell a while back. 200GP is a drop in the bucket.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1029 Budget Flight
« Reply #1794 on: March 21, 2016, 02:57:04 pm »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 21, 2016, 03:40:26 pm »

Ever since Durkon got Durkula'd, Roy's had this tendency to be creepy when his eyebrows aren't visible.  Mostly when he's being extremely pragmatic.

Also this turn of events works for me, because my DND group didn't follow the wealth-by-level whatsoever.  We got our loot in the form of quirky, semi-cursed magic artifacts.  We were usually fairly starved for simple gold.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 21, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »

I can't help but wonder, why would they need a potion of fire resistance in a shower?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 21, 2016, 08:12:19 pm »

I can't help but wonder, why would they need a potion of fire resistance in a shower?

They don't, which is the joke.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 21, 2016, 08:59:07 pm »

I think the joke is that the mold dropped random treasure because it was technically a monster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 21, 2016, 09:06:58 pm »

I think the joke is that the mold dropped random treasure because it was technically a monster.
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 313