Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24452 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 5, is it hot in here?
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »

Charlotte gasped as one of the cultists got absorbed by the flames, how on earth had Emma managed to do that? There was no time to dwell on it though the other cultists were still attacking.

She charged forward dagger in hand and tried to attack the remaining cultists
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 5, is it hot in here?
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2013, 09:51:56 pm »

Thomas figured it was better to ask questions later.
"We can figure this all out when we're not under attack by crazies."

Charge at the remaining cultists and attack with hand-axe

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 6, Serious Powerhouse
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2013, 03:12:09 am »

Turn 6

{6 vs 4} (PCs go 1st)

Dick was pretty sure all this was relatively new to him. Then again, fighting with medieval weaponry is simply a fancier way of fighting with a broken bottle, so he guesses it's best to go with instinct.

The guy who was telling the others to not let the chosen ones get away. Shoot him with the crossbow, preferably in the chest. If he's the one that got incinerated, randomly pick another hostile-seeming cultist, shoot that one.

{1} You point your crossbow at the cultist and pull the trigger, at the last moment your hand shakes and the bolt fires towards Charlotte, {4} fortunately she manages to get out of the way in time, you flash her an apologetic grimace before fumbling around for another bolt.

Erik gaped as the first cultist turned to ashes. Note to self: do not tick off the canine yoga instructor, he thought as he began to raise his crossbow. He never really had much practice with pistols, but honestly, he didn't need to be good. His opponents just needed to be unlucky.
  Of course, considering how many of them there were, they'd need to be really REALLY unlucky.

Unluck random cultist. Prime a shot to strike the first cultist to attack another member of the party. Shoot in the leg or the arm, do not shoot to kill.

You thinking about the oponent needing to be unlucky does something, you feel something change, and one of the cultists, gets a look on his face, like he suddenly felt someone walk over his grave.

"holy shit... could you do that again?"

draw my dagger and wait for a cultist to move away from the others or be the sole survivor, when my target has been selected shank them mercilessly.
{?}

{4} You quickly draw your dagger and move to the front of your group, waiting for an opening

"You mother-****ers, I had dibs on those bows!"
Grab crossbow out of someone's hand, shoot cultists.

Please note that since you have not changed your action after I warned you, this will be your last warning, any more Trollish actions and you will be removed from the game, this also counts as a turn of inactivity, two more in a row without a good excuse and you will be removed from the game.

Clair swung her axe

Attack any cultists.
{?}

{1} You pull your hand up for a downward swing, however you put too much force into it and the axe flies out of your hand, AND you fall over {2} fortunately the axe did not hit one of your friends

Suddenly, Something changes within you, it is hard to describe exactly, your body shape changes slightly, and you also feel a yearning for being outside: Clair has undergone 1st awakening, charlotte has gained Woodland Strength[abbr], Plant Affinity

Shoot at closest cultist.
{?}

{3+1 vs 4} You strike a glancing blow against a cultist (half damage), the one that said to not let you get away, {5} You deal (8/2) 4 Damage to the cultist

"holy shit... could you do that again?"

Emma stared at her hands, unblinking. "I, uh... I didn't know I could do that in the first place!" She had no clue how she had done it. It was a subconscious thing, she had put her hands forward in what would have been a useless attempt to ward off a sharp projectile and somehow fire had burned away not only the offending spear but the person who threw it. ...Is this why I've been feeling so overheated since this change started? Holy shit, am I becoming some kind of dog-dragon!? She'd never heard of one before, but given that the change was going to be permanent, that seemed kind of cool - certainly preferable to some alternatives.

In any case, it wouldn't be wise to rely on an unknown ability like that in the heat of battle. I really hope I'm not going to start in with the puns... although at least that would be a sure sign I've completely lost it. May have already and I'm just imagining all of this? Forget that; it was a slippery slope. Instead she hefted her handaxe.

Emma waits until everyone who has a crossbow has fired and then charges in to axe an uninjured cultist a few questions, because that pun is required to properly use an axe. :P

{5 vs 61} You charge the cultist that had a fearful look on his face a moment ago, just as you are about to drop your axe you speak an awful pun and the cultist begins to dodge, he seems to be moving well to get away from the attack, but his foot catches a slightly uneven stone  and he ends up falling right into your weapon, {6} (14*1.5 (your overshot) = 21 + {6+1}(str) =28 *1.5 (his epic fail dodge) = 42 damage.) Maybe you did not need to jump into the attack, your blow cleaves him in twain, and still does not provide enough resistance, and you keep going, slamming painfully into the nearby wall and dropping your axe, you then notice that you are completely soaked in blood.

Charlotte gasped as one of the cultists got absorbed by the flames, how on earth had Emma managed to do that? There was no time to dwell on it though the other cultists were still attacking.

She charged forward dagger in hand and tried to attack the remaining cultists

{?}

{5+1 vs 5} You Charge at the already injured cultist, and lunge at him, {5} {1+1} you score a minor gash on his torso, dealing 6 damage, the cultist is now severely injured (-2 to most rolls), you barely manage to avoid the spray of blood from your semi canine companion’s kill.

