Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Caravan spawn locations  (Read 2353 times)

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan spawn locations
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 11:44:07 pm »

So what's the best way to keep those damn ambushers from killin my liason, because I want to get barons etc again.

Too many caravans dying will declare war on you, but what part of the caravans? All of them? Can 50% survive to keep me safe?

And what's with my dwarven society, will they still elevate my fortress if they die before they reach me etc? If no, how can I avoid those darn ambushed sniping off the caravan? (Except of course having 30 military dwarves patrol the whole time)
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"

NotaPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:06 am »

Liasons have to talk to your mayor and have you choose the baron before you can rise up a higher status, methinks.

Caravans...I'm not too sure, but if you want to stop ambushers you'll have to send a few groups of militia (number based on their skill) to accompany the caravan itself in case things happen to it. It's just a few station orders, and should be able to deal with any neaby ambushing gobbos so long as your military is skilled enough.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 12:49:59 am »

So what's the best way to keep those damn ambushers from killin my liason, because I want to get barons etc again.

Too many caravans dying will declare war on you, but what part of the caravans? All of them? Can 50% survive to keep me safe?

And what's with my dwarven society, will they still elevate my fortress if they die before they reach me etc? If no, how can I avoid those darn ambushed sniping off the caravan? (Except of course having 30 military dwarves patrol the whole time)

Be lucky, I've never had much luck with liasions once ambushes pops up often enough. That or have tunnel to every edge full of grinding traps. I believe the war might be declared over total loss of profit in general, but I've yet to get anyone to declare war on me from caravan.
Pages: 1 [2]