Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558678 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 933 Getting a Little Carried Away
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2013, 11:34:15 am »

Edit: oh, and the sky is now noticeably darker.  Relevant?

They've been fighting for how many hours now? Plus several hours inside a pyramid, much of which was spent inside a phantasm trap.

It's actually been getting slowly darker since 925. The sun is certainly much lower as well. Good news is that Durkulon will be healing everyone up soon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2013, 06:30:29 pm »

So... What god do Furkon worship now anyway?
Love, scriver~

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2013, 07:46:25 pm »

According to Word of Giant, Durkon's vampirization converted him to a non-theistic cleric that channels negative energy.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #453 on: December 04, 2013, 12:49:50 pm »

So I got that she was in Julio's fan club [didn't matter much... So far] and that Scoundrel wouldn't die [so far]. I think that's all right [so far].

Where are they off to now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 04, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »

Adventure!

And also that Tomb in the north where the dwarf party member died, and/or back to the Azure Guard Camp.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2013, 04:01:16 pm »

Well at some point I'm willing to bet that they are going to end up back in the dwarven lands since
Spoiler: Prologue book info (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »

Well, it's practically fact at this point that he'll return to his home a vampire now, since it satisfies the conditions of the prediction while still malevolently twisting the meaning, as is mandatory.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:42 am »

Tarquin is starting to lose control over himself...

(casterfight)

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 07, 2013, 11:16:11 am »

I really hope Julio has some kind of featherfall amulet on him. Otherwise...

(Also, casterfight)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 07, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »

I wonder, how many Power Points does Laurin have left? How many spells does V have? Laurin probably burned a lot with all those Wormholes. V spent most of the day buried, and then in Hell, but he used quite a few spells trying to get away from Tarquin's army/triceratops.

What would be the best spells to use against an overpowered Psion? Anti-Magic Field would cut off both V's spells and Laurin's psionics(as well as Tarquin's magic items), but there's still Tarquin, who's a melee fighter. And I don't think that's a spell V would use anyway. I don't think V has another Prismatic Spray, either.

(casterfight!)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 07, 2013, 12:33:19 pm »

As I recall, someone did the math and concluded that Laurin is not even close to being spent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 07, 2013, 12:38:16 pm »

I wonder what level Tarquin is?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 07, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

I think the assumption is that his party is 20th level. The Order of the Stick is minimum 13th level(Vaarsuvius anyway, as Prismatic Spray is 7th level magic), with Roy being one, possibly two levels below everyone else due to having died and stayed dead for a year while everyone else was still fighting/gaining XP. Belkar might a be level down since he got drained a level by a wight during the Azure City battle, though that was immediately after gaining one, so probably not. Durkon may or may not be down a level, since I don't know if you lose a level at the moment of death or the moment of resurrection, or what the effects of being vamped in the meantime do to your HD.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 07, 2013, 01:12:04 pm »

last I heard, people said V had to be at least 15th level, because V used an 8th level spell ( I think it was the stun spell V used when they were captured by bounty hunters)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 07, 2013, 01:34:50 pm »

I think the assumption is that his party is 20th level. The Order of the Stick is minimum 13th level(Vaarsuvius anyway, as Prismatic Spray is 7th level magic), with Roy being one, possibly two levels below everyone else due to having died and stayed dead for a year while everyone else was still fighting/gaining XP. Belkar might a be level down since he got drained a level by a wight during the Azure City battle, though that was immediately after gaining one, so probably not. Durkon may or may not be down a level, since I don't know if you lose a level at the moment of death or the moment of resurrection, or what the effects of being vamped in the meantime do to your HD.

If Team Tarquin has the same effective level as Malack did, they're around 21st level, minimum. Malack crafted his own staff, which requires Cleric level 12. He had 9 levels of Level adjustment due to the vampire template and racially from being a lizardfolk. Meanwhile, Tarquin has shown evidence of possessing the Epic feat Infinite Deflection, which he may, however, have gained from an item.

As for Durkon, level loss is a function of lower-grade Ressurection spells, not dying. The effect of losing his CON and his HD moving to d12s was, by RAW, immediate.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 313