Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 560031 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 968 Next Week They're Getting Drab
« Reply #1050 on: December 02, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »

Yes, but is the same true of Protection from Good, for example?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 02, 2014, 06:26:07 pm »

All "protection from X" spells are identical save for the specific alignment they target. The issue is that Protection from Good is not going to be useful very often except for Evil characters, so there's very little reason why anybody would have such an item lying around in a Good or Neutral settlement. As for Law/Chaos, Protection from Law is illegal in most places in the Stickverse per Word Of Giant, while Protection from Chaos is of more limited use than PfromEvil (so much less likely to be available), wouldn't help Belkar as much, and would still have whatever homebrewed penalty (by RAW, protection spells that oppose your alignment don't bother you, but the Giant has either modified the spell or tacked a penalty onto the item) the Protection From Evil item has.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 02, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »

Actually, he refused her, and the last panel is him trying to justify turning her down to himself.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18472962&postcount=11

Aww... There goes the air out of that balloon...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 02, 2014, 06:34:36 pm »

All "protection from X" spells are identical save for the specific alignment they target. The issue is that Protection from Good is not going to be useful very often except for Evil characters, so there's very little reason why anybody would have such an item lying around in a Good or Neutral settlement. As for Law/Chaos, Protection from Law is illegal in most places in the Stickverse per Word Of Giant, while Protection from Chaos is of more limited use than PfromEvil (so much less likely to be available), wouldn't help Belkar as much, and would still have whatever homebrewed penalty (by RAW, protection spells that oppose your alignment don't bother you, but the Giant has either modified the spell or tacked a penalty onto the item) the Protection From Evil item has.

Protection from Chaos sounds like an interesting possibility for law enforcement in D&D.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 04, 2014, 09:03:50 am »

Considering that the Paladins of the Sapphire Guard were allowed to use their at-will Detect Evil... er, at will and could execute people who registered on it on the spot(at least Miku did, Shojo gave them the benefit of a rigged trial), I would say that it would certainly be... interesting.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 04, 2014, 01:32:14 pm »

Tsundere Belkar is pretty hilarious.

I cannot wait where this character development thing is going... but tbh i didn't followed  from where the "Belkar learns to care for people" plot came. Was it Durkon's death that kickstarted that thing ?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 04, 2014, 01:50:57 pm »

I cannot wait where this character development thing is going... but tbh i didn't followed  from where the "Belkar learns to care for people" plot came. Was it Durkon's death that kickstarted that thing ?

Perhaps he still has Durkula's compulsions on, except it simply couldn't out-evil regular Belkar :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 04, 2014, 01:54:09 pm »

Maybe Belkar is turning Neutral since he's losing the position of token evil teammate to Durkon?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 04, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »

Come over to the Neutral side

We have cookies

Very, very bland cookies
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 04, 2014, 02:07:08 pm »

No no, that's Law. Neutral's cookies are sweet but gluten free.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 04, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »

No no, that's Law. Neutral's cookies are sweet but gluten free.
While Chaotic suffer from the fact that no one follows the recipes, so they're all over the place.  Really, it's impossible to find a decent cookie nowadays. 

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 04, 2014, 02:20:04 pm »

Even Good and Evil cookies should be avoided. Good makes sugar-free and fat-free cookies with barley and 100% cacao, while Evil makes Devil's Food cookies in the most literal sense.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:47 pm »

It all starts with the cat... and where did that tiny dino go?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 08, 2014, 03:12:06 pm »

It all starts with the cat... and where did that tiny dino go?
And it sorta concludes with his crazed ramblings while he's affected by the curse in in the thieve's town.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back eventually.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 969 It's Only His SECOND Favorite Cuisine
« Reply #1064 on: December 16, 2014, 10:42:02 am »

I think the point about Belkar's character development is the irony in that pretending to have character development, he gets actual development.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 313