Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558743 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 935 Caster Fight
« Reply #510 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »

He has not said anything of the sort.

Quote from: The Giant;15060436
You know, you're right. I have gone too far this time. I'll stop making new strips now. Everyone, go home. The comic is over. My bad, I went too far.

:smallannoyed:

Tell you what, you read the vampire template entry, particularly the part where it explicitly says that vampire clerics can still cast spells just with different domain access, and you tell me where it says anything about gods or temporary loss of access there. It doesn't. Vampire clerics do not need to worship a god to cast spells, because NO cleric needs a god to cast spells. The rules specifically allow for "non-theistic" clerics, and explains exactly what the effects of turning into a vampire has on a cleric: Rebuke instead of Turn, different domains. Period.

The only thing worse than the usual irrelevant rules pedantry is incorrect irrelevant rules pedantry.

The absolute only canon statement about Durkon's post-vampirization alignment is "No more evil than Belkar." While the obvious interpretation is that he's now Evil, but not Belkar evil; the statement is quite literally true about every single character in the Order, including pre-vamping Durkon. Thus, we don't know what the current alignment is.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 20, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »

If he wasn't Evil, wouldn't he just have told Roy "No, I'm not evil." when asked if he was now? The response clearly implies that he is Evil, just not so much that he's incapable of working with the Order.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 20, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »

As I said, that's the obvious interpretation. It is not the only possible one.

My take on his answer is that he himself isn't sure. Note that he didn't realize that he was going to spontaneously inflict wounds instead of cure wounds. He'd only had free will as a vampire for an extremely limited time at that point (and currently, for that matter.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #513 on: December 21, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »

You know how Tarquin was yelling as he sundered Elan's blade?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 21, 2013, 04:16:15 pm »

I feel compelled to note that not only does he have a new weapon at this point, but they also already used that gag in the same dungeon where Belkar said it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 21, 2013, 11:09:18 pm »

I think I'll drop a big PTW here so you all can remind when it gets updated.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 23, 2013, 01:10:41 pm »

Do psions gain any benefit from orange Ioun stones(+1 effective caster level, and the one that Blackwing took)? I can't tell for sure what the other two were. I think the red one is deep red(+1 dexterity), which would make sense since she doesn't wear armor, and the other is... pale green(+1 competence bonus to attack rolls, saves, skill checks and ability checks)?

Also, I just looked up the spell Brain Spider, for which the material component is "a spider of any size or kind", and it doesn't matter if it's alive or dead, just as long as it has eight legs. Does that mean you could instakill some kind of giant spider by using it as a material component for this spell? Not that it matters, given that it's an 8th-level spell, and anyone who can cast it could probably demolish any kind of spider with far less.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »

Well I know how I'm killing Lloth next campaign.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 23, 2013, 01:24:15 pm »

Knowing 3E, they probably define somewhere that to use a material component for a spell you have to possess it. And grappling the spider probably doesn't count.

Then again, knowing 3E, it's probably either a barely-understandable screed in the back written by a madman, or using vague language that could have a dozen reasonable interpretations, or not present at all.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 23, 2013, 02:02:25 pm »

Do psions gain any benefit from orange Ioun stones(+1 effective caster level, and the one that Blackwing took)?
In a world with psionics-magic transparency (as this caster fight shows OotStopia to be), it provides +1 manifester level to a psion.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 931 His Number One Fan
« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2014, 03:43:46 am »

Up-dot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 04, 2014, 03:45:08 am »

I love the last panel.
A suitable mix of drama and humor.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2014, 03:58:36 am »

A terrible ending indeed.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 04, 2014, 04:23:05 am »

So, so deserved.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 04, 2014, 04:28:05 am »

Excellent there!
Though Tarquin's gonna end up coming back and likely fucking up the plot, having gained a higher meta-awareness than he already did.
Just calling it now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 313