Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24431 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 6, Serious Powerhouse
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2013, 08:10:42 am »

The air seemed alive around Erik. He'd felt it quivering before when his ears gone all pointy, but now, in the middle of the fight, it writhed. He didn't understand it, but he'd felt it shift when he'd wanted the Cultists be unlucky. For an instant, he'd seen two possibilities. In one the colonist that Emma had attacked was still alive, having slipped her axe strike, and in the other... Well, that was now.
  He might not understand it, but it seemed he could control it. Sort of.

Reclaim Luck. Dash forwards and pick up one of the fallen spears.
If I can do this in the same turn as I pick up the spear (doubtful), sweep the legs of a random cultist.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 6, Serious Powerhouse
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2013, 08:18:31 am »

"well that seems handy... im still gonna shank them though..."
shank cultist 5 with my shanking dagger whilst keeping my pocket knife pocketed, throw remaining feathers at lowest health cultist.

((could you give me a quick heads up on how my feathers work?
do i fire a set number of feathers or do i get additional strikes for every point i roll higher than their defense roll?
is it 1d6 damage or damage rating: 5 and can they critically strike?
can i collect spent feathers and utilize them for various shenanigans or does the dungeon janitor sweep them under the rug?))

I don't really have time to do the turn before bed, but I can answer these questions

You fire a volley of 5, one hits for every point you beat the enemies roll by, it is damage rating 5, and I am thinking they can critically strike, but only with +5 damage, and only the ones that would hit within the threshold of 3, and only on a natural 5, so if you roll 5 and they roll 2, you would hit with 3 and 1 of them would crit, as for collecting, I do not see why not, but remember they are razor sharp
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 7, Initial Failures
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2013, 01:15:16 am »

OK bear with me, the combat system is still experimental, for one thing, I am wondering if stuff should have more health, for this I want input, yes or no to doubling health across the board, for you guys too of course, right now stuff dies quick, although that is fairly realistic. Second I am not that happy with the entire team going at once, so I am thinking of rolling for each character individually, however with a d6 people will be going simultaneously very often, so I hope that SC does not mind me using the d100 initiative from CvRTD.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Cultist 3:Stay away from the scary lady, attack other prone girl
{6}{6+1 vs 2-1}{3}{2+1} The cultist quickly draws his dagger and lunges at clair, who is unable to get out of the way due to being prone, he deals her 5 damage her blood coating his dagger, and a look of triumph in his eyes.

Your cultist is dead NDRL, Nero finished him off

Shoot at different cultist.

You attempt to quickly load your crossbow {1} however you screw up and waste the entire turn. {5} fortunately you do not damage your weapon.

{?}
You feel a painful sensation spread through your body, and you curl up in pain. Then almost as suddenly as it started, the pain vanishes, leaving you with talon like claws instead of fingernails and soft, steel grey feathers sprout from your forearm

Gained Talons, gained 1 strength

"well that seems handy... im still gonna shank them though..."
shank cultist 5 with my shanking dagger whilst keeping my pocket knife pocketed, throw remaining feathers at lowest health cultist.

((could you give me a quick heads up on how my feathers work?
do i fire a set number of feathers or do i get additional strikes for every point i roll higher than their defense roll?
is it 1d6 damage or damage rating: 5 and can they critically strike?
can i collect spent feathers and utilize them for various shenanigans or does the dungeon janitor sweep them under the rug?))

{4, you can get two actions at -1 each}{4+1+1-1vs 5}{1}, {3-1 vs 4} You charge at cultist 5 with your dagger, but to hit you have to attack from an awkward angle, as a result there is no strength behind the blow, you deal no damage, on your way you fling your remaining feathers at cultist 2, that feels really odd, and you fail to connect at all against him.

Ally: Shoot the man attacking the damsel

{1} It turns out that he loaded his pistol poorly, and the notoriously unreliable weapon blows up in his hand {1,6} Dealing him 12 damage {4} fortunately the shrapnel does not travel very far.

(please note I am far less likely to outright destroy PC weapons on a 1)

Charlotte gasped in pain as her body began to change, she watched in horror as her hands began to twist and change into claws. It was already happening... Even if she managed to get back home now she would be a freak. She felt the tears beginning to build up but bit them back. Now was not the time, there were still cultists trying to kill them.

