Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 559739 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1045 Studying Up
« Reply #1935 on: July 21, 2016, 08:21:58 am »

Srsly Roy, just get a bow. Fighters shoot bows good. Backup ranged attack. Plus some holy arrows or whatever.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 21, 2016, 08:26:02 am »

Idk, Roy is probably pretty heavily feat invested into melee weapons, and swords in particular. He'd probably be terrible (relative to how he is with a sword) with a bow, and wouldn't be able to do appreciable damage. If he can get the GM universe to give him a ranged attack with the sword, that uses his swordman skillz (or is a straight up spell like ability and thus can be however powerful it needs to be without any real consideration) that's worth any amount of looking silly as he trains!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 21, 2016, 08:48:05 am »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 21, 2016, 10:46:26 am »

So in other words, we don't know how good or bad Roy actually is with a bow. We only know that he can at least hit the broad side of a barn with one.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 21, 2016, 08:21:41 pm »

Took me long enough to realise what his father said is probably an innuendo.
Just imagine Roy saying "Ranged attack!" as he did it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 21, 2016, 10:17:20 pm »

So in other words, we don't know how good or bad Roy actually is with a bow. We only know that he can at least hit the broad side of a barn with one.

At the very least he can hit at Fighter BAB, which is pretty good, plus whatever enchantment bonuses of the bow and the arrows, unless he has really bad dexterity giving him lots of penalties.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1046 Literally Heartless
« Reply #1941 on: August 01, 2016, 10:31:48 am »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1942 on: August 01, 2016, 06:13:13 pm »

Poor V
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 01, 2016, 11:55:11 pm »

Seriously, that's a pretty fucked punchline.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 02, 2016, 12:00:23 am »

Alright, I'm calling it. Eugene is going to be the anti-Tarquin. Where Tarquin is the ultimate in compelling villainy, Eugene is going to be an exercise on being the most repulsive and inhumane person who is still Lawful Good.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 02, 2016, 12:01:55 am »

To be fair, I'm pretty sure most of us forgot about what happened to V's relationship.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 02, 2016, 12:53:09 am »

To be fair, I'm pretty sure most of us forgot about what happened to V's relationship.

That is a fair point, but it's still pretty damn sad to think about. :(
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 02, 2016, 06:19:48 am »

Alright, I'm calling it. Eugene is going to be the anti-Tarquin. Where Tarquin is the ultimate in compelling villainy, Eugene is going to be an exercise on being the most repulsive and inhumane person who is still Lawful Good.
Some people would say that was Miko, but I never thought she was that bad.  Just foolish at times.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 02, 2016, 06:23:08 am »

Some people would say that was Miko, but I never thought she was that bad.  Just foolish at times.

"At times" being the entirety of her character arc.

I'd like to see a spin-off comic about her adventures in the afterlife and her struggle to understand just how badly she fucked up as a paladin and a human being.  Defeat enough extra-planar threats, go through enough personal redemption to be able to earn a reunion with her lawful good horse.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1047 Perhaps a Few Mini-Revolutions
« Reply #1949 on: August 08, 2016, 05:27:08 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 313