Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 559751 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1000 Hel Polls for Thee
« Reply #1380 on: August 28, 2015, 09:50:27 am »

But they're interested in the continued existence of the world, no?
Dunno. They're not threatened at all - Hel explicitly is basing her plan on the afterlives being safe-, and nobody not named Rich Burlew has more than the faintest clue what their plan is.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 28, 2015, 09:57:02 am »

Unless Rich has something else planned and I'm talking out of my arse, which is also a possibility.

it seems implied that Hal has a deal/relationship with demigods to tip the balance of the vote, but more than half of them? Result is not yet given, so the whole gambit could fail on its own as well. Which would be anticlimatic as hell, but not unprecedented

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 28, 2015, 10:44:29 am »

Rich Burlew is selling the OOTS books in PDF form! 2 of them are up new at https://gumroad.com/richburlew#, Dungeon Crawling Fools and On the Origin of PCs.   

I have the physical books but am definitely getting the digital copies. Much easier to carry around than the physical ones.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 28, 2015, 10:54:54 am »

The sword glows when he is angry, and anyway Belkar does have a psionic dagger that could distract Durkula for just enough so Roy can beat him.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 28, 2015, 01:24:36 pm »

Unless Rich has something else planned and I'm talking out of my arse, which is also a possibility.

it seems implied that Hal has a deal/relationship with demigods to tip the balance of the vote, but more than half of them? Result is not yet given, so the whole gambit could fail on its own as well. Which would be anticlimatic as hell, but not unprecedented
It's a little odd, I'd expect the Norse demigods to mostly follow Loki.  Since a lot of them are probably the monsters he's famous for siring.  He might be feigning defeat for now...  I don't think so though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 28, 2015, 01:29:44 pm »

To be fair, if Loki was your dad/mom (dat sexy shapeshifting), would you really be that supportive of him?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 28, 2015, 02:20:20 pm »

If that's the case, Fenrir is their man. Seeing as he's the God of Monsters for them. Soo ah... Yeah. Piss on the graves!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 28, 2015, 05:27:06 pm »

*casts Grasping Hand*

*Grasping Hand grabs some popcorn, moves it towards caster*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 28, 2015, 06:08:17 pm »

Maybe Sleipnir at least would be on the good guy's side maybe?  Being Odin's horse and Loki being his uh.... Mom.... and all.  But that really depends on what exactly qualifies a demigod.  Is it just minor gods like Valkyries?  Half gods like Hercules or Perseus?(I can't think of any Norse half gods, outside of the results of Loki's My Little Pony Adventures.)

Though it's probably moot, the 'if any bothered to show up' bit seems to indicate that they are usually no-shows.  Consitering everything that has happened, I'm betting some DID show up, and the ones that did were all convinced by Hel to do so.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:12:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 28, 2015, 06:44:51 pm »

I expect the plan is Bull Rush, but we'll see.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1390 on: August 28, 2015, 06:57:15 pm »

ROY VS SUSPICIOUS URIST

PLACE YA BETS

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 29, 2015, 12:08:30 am »

Damn, I was idly hoping that comic 1000 would have the vote of the gods going for destroy and the comic ending at such an auspicious number. Oh well.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 29, 2015, 12:19:14 am »

ROY VS SUSPICIOUS URIST

PLACE YA BETS
I bet Belkar
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 29, 2015, 12:29:30 am »

I bet sacrifice play by a combination of other clerics/bodyguards.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: August 29, 2015, 12:42:24 am »

A dash of Heroic Willpower from Durkon's soul for a microsecond just at the right moment ...?
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 313