Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 312

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 494132 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4545 on: March 29, 2023, 08:48:49 am »

I suspect that the traps only check for presence of every other tattoo in a certain distance (and not even if all of them are on the same person). This design would allow a party to go through even if each tattoo was gained by a different member, so long as none of the marked members left.

As for Xykon and his butt, he does have a pelvic bone, onto which the tattoo could be inscribed.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: March 29, 2023, 11:38:42 am »

Xykons butt has the biggest plot hole of this series so far
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: March 29, 2023, 12:23:40 pm »

Also can Xykon get boned by finishing a sentence with something like the odd-numbered "color", but Mechanus only accepts UK spellings like the even-numbered "colour"?

While any failure on Xykon's part would give the dron an excuse to pull out immediately, I think it'll be content as long as Xy's making some effort.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4548 on: March 31, 2023, 12:43:23 am »

Xykon's pelvic bone emits the Windows XP "dun".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: March 31, 2023, 04:15:26 am »

Xykons butt has the biggest plot hole of this series so far

I believe the most common comment about this is, "Good thing Redcloak killed Tsukiko."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: March 31, 2023, 12:39:26 pm »

Also can Xykon get boned by finishing a sentence with something like the odd-numbered "color", but Mechanus only accepts UK spellings like the even-numbered "colour"?

While any failure on Xykon's part would give the dron an excuse to pull out immediately, I think it'll be content as long as Xy's making some effort.
It's a being of law. The law doesn't give out participation trophies.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: March 31, 2023, 03:22:01 pm »

It increases the force of Law whether Xycon fucks up or not, so long as he's trying and resisting his Chaotic nature. Quin is perfectly capable of resisting the urge to rules lawyer if doing so would be a net negative. It's capable of calculating that!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: April 01, 2023, 02:55:15 am »

It increases the force of Law whether Xycon fucks up or not, so long as he's trying and resisting his Chaotic nature. Quin is perfectly capable of resisting the urge to rules lawyer if doing so would be a net negative. It's capable of calculating that!
it also knows the moment Xycon has any slack he's going to give up on all effort to keep his end of the bargain, thus Quin can't not rules lawyer or else Xycon will add to the chaos of the world ever so slightly again.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: April 01, 2023, 03:02:29 am »

it also knows the moment Xycon has any slack he's going to give up on all effort to keep his end of the bargain, thus Quin can't not rules lawyer or else Xycon will add to the chaos of the world ever so slightly again.
I think it's clear that, if Xykon decides to carefully choose all his sentences to end in ambiguously spelled words out of spite, this is just as good for the purpose of forcing him to make an orderly choice.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: April 01, 2023, 05:00:27 am »

Yeah, the Quinton wants our favourite skeleton to make a conscious effort, so as long as he’s constantly correcting any mistakes he makes it’s not gonna raise a fuss
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: April 27, 2023, 04:27:54 pm »

Rolan love wordy comic.  Very quotable!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: April 27, 2023, 05:33:28 pm »

Your wording made me expect a shift to Oona, and now I'm disappointed.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: April 28, 2023, 02:20:33 am »

I'm getting we're not the only ones who pondered the skele-butt :D
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: April 28, 2023, 05:02:18 am »

The middle panel seems an obvious reference to the Final Supper/Passover painting. In which case, Belkar roughly takes the place of either Andrew or Judas. The latter seems most likely.

The blue-hair paladin is Jesus.

Vaarsuvius is John, who is often mistaken for Mary (in other words, the character whose sex/gender is under most contention).

Which exhausts my knowledge concerning the apostles. There are probably many more parallels involving other characters/apostles.

Loving it  :D

Edit: Oh, also, possible foreshadowing for later in the comic. Will Belkar sacrifice/cause-the-death-of blue-hair?

Edit edit: Okay I looked more into the apostle stuff. Roy and ogre-halfing (okay so I don't try to remember their names, sue me  >:( ) are imitating the pose of Thaddeus and Simon the Zealot respectively. This is interesting, because the two later suffer a joint martyrdom.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 05:18:37 am by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: April 28, 2023, 06:59:10 am »

You could be on to something!  I agree it's an intentional reference, but is it actual foreshadowing or merely an...
"Easter egg"?  :P

(But she's half troll not half ogre... whatever her name is. Siri?  Sirini?  Starshine?)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 312