Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 562051 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 945 Jumbled Up
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »

Oh yeah, and this means that Rich's whole thing about Vampire Durkon being a "non-theistic cleric that channels negative energy" sounded like bullshit because it really was!
Even though it actually says that in the 3.5e cleric part of the handbook.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 20, 2014, 05:08:04 am »

Oh yeah, and this means that Rich's whole thing about Vampire Durkon being a "non-theistic cleric that channels negative energy" sounded like bullshit because it really was!

That sounds suspiciously like Rich pulling an asspull.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 946 It's What's Inside That Counts
« Reply #677 on: February 20, 2014, 07:58:27 am »

Spoiler: Recent Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Anyway, back to Dorfkan - knowing... I actually don't know his name, but knowing ootswriterguy there's bound to be a twist or two about Evildurkon's new Evilagenda coming. I don't doubt for a minute that he's only using the group for his own ends by now, unless he turns out to be the rare honour-above-all kind of LE. But even then he still has to bring great disaster and death to his clan and all that.

This is what you should always listen to everything I say.
I'm curious about this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2014, 12:02:13 pm »

What do you mean?
Love, scriver~

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »

Nope, it's totally a thing. Look it up.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2014, 05:30:19 pm »

No, I mean, the asspull being that Draculkon is a different person from Durkon.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 20, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

What do you mean?
As in, what makes you say that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »

Ah. Well, it's the Oracle's answer to his question, and I believe the reason he was exiled in the first place.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2014, 12:16:04 pm »

No, I mean, the asspull being that Draculkon is a different person from Durkon.
Possible side-effect the spell that rapidly raised Durkon as a vampire?

On the other hand, if I recall, Malack also turned down Durkon's offer of Resurrection because he said doing so would change him in to someone entirely different, so maybe not.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

As I'm pretty sure the rules are entirely silent on this subject, at least in Core, I don't think it's really an asspull, any more than having non-canon deities. Especially since the only one with significant ranks in the relevant Knowledge skill is the victim. It is odd that he started and kept up the charade around the Linear Guild, but oh well.

EDIT: Mind you, I don't buy Malack's refusal of resurrection as adequate foreshadowing to have called this. I think that line is actually a lot less interesting in retrospect now that we know it's literal, but at the time it seemed more reasonable to conclude that his experiences as a vampire had made him the person Durkon knew.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:53:20 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2014, 01:04:20 pm »

I don't think Durcula is another person as much as he is an evil, "soulless" Durkon.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2014, 01:14:19 pm »

I don't think Durcula is another person as much as he is an evil, "soulless" Durkon.

The comic directly states that the real Durkon is trapped within and is fighting against Durcula.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 22, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »

Just a thought, but maybe it applies ONLY to unDurkon, and other undeads remain their original selves. Most notably Xykon who crafted a phtlactrlly for this purpose
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »

The comic directly states that the real Durkon is trapped within and is fighting against Durcula.

I interpret it as being Durkon's soul being stuck in his body because Undeadism. The negative energy entity Durcula is not "real" Durkon, but it's also not another person.
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 23, 2014, 12:31:56 pm »

Again, it might be a side effect of the spell that brought Durkon back as a vampire, or possibly from the fact that his thralldom wasn't properly released due to Malack's destruction.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 313