Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558727 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 935 Caster Fight
« Reply #495 on: December 19, 2013, 08:15:25 pm »

New comic!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 934 All Hands on Deck
« Reply #496 on: December 19, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »

Little late on that, I'm afraid.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 19, 2013, 08:18:24 pm »

Again?

Damnit, Helgoland! Faking me out with double features.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 19, 2013, 08:25:28 pm »

Dammit, why don't you people update the title of the thread accordingly? I was under the impression that the preceding comments were just part of an academic discussion...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 19, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »

An academic discussion that just happened to be about the very same things that were in the recentest comic?

Also, the devil(s) always get their way.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 19, 2013, 08:37:41 pm »

You think I noticed that... I'm not exactly sober right now. Not exactly drunk, either, but still.

About Sabine: So she helped in defeating Tarquin, essentially being on the OotS side for now - seemms reasonable. My prediction is that she'll pretty much drop out of the story once he's done for.
The Bay12 postcard club

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 19, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »

It's not exactly as if working with Evil beings is outside the OotS experience. 33% of the party is currently Evil, and only 50% is Good. They're one alignment shift away from having no majority faction, or directly split if V goes Evil (admittedly unlikely given current unbearable guilt).

My point is that a long term arrangement between the Order and Sabine is not exactly out of the question, more so if Team Tarquin isn't annihilated. And of course, nobody likes being consigned to eternal oblivion, not even devils.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 19, 2013, 10:34:27 pm »

I'm late, as usual, again. But Yeah.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 20, 2013, 12:29:23 am »

Eh, you'd have to squint real hard to identify Durkula as evil.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 20, 2013, 12:32:27 am »

Vampires are all inherently Evil beings, no meaningful exceptions. It is literally a part of their physical existence.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 20, 2013, 12:44:56 am »

I think I'm not the only one when I say that taking the DnD alignment system as is counts as squinting real hard. Or maybe having bad astigmatism.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 20, 2013, 12:50:31 am »

We don't really have enough experience with Durkula's personality, but he does seem pretty ruthless compared to his pre-vampirization self, he claims to be about as evil as Belkar, and oh yeah, his existence is powered by Evil.
No Gods, No Masters.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 20, 2013, 03:15:09 am »

This is the second caster fight in the comic that ended a bit anti-climactically. I wonder if this will become a running gag. On the other hand, the first caster fight that ended anti-climactically was pretty boring even before it ended.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 20, 2013, 05:43:00 am »

We don't really have enough experience with Durkula's personality, but he does seem pretty ruthless compared to his pre-vampirization self, he claims to be about as evil as Belkar, and oh yeah, his existence is powered by Evil.

It's not even about his morality; I recall an argument that alignments are not descriptors assigned to people who exhibit behavior patterns, but energy forms. So, you can have mindless undead be Evil even when they cannot actually choose between Good and Evil, because their Evil classification is because they are powered by negative energy.

That also explains how you can have Knight Templar paladins remain LG.

Of course, morally evil people and deities are Evil, but that might be explained by the opposing natures of positive and negative energy - Evil hurts Good and heals Evil and vice versa, so entities aiming to destroy or otherwise harm life as-is would be aligned with negative energy because negative energy is what destroys or otherwise harms life.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 20, 2013, 06:04:09 am »

I'm pretty sure Rich has stated that Durkon is Evil now. He's a cleric of a concept as well now.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 313