Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 575565 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4320 on: October 14, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »

I'm looking forward to the Sunny/Elan conversation.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: October 14, 2021, 06:01:47 pm »

So if I'm looking at this right, and provided that there's actually any consistency at all in which eyestalks are which, that means V just got slapped with petrification.

EDIT: Also, it looks a bit like he's just blasted the lizard with antimagic.

Where is lizard?
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: October 14, 2021, 07:41:44 pm »

#8 is Disintegration, not instant-death. Good to know.

So if I'm looking at this right, and provided that there's actually any consistency at all in which eyestalks are which, that means V just got slapped with petrification.

I think the petrification eye was the one that shot into the hole. Hard to tell. If it is, then it's the sleep beam that hit V, which, being an elf, they're immune to.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4323 on: October 15, 2021, 02:13:18 am »

Very looking forward to Elan befriend two high-level monsters!  Will he heal Sunny's wounds as a token of kindness?  Or will he focus on getting Durkon and Roy back up and running?  So exciting!

Where is lizard?

Notably not in the visible area, while the antimagic covers much of the unseen area.

It's not consistent.  The same eye (first one left of center) that Charmed Haley had previously Slowed Vaarsuvius.  The first Charm against Elan was caused by one of the right-of-center ones.  The one that hit Vaarsuvius now caused Sleep before, but I wouldn't bet on this happening again.  Notably, #8 has been fired by the very eye that didn't shoot anything up until now, so perhaps that's consistent.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: October 15, 2021, 04:58:42 am »

It's not consistent.  The same eye (first one left of center) that Charmed Haley had previously Slowed Vaarsuvius.  The first Charm against Elan was caused by one of the right-of-center ones.  The one that hit Vaarsuvius now caused Sleep before, but I wouldn't bet on this happening again.  Notably, #8 has been fired by the very eye that didn't shoot anything up until now, so perhaps that's consistent.

Actually if you look closely at that triple-shot, it appears to be actually #2 right from center that hits V. It's tricky to make out because the beams are crossing over each other, but you can see that the beam that goes into the hole is off-center for #2 right, but is on-center for #1 left. Whereas the beam that his Vaarsuvius is on-center for #2 right.

But yeah, the eye that charms Haley, #1 right, is previously the one that slowed V. So it's not apparently consistent.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: October 15, 2021, 05:58:56 am »

I do find it amusing how now that they know who they're fighting the tempo of the battle has slowed down a lot for most of the characters and they're taking it comparatively (Except for Haley)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: November 01, 2021, 09:44:10 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: November 01, 2021, 02:20:46 pm »

V isn't usually this overly loquacious, right? Is something wrong?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: November 01, 2021, 02:22:36 pm »

It's like a rogues gallery of gygaxian pain in the butt monsters.

(Also someone pointed out on the GITP thread that since Serini has shown she's perfectly comfortable Dimension Dooring to places she can't see in this dungeon, the fact she popped up just out of reach suggests the order are being led into Another trap_
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: November 01, 2021, 03:43:40 pm »

V isn't usually this overly loquacious, right? Is something wrong?

Maybe it's a sign of growing agitation? Instead of devolving into angrish like humans, maybe elves instead become impossible to understand by going to the other end of the verbosity spectrum?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: November 01, 2021, 10:14:47 pm »

That's my read.  That anti-magic cone must have been frustrating!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: November 16, 2021, 05:47:57 pm »

First panel has me a little worried about Serini.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: November 16, 2021, 07:08:50 pm »

Poor Floorence.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: November 16, 2021, 08:12:51 pm »

Impressively, Belkar didn't kill the floor monster - no X's in the eyes.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: November 16, 2021, 08:58:08 pm »

Yeah I thought that was nice too!  I almost wonder if it's in critical-but-stabilized condition since nobody seems at all worried about it.  But I guess it's just as likely they don't see it as necessary to kill, since its ambush failed and it's... cowering?

I guess going out of their way to coup-de-grace Serini's pets would be counter-productive.  It's just interesting that that applies to creatures like this and not just the talkative, friendly Sunny.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 313