Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 564569 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #3000 on: July 25, 2018, 09:20:18 am »

The OOTS universe is 3.5 though, not 5E. Of course though, Helgya, of all people, should have a high will save, and then there’s Minrah who somehow dodged it, maybe wasn’t in line of sight.
Or I guess they didn't bother to dominate because she's a squishy and relatively low level? Or maybe just made the saves herself
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 25, 2018, 05:20:04 pm »

She was looking the other way, probably initially focused on the spawn between Roy's backside and Belkay. The vampire's domination power requires full eye contact and only hits one person - there were only four vampires(one destroyed during the dominations), and 7 possible targets.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 27, 2018, 09:36:47 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 27, 2018, 10:23:10 am »

Huh! Strength of knowing oneself so well, I guess. Something you wouldn't typically expect from a dwarf paladin of all people.

So is he gonna be some sort of half-vampire thing now? And what let Belkar get back up?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 27, 2018, 10:33:59 am »

And what let Belkar get back up?
Belkar, unlike everyone else was just knocked out, and Remember that Amulet of Protection from evil he had? his cat JUST dislodged it- and since it causes him so much pain, I doubt anyone could stay knocked out through that, Especially since it helped turn off a Vampires "dominate person".
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 27, 2018, 10:36:53 am »

He's a Dwarven Cleric, I believe, not a paladin. Who's main stat is presumably wisdom, so makes sense in a way.

He's probably still a full vampire, just has basically turned his vampire persona into a copy of himself.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 27, 2018, 10:37:57 am »

I didn't remember it until you mentioned it, actually. The amount of Chekhov's guns in this story is so damn high that I'm liable to forget half of them were even a thing when they end up being fired.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 27, 2018, 11:00:14 am »

Well, they just jumped the shark. No reason not to use those diamonds on more important people from an ethical perspective; if losing the chance to meet someone you've never met is the worst moment of your life, you've got it pretty good; and lastly the lecture was dull.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:08:22 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 27, 2018, 11:10:35 am »

The other people they could have used the diamonds on was his own dad.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 27, 2018, 11:51:22 am »

Also the fact that they were unimportant is actually a pretty good reason to rez them, important people are more likely to have died with honor and/or have people able to afford their resurrection.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 27, 2018, 12:15:43 pm »

I think this set of pages is my favorite. This is a good set-up and execution through and through.

And aye. Durkon's worst day was losing her husband and then having to force herself to come to grips that he is gone, and happier for it. If you look at all those past scenes, she looks like shit. They ended up helping her as much as she helped them.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 27, 2018, 12:33:18 pm »

Is his mom's name also Durkon? Because otherwise I think you made a typo. Or think Durkon is his mom.

Also, looks like he may have just Weatherwaxed that vampire.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 27, 2018, 01:23:03 pm »

Is his mom's name also Durkon? Because otherwise I think you made a typo. Or think Durkon is his mom.

Also, looks like he may have just Weatherwaxed that vampire.

It's a new spin-off comic called Being Durkon Malkovich, in which Durkon goes inside his own head and everyone's called Durkon. All dialogue is now "Durkon? Durkon Durkon!"

See, this is the ultimate endpoint. There Durkula, and inside him is a Durkon. And that Durkon is projecting Durkon memories. That's three levels deep already. And the Durkon in the memories was remembering even earlier memories. 4 levels deep in Durkon. The end result is an infinite regress of Durkons, it's Durkons all the way down.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:30:18 pm by Reelya »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 27, 2018, 01:32:28 pm »

I think I am tired. : (
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 27, 2018, 01:36:48 pm »

In 3.5, no, afaik there's no rules that spell duration is tied to the life of the caster except in cases where that's explicitly the case (which it isn't for most spells of course) so spells continue on. Potentially certain self buffing spells would end as you turn from a creature into an object (what is a dead body in 3.5, creature or object, is actually somewhat debatable and an important distinction for some spells I believe) and thus no longer quallify as a target for the spell, but other then that they should just keep on past death.

In 5E almost all spells with an ongoing effect are concentration and thus will end when the dead caster can no longer concentrate. There are a few exceptions though I believe, which afaik would also continue past death.

(In 5E) Some spells become permanent if you concentrate on them long enough - permanent generally means dispelable but without a duration anymore, and don't require to maintain concentration. These would probably continue after the caster has died.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:38:21 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 313