After the news reporter finishes the job, you feel pain within you, your body shifting until your hands now end in claws and are covered in thin grey scales, the small of your back feels like it is covered in the same fashion and a small scaled tail forms, lifting up your dress slightly. Charlotte has undergone 1st awakening, acquired Claws, regeneration

Thomas figured it was better to ask questions later.
"We can figure this all out when we're not under attack by crazies."

Charge at the remaining cultists and attack with hand-axe

{?}

{3 vs 4-2} You charge at injured cultist, something driving you to finish him off, halfway through your charge you begin changing, your leg muscles Bunch together harder, and the rest of your muscles shift and strengthen slightly, you are also in a more lean body shape now: Thomas has undergone 1st awakening, gained +1 agility and Strong legs, but the change also throws off your attack slightly, fortunately the cultist is slowed down by his wounds and cannot get out of the way {6}{6}, You kill the cultist, your axe embedded in his skull.

CULTISTS:

The cultists decide that Emma, is simultaneously too dangerous to get near, and too dangerous to ignore, they all move to throw their spears at her

Draignain: However Erik fires at his sighted target {5-1(called shot)vs4} Your accurate attack is almost foiled by the man moving to attack, however you do hit, barely {4} You do 5 damage and, more importantly you throw off the enemies attack

You notice that Clair, near your target, has changed slightly, her shape is now closer to the classic western standards of beauty, and her hear is a dark, verdant green.

Unholy_Pariah: With the cultists moving to attack emma you decide to move NOW, however pain grips you momentarily, like acid flowing through your veins, steel grey feathers push themselves from your forearm, and then the pain subsides. Elric Johnson has undergone his 1st awakening, he has acquired, Poison Affinity, Razor Feathers. You then instinctively flick your arm at the target just hit by Erik. {4vs3} A flurry of feathers flies towards the cultist, he is able to dodge all bar one {2} you deal the cultist 2 damage

The cultists now throw their spears simultaneously {2-3 vs 4+1-1}{5-1 vs 5+1-1}{4-1 vs 4+1-1} all three however fail to connect.

{2} Your ally is caught behind your group and cannot get a shot

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2013, 03:21:04 am »

"Erm, sorry there."

Shoot one of the uninjured cultists! Go for the center of mass.

((Didn't you say crossbows used Dex to hit?))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:02 am »

((Didn't you say crossbows used Dex to hit?))

Yes, but I am pretty sure I said a 1 does not care your stats, If i did not I am saying it here, on a natural 1 you do not get your bonuses
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2013, 03:34:57 am »

Yes, but I am pretty sure I said a 1 does not care your stats, If i did not I am saying it here, on a natural 1 you do not get your bonuses

((Oh. That's okay, then.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2013, 03:37:34 am »

Grab my axe and stand up. "I was wondering when that would happen."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2013, 04:00:52 am »

"Gotcha!"

Shoot at same cultist, again.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2013, 04:06:00 am »

Your cultist is dead NDRL, Nero finished him off

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:13 am »

"well that seems handy... im still gonna shank them though..."
shank cultist 5 with my shanking dagger whilst keeping my pocket knife pocketed, throw remaining feathers at lowest health cultist.

((could you give me a quick heads up on how my feathers work?
do i fire a set number of feathers or do i get additional strikes for every point i roll higher than their defense roll?
is it 1d6 damage or damage rating: 5 and can they critically strike?
can i collect spent feathers and utilize them for various shenanigans or does the dungeon janitor sweep them under the rug?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:13:02 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2013, 04:08:51 am »

Your cultist is dead NDRL, Nero finished him off

Shoot at different cultist.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2013, 12:34:45 pm »

Emma was, quite frankly, surprised at her own strength. Or maybe these cultists - whatever they were, in the same sense she and apparently several others of her group (and now she was feeling slightly jealous of Clair, whose transformation was more... flattering) weren't quite human - were just fragile. No time to worry about it. Instead she moved from prone into a crouching position, ready to dodge when those spears were thrown.

Stop being prone and initiate defensive maneuvering.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »

"Fine then!"
Shoot cultists while loudly complaining about how i wanted two crossbows.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »

Thomas winced at the sudden bunching up of his legs and muscles, feeling as though something in him was changing.
"Urgh, not good.." He grumbled, silently cursing what he assumed to be muscle cramps. He wasn't that out of shape and he hadn't run a marathon today, what the hell was happening!?
He considered taking out the other cultists, but the range of the enemy and the fact the ones armed with crossbows were attacking them was enough to make him decide to sit out for now until he saw an opening.

Retrieve Axe and keep eye on Cultists, making sure to be ready to dodge if another volley comes at him.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »

Charlotte gasped in pain as her body began to change, she watched in horror as her hands began to twist and change into claws. It was already happening... Even if she managed to get back home now she would be a freak. She felt the tears beginning to build up but bit them back. Now was not the time, there were still cultists trying to kill them.

Slash one of the remaining cultists with the dagger
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23