Slash one of the remaining cultists with the dagger
{6+1 vs 5}{5}{1+1} Tears beginning to cloud your vision at the depressing turn of events, you just close your eyes and swing the blade in your hand, It strikes deep into the already injured cultist dealing 8 damage, He is now severely injured and the feel of his hot blood spraying across your face disturbs you less than you think it should, and THAT fact disturbs you a great deal.

The air seemed alive around Erik. He'd felt it quivering before when his ears gone all pointy, but now, in the middle of the fight, it writhed. He didn't understand it, but he'd felt it shift when he'd wanted the Cultists be unlucky. For an instant, he'd seen two possibilities. In one the colonist that Emma had attacked was still alive, having slipped her axe strike, and in the other... Well, that was now.
  He might not understand it, but it seemed he could control it. Sort of.

Reclaim Luck. Dash forwards and pick up one of the fallen spears.
If I can do this in the same turn as I pick up the spear (doubtful), sweep the legs of a random cultist.

{2} You dash forward and grab the spear from the man Emma had slain, it feels slightly slick with blood, but useable.

Quote from: spear
Hit +1(melee)/-1(thrown)
Weight: 1
Damage: 6
Crit 5
Crit threshold 4
Damage: 7
STR: Full
Crit Damage 10
Two Handed
Special: Can be thrown

Unfortunately you are not quick enough to be able to act

Grab my axe and stand up. "I was wondering when that would happen."

You collect your axe and stand up, just trying to settle yourself, you do not act, too busy noting the changes in yourself, and observing the changes in Jeremiah.

Emma was, quite frankly, surprised at her own strength. Or maybe these cultists - whatever they were, in the same sense she and apparently several others of her group (and now she was feeling slightly jealous of Clair, whose transformation was more... flattering) weren't quite human - were just fragile. No time to worry about it. Instead she moved from prone into a crouching position, ready to dodge when those spears were thrown.

Stop being prone and initiate defensive maneuvering.
Thomas winced at the sudden bunching up of his legs and muscles, feeling as though something in him was changing.
"Urgh, not good.." He grumbled, silently cursing what he assumed to be muscle cramps. He wasn't that out of shape and he hadn't run a marathon today, what the hell was happening!?
He considered taking out the other cultists, but the range of the enemy and the fact the ones armed with crossbows were attacking them was enough to make him decide to sit out for now until he saw an opening.

Retrieve Axe and keep eye on Cultists, making sure to be ready to dodge if another volley comes at him.

Both of you grab your axes and Emma gets up, you observe the opponents cautiously, ready to defend yourselves

Cultist2: Attack the Chick with the dagger
{4+1-2vs3}{2}{6+1} The cultist, injured as he is, manages to connect weakly with charlotte, scoring a small gash along her side (5 damage), charlotte notices that the wound is itching quite strongly

"Fine then!"
Shoot cultists while loudly complaining about how i wanted two crossbows.
{3} your complaints have no effect, {1}{1} You shoot yourself in the foot {6} 12 damage, you are severely wounded {2} the crossbow has also jammed, and no-one else seems willing to loan you one after how you treated them

"Erm, sorry there."

Shoot one of the uninjured cultists! Go for the center of mass.

((Didn't you say crossbows used Dex to hit?))
{4+1} You successfully reload your crossbow quickly enough to attack again {6+1vs1}{5} 18 damage, Your shot is perfect, your foe has no idea it is coming and it punches right into his eye, Cultist 3 he is now critically wounded, unfortunately your crossbow has jammed

Cultist 5: Panic? {3} he stays the course, and lunges at charlotte

{1}{5} he trips over a loose stone and drops his weapon

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)

But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2013, 01:46:32 am »

shank random cultist, then spin and shank another wounded cultist.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2013, 01:47:59 am »

With the double action before, I was feeling generous, plus the feather thing is a simpler action than getting in a stab you will be recieving penalties for the double attack, do you want to continue? Y/N

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2013, 01:51:34 am »

"I'm gonna headbutt ya'!"
Give cultists kisses with my forehead.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2013, 02:12:36 am »

Attack the uninjured cultist.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2013, 03:13:29 am »

"What the fuck..."

