Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 562123 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #2715 on: February 20, 2018, 12:50:29 pm »

But 'evil' is that which is morally bad or wrong. And if your actions are judged by your society as correct, aren't you, in fact, good?

Hmmm... We ARE All Evil. We All Behave In A Mutually Agreed-Upon Fashion Of Murder, Torture, Deceit And So Forth. Our Uniform Acceptance Of This Heinous Credo Creates An Orderly And Cooperative Society. Which Hardly Seems Evil. Evil Is Doing Things That Make Others Hurt Or Fear. We ALL Do That, Of Course. But Since We ALL Do Such Things, As Sanctioned By Our Culture, It Would Be `Bad' To Do Otherwise. Which Means... Er... Puny Hu-Man, Do Not Play With Words! You Anger Both Dogar And Kazon! Now You Must Die!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 20, 2018, 01:29:15 pm »

Loki has solidified even further his position as my favorite background character.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 20, 2018, 02:21:56 pm »

Loki has solidified even further his position as my favorite background character.
I agree.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 20, 2018, 05:33:33 pm »

Spoiler: Revelation (click to show/hide)

I wonder what happened to that one dwarf who died of mummy rot that they got from defending an orphanage? Did Loki get them too?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 20, 2018, 06:06:00 pm »

Spoiler: Revelation (click to show/hide)

I wonder what happened to that one dwarf who died of mummy rot that they got from defending an orphanage? Did Loki get them too?

Loki is traditionally depicted as male, but given that he's a shapeshifter, he could become either.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 20, 2018, 06:08:21 pm »

He's sorta liminal. Giving birth and all that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: February 20, 2018, 07:17:49 pm »

Loki identifies as an attack horse.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 21, 2018, 02:22:26 am »

He tends to go for both ends of the spectrum in ancient legends depending on what mood he is, but he usually settles on male.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: March 12, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »

New comic up.

Been a while since Rich Burlew made a new one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: March 12, 2018, 09:42:53 pm »

Gelatinous Cube races. That is so wrong.

Also, looking at the Gelatinous Cube in the SRD, how dense are these things supposed to be? They're a 10-foot cube, and weigh 15,000 pounds. Looking that up with a calculator for kilogram-per-cubic-meter, this gelatin is more dense than platinum(>24000 kg/m³ for the gelatin, 21450 for platinum).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: March 12, 2018, 09:55:05 pm »

Think you screwed up a conversion factor. Converted into metric, a gelacube is ~28 cubic meters with a mass of ~6804 kilograms. With those inputs, your calculator produces a density of 243 kg/m³. Since the calculator gives the option, we can also try the unconverted US units. Putting 15,000 pounds and 1000 cubic feet into that calculator results in a density of 240.27734595704 kg/m³
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: March 12, 2018, 10:00:43 pm »

I wondered how the heck they'd be able to breathe while riding inside the gelatinous cube.

As for the density, what options did you use and numbers did you input? I put volume at 3.048 (which is 10 cubic feet) and weight at 15000 (the calculator doesn't like commas for some reason), and got a density of 4921.2598425197 kg/m3

edit: Ninjad doubleedit: Wait, Lord Shonus's number is different from mine. EDIT!: I put in KILOS, not pounds! or rather I set it to kilos rather than pounds *goes off to another calculator to convert pounds to kilos)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:04:17 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:41 pm »

Okay, recalculated, 15k pounds is  6 803.885 55 kilos, gonna round that up though.... New density is 2232.2834645669

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: March 12, 2018, 10:04:40 pm »

Ahh, the kind of Chaotic Neutral where you don't mind setting some buildings on fire, so long as you don't make a habit of it. ;P

Also I think the cubes are supposed to be 10 feet cubed, rather than 10 cubic feet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:07:51 pm by Egan_BW »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: March 12, 2018, 10:16:37 pm »

Putting in 6804 kilos and 10 cubic square feet has a density output of 15000/lb3, which is not as dense as tungsten, but you may as well be sitting inside a rock.

As for the wierd density, I suspect that someone simply threw some numbers in there without checking if they made sense. Making them 1,500 pounds rather than 15k makes them have a density of 150.0, denser than air, but you probably wouldn't float in it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:19:27 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 313