Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24510 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 4, maybe it's legit
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

"Hey, at least a beak is better than a bill, right?" Emma asked, arching an eyebrow with a smile. "You don't want to end up going AFLAK all the time."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »

Charlotte's smile widened slightly as Emma continued to talk, it calmed her slightly to find someone like herself here. "I always wanted to try something like that, none of my friends were really ever interested in it." As she mentioned her friends her smile faded, she doubted she would ever see them again now. She forced it back on to her face and continued "You are right though it is difficult to think of something original. As Erik says though I think we'll definitely have something to write about after all of this"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »

Emma nodded sympathetically. "That's too bad. It was a pretty fun time. We'd just gather up in a living room with some drinks and snacks and keep the game going until we were too sleepy to continue, and everyone would find a place to crash for the night." Those were the good old days. "Sometimes, if we all had a few days free, we'd get back into it the next day and keep going until we finished the adventure. It's, uh, it's one of the few things I miss since moving." She scratched the back of her head lightly, trying not to injure herself with her new 'claws'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2013, 04:14:27 pm »

"Dungeons and Dragons? Heh, think the last time i played that was back in highschool." He looked between the two girls."Tell you what, we all get out of this i think i'll buy everyone a round at the bar, then we can go back to your place and play Dungeons and Dragons Emma." He paused for a moment."Actually, make that two rounds, i think we're all gonna need it."

Take Hand crossbow, ten bolts and a hand axe. If someone needs a weapon, offer hand axe.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2013, 04:26:22 pm »

"I always thought only weirdos played those strange boardgames. Well, weirdos and maybe accountants as well. Then again, I was drunk for most of high school, so what do I know."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2013, 10:10:49 pm »

also, duuhrr should have said this earlier, SC your character only has light fur at the moment, not shaggy
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2013, 02:09:32 am »

"Thanks...I guess."

Accept the crossbow.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2013, 11:54:45 am »

Emma shrugged at Dick. "Well... strictly speaking, both of us are weirdos now, aren't we?" She looked over at Thomas. "Yeah... alcohol sounds pretty good right now. I'm calling dibs on any we find on the way out."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2013, 05:45:14 pm »

Take 2 crossbows, by force if necessary.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTDII Turn 5, is it hot in here?
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2013, 06:01:50 pm »

OK, I pmed him and waited long enough, So I am going to skip Dansmither's this turn, he also has 3 more turns until his character kills himself out of stress or something else to remove him from the game.  Also and I am sorry but if he does get removed, no one else is getting In, I didn’t really mean to have 9 players in the 1st place.

Just in time Dan, you are no longer on a countdown to death. But the turn is already done so you have one crossbow, deal with it, next time post within 24 hours or let me know you cant beforehand

Turn 5

Emma gave Clair a blank look that could be best expressed by an emoticon. "...I don't think this is going to be something you or anyone else can fix," she said after a moment before turning her attention to the robed man. "This change... is it going to be permanent?"

Also ask the infiltrator this. ^

"As far as I know, I am afraid the answer is yes"

Take an axe or a dagger if someone else want them, but get a dagger at least. Check the room for anything else. Like something in the water barrels.
Aw, crap. Now it was happening to him as well. Feathers? Really? And static, too. Better hope he doesn't grow a beak. That would be seriously awkward.

"Uh, looks like I'm changing as well," he says, showing his fingernails to the group. "Not as dramatic as the... erm... canine person, but something's definitely happening."

Take one of the crossbows and a dagger. Better to have two weapons with ya.
"right lets make this quick." says elric stepping into the room and quickly tucking a dagger inside his coat before handing the weapons out in an efficient and orderly manner.

walk into the room and begin passing the weapons out to the others, begin by pocketing a dagger and handing a crossbow and 10 bolts each to jeramiah, dick and genoa.

((Im taking one of the daggers to go with my trait and the 3 characters above are our most dextrous so they are gonna get first dibs on the crossbows. This does not mean you cant sweet talk them into handing them over afterwards though.))
   Erik wasn't a big fan of carrying weapons, not against it, but he'd never really felt the need. Of course, the situation had changed, and when in Rome... Erik grabbed the last hand crossbow and a share of the ammunition. He'd shot at a range a couple times, and he wasn't great at the wild-west quick shooting and intuitive aiming -he'd never had the wrists or coordination to manage it- but he could always surprise somebody when he took his time with a shot. He was perceptive, and he know how to recognize patterns and predict them enough to be step ahead.
   The thought of actually shooting a living thing still turned his stomach, but he had a feeling he'd have to get over that.