Drop crossbow and claw nearest cultist.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2013, 03:47:27 am »

When Dick's crossbow jammed, he wondered how that worked. However, he never was good at this technical shit, so he just skipped over the issue momentarily. Instead, he felt the static on his body building up, a shiver going through him as the sensation of power grew palpable. Did this happen... normally, or because he was desperate?

All he knew was that there was only a single thought in his mind. It was something he had seen in a movie once.

Drop crossbow, outstretch both palms toward a nearby, unobstructed cultist. Channel the lightning.

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2013, 07:44:10 am »

Thomas noticed the one cultist that had tripped and, seeing an opportunity, decided to rush over and finish the job.

Run to prone Cultist and attack

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2013, 08:20:29 am »

OK bear with me, the combat system is still experimental, for one thing, I am wondering if stuff should have more health, for this I want input, yes or no to doubling health across the board, for you guys too of course, right now stuff dies quick, although that is fairly realistic. Second I am not that happy with the entire team going at once, so I am thinking of rolling for each character individually, however with a d6 people will be going simultaneously very often, so I hope that SC does not mind me using the d100 initiative from CvRTD.

((I actually kind of like this health system. Sure, it means we can die in a single unlucky strike, but it also moves VERY quickly.))

Erik twisted the spear in his hands. Held this way it felt very much like a pool cue, and he'd learned to use those pretty well in the last couple of years.

Non-fatally club cultist 3 in the head, hopefully knocking him unconscious. If cultist three is out of the fight, same action to the next weakest cultist.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53:12 am »

(You can cannibalize whatever you want from CvRTD, but don't say I didn't warn you if some of it gets too annoying to roll for. :P)

Emma pounces on the prone cultist for a coup de grāce strike to the back of the head with her axe.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2013, 12:02:52 pm »

Charlotte's hand went to her wounded side wondering why it was itching so much, her face paled as she realised it might be because the blade was poisoned. She would have to get it looked at after the fight was over

Pushing past her fears for now she would once again attack the cultist she had injured
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2013, 12:55:30 am »

Ehhh whoops, we have everyone, dont know who I thought I was waiting on, working on turn now

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 8, Krak'a'boom
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2013, 01:20:00 am »

Turn 8

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

When Dick's crossbow jammed, he wondered how that worked. However, he never was good at this technical shit, so he just skipped over the issue momentarily. Instead, he felt the static on his body building up, a shiver going through him as the sensation of power grew palpable. Did this happen... normally, or because he was desperate?

All he knew was that there was only a single thought in his mind. It was something he had seen in a movie once.

Drop crossbow, outstretch both palms toward a nearby, unobstructed cultist. Channel the lightning.

You drop your crossbow, no time to figure out how to fix it now, you remember seeing what Emma did, you are damn certain that she could not do that before, so maybe you can do something too {Power: 4}{Control: 5} (you needed a control when serious didn’t because SC’s character was not TRYING to do magic, it was kind of instinctual) You feel the static stored within your feathers grow, and spread to the rest of your body, you thrust your hands at (target choice: Cultist 5) and will the power at him, {damage: 4} It strikes him dead on a single bolt of pure white energy, almost enough to blind (32 damage) the cultist convulses but there is no one home, {5} The Thunder from the bolt is heard instantly, however you master the magic, and while loud your allies are unaffected, the other foes however, {2-2}{5-3} Cultist2 is cought completely unawares and is smashed into the wall, killing him instantly, while cultist 3  manages to slightly stabilise himself, the shockwave knocks him over, and the fall kills the already critically wounded man.

Everyone else:

The foes are all dead, you can loot or just run, also {3} Charlotte’s wound closes up slightly (3 damage healed), you grab the loot you want and run for the exit, at the urgings of your erstwhile ally, after about an hour of non-stop traveling, you arrive at a small sailing ship, the kind that can be manned by one man, but can fit more, it may be cramped however. (by this point Charlotte is fully healed and the itching has stopped)  Once on the boat he tells you that his name is Gregor, and invites questions.

Also you all get one boost for beating the tutorial, This can be a simple boost to an attribute, basic skill with a weapon that you used(unholy you cant get more skilled with knives yet though), something relating to your awakening or something else, ask and ye may/may not recieve, do not be afraid to ask however, as a refusal does not cost your boon.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the abrupt end to the fight, but harry’s rolls were awesome, AND most of the enemies were already near death
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:25:57 am by wolfchild »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23