Grab a hand crossbow and ten bolts
Emma gently probed her teeth with her tongue as she flexed her hands, looking at the shaggy black fur covering them. This was going to take some getting used to, that was for certain. After a moment, she sighed. "Yeah, well, you're lucky," she said to Dick. "At least you're not turning into a human Pomeranian." Speaking of, he'd referred to her as 'canine person' and the other guy, Thomas, had suggested introductions. "I'm Emma MacIntyre. I was, ah... an aerobics instructor before all of this. Also held a yoga class on Tuesday and Thursday nights." She sighed again. If this was permanent, there was no way she could go back home looking like this. At the same time, she was morbidly curious as to what the final result of this transformation would be. I kind of wish it would hurry it along a little. At least a full covering of fur.

She sighed again and looked at the weapons, then half-heartedly grabbed an axe. She'd never even BEEN in a fight... so might as well take a weapon that required no real skill or finesse. You just... swing it as hard as you can and hit other people with the sharp end.

Emma takes an axe. Also, check teeth with tongue, and maybe actively try to get the next level of the awakening?
Charlotte looked nervously over the weapons, the closest thing she had ever used to one before was a stick when pretending to go on adventures as a child. She had hoped that she would never be forced to use one, it looked like she had little choice now. Reaching forward she picked up the last dagger giving it a few practice swings through the air before letting her arm fall to her side. She then turned her attention back to the rest of the group, another person had already changed she wondered how long it would take before she began to change too.

"My name is Charlotte, Charlotte Venture. I am... I mean I was trying to become a writer"

Take the last dagger
"Dungeons and Dragons? Heh, think the last time i played that was back in highschool." He looked between the two girls."Tell you what, we all get out of this i think i'll buy everyone a round at the bar, then we can go back to your place and play Dungeons and Dragons Emma." He paused for a moment."Actually, make that two rounds, i think we're all gonna need it."

Take Hand crossbow, ten bolts and a hand axe. If someone needs a weapon, offer hand axe.

You all split the weapons, the gravity of the situation, and the fact that you may have to kill to get out intact weighs on you.

Clair acquires a Hand Axe
Dick acquires a hand crossbow and a dagger
Elric acquires a Dagger
Erik acquires a hand crossbow
Emma acquires a Hand axe
Charlotte acquires a Dagger
Genoa acquires a hand crossbow
Jeremiah acquires a hand crossbow
Thomas acquires a hand crossbow

After the weapons are distributed, your rescuer gets you moving again, those of you with crossbows, fall back a little. Your travel is thankfully free of encounters until you reach a large room, with many fireplaces each with a roaring fire, it is almost unbearably warm here.

A small group of people wearing the same robe that the man was before he ditched it is in the room, they are are armed with spears and daggers, it seems they were looking for you.

“do not let that lackey of Farina get away with the chosen ones!” One of the cultists throws his spear, it misses your companion but is travelling the correct direction to hit Emma

Snip
Also, check teeth with tongue, and maybe actively try to get the next level of the awakening?

While this is going on, Emma finds that her teeth are a bit sharper than they used to be, especially the canines, thinking that if she could not return to her precious state, then having the change be completed would be prefferable. She attempts to will it to happen, but something else happens instead. {Fire Magic: 4+1} The excess heat from the hearts seems to temporarily vanish into Emma, and before she thinks about what she is doing, she thrusts her hands in front of her to protect herself from the incomming spear.  A gout of fire blasts from those hands Incinerating the spear and continuing on to the cultist.  {1} Who's attempts to dodge out of the way only get him more squarely in the blast. There is now one less cultist and one more ash pile in the room. The smell of burnt flesh drifts over and it is nauseating to everyone other than Emma.

There are now 5 cultists remaining.

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:51:22 pm by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2013, 06:09:49 pm »

Dick was pretty sure all this was relatively new to him. Then again, fighting with medieval weaponry is simply a fancier way of fighting with a broken bottle, so he guesses it's best to go with instinct.

The guy who was telling the others to not let the chosen ones get away. Shoot him with the crossbow, preferably in the chest. If he's the one that got incinerated, randomly pick another hostile-seeming cultist, shoot that one.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2013, 06:37:09 pm »

Erik gaped as the first cultist turned to ashes. Note to self: do not tick off the canine yoga instructor, he thought as he began to raise his crossbow. He never really had much practice with pistols, but honestly, he didn't need to be good. His opponents just needed to be unlucky.
  Of course, considering how many of them there were, they'd need to be really REALLY unlucky.

Unluck random cultist. Prime a shot to strike the first cultist to attack another member of the party. Shoot in the leg or the arm, do not shoot to kill.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2013, 06:56:18 pm »

"holy shit... could you do that again?"

draw my dagger and wait for a cultist to move away from the others or be the sole survivor, when my target has been selected shank them mercilessly.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2013, 08:14:23 pm »

draig using unluck is your turn, actually come to think of it no it isn't its not really worth a turn, keep going

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »

"You mother-****ers, I had dibs on those bows!"
Grab crossbow out of someone's hand, shoot cultists.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23