Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: World of Myth RTDII Turn 12, everyone off  (Read 24498 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTD (attempt the second) and the earth shakes
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 09:43:11 am »

(Thanks for waiting.)

Emma was jogging along, not really much on her mind beyond the weather and whether her laundry would be dry by the time she got back to her apartment. Huh. Sidewalk's a bit crowded today, she thought to herself, noting many people outside the Parliament House: a somewhat suspicious man in a dusty trench coat, a blond man who appeared to be waiting for someone, a redheaded woman who seemed to be in a hurry, and some people who she guessed to be reporters. Maybe something important was going on today. She waved politely at the people as she passed, weaving through the crowd quite expertly.

Or at least she was until the earthquake hit. After stumbling a few steps, she registered what was going on.

Emma crouches and attempts to 'wait out' the earthquake.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:45:25 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTD (attempt the second) Turn 2 (OMGWTF)
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 07:07:49 pm »

Turn 2, or we finally meet the plot

1st things first, as unholy pariah is the 1st player to initiate combat, I am going to use his turn to walk through the basics, of course, since this has had no play-testing It may be prone to changing

suddenly be more agile and less perceptive, shank and disarm the guy wielding the knife before he can stand up.

Maximum health for now is 20, and you get a -1 penalty (to most actions) for each 25% health you are missing (round down) ok the 1st step is rolling to attack, but that is affected by you're weapon, Actually the 1st step is DRAWING the weapon, Elric here has the knife in his pocket. In general drawing a weapon is not a roll, but Elric here is attempting to do it quickly, this is an agility roll, 4 or more succedes (specific weapons may change this)

{5+1=6} Elric quick draws his knife and can attack with it at the same time. Attacking with a weapon is a modified opposed agility roll, let us look at Elric's knife now

Quote from: pocket knife
Attack Types: Thrusting
-----Thrusting-----
Hit: Agility + 0
Crit: 5
Crit Threshold 3
Damage: 5
Str: ½
Crit damage: 10

The knife only has a thrusting attack, it is not really effective when being swung, it is not a hard weapon to use, but neither is it balanced for use as a weapon, so it's modifier for the attack is nothing.

Let us assume the thug has no bonus or penalty to agility, however because he is staggering he gets a minus one to the roll.

{elric 6+1 vs 5-1} Elrics roll is better, so he hits, but it is an overshot so something happens, in this case he puts too much weight into the attack and gets a bonus to damage but falls ontop of the thug.

Now we roll damage, I decide that in this case, falling into the attack boosts the weapons part of the damage by half again. The weapon's damage is what happens on a 5, a 6 is another half again damage but with another overshoot event, while anything less than a 5 is a relative reduction in damage, except for one wich is NO DAMGE AT ALL, even from the strength component. Elric's +1 is to this roll, and the 6 and 1 are for the natural rolls. {6+1} So elric gets a total of 7 which is 7 damage on this knife, plus another overshoot, this time the knife is going to get stuck in the thug, but it is now multiplied by 2 (adding the half agains not multiplying them) for 14 damage, now we add strength {5+1} but the knife is not able to use the STR that effectively so the total is halved (round down) to 3, bringing the total damage dealt to 17, leaving the thug with 3 HP remaining, an irate bouncer lying on top of him, a knife jammed into him somewhere and a -3 to almost all actions, he is fairly screwed.

(DO not worry I will write this up in the rules section as well but an example is always nice)

Now in this case the muggers (even the unstabbed one) are to busy recovering and so don't get an action this turn (you could have just walked away and they wouldn’t have stopped you, but this way I get to show off the combat rules earlier)

Unholy_Pariah:
Spoiler: Elric Johnson (click to show/hide)

"Ugh, a freaking earthquake! I knew that travel agent was a bitch."

Take cover, complain more.

{3} you cant really find any cover, but you make up for it with you ='re complaints being so colourful that I cant put them in the post

Dansmithers:
Spoiler: Genoa Tartakovsky (click to show/hide)

"An earthquake? Weird. I didn't know we could get earthquakes here," Dick says to nobody in particular.

Look around. Where exactly am I now?

You look around there are people panicking, and doing things that one realy should not during an earthquake, then you remember that Australia lacks fault lines or active volcanoes, making decent magnitude earthquakes so rare as to be almost non-existent, you are currently in the middle of the walkway heading into Parliament House.

Harry Baldman:
Spoiler: Dick O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh Crap!"

Take cover and take out notepad and pen, writing down notes on what's occuring.

{2+1} You manage to write down a very basic outline about what is going on. {4} you successfully take cover under ta parked car.

Neroselene:
Spoiler: Thomas S Hunter (click to show/hide)

________________________________________________________________________________

Erik sighed, crossed his arms, and attempted to remain standing. He'd never heard of Australia having any devastating earthquakes, but it would be fitting for them to start as soon as he arrived. Erik bowed his head and prayed while he waited for the quake to end. "God our father, who art in heaven, why dost thou fucketh with me?"

Stand, wait. If anyone actually seems to be having legitimate trouble during the quake, help them.

Spoiler: EDIT (click to show/hide)

You do not notice anyone having real trouble with the earthquake, lots of panicking, but you would have expected more property damage by now.

Draignean:
Spoiler: Erik O'Kelly (click to show/hide)

That would be great, cheers.

Anyone else notice scapheaps stats?
(What were they?)

Clair stops before thinking. Should she free the animals before the building collapse? Or will tracking them down afterward be too much. Well she couldn't live with herself if it did collapse.

Rush and free the animals at my practice

After a brief panic you decide to release the animals from you're practice {3} you stumble a bit and cant reach them just yet.

scapheap:
Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

"I hope that jack is ok" she whispered to herself

Stop the car and hope it will be over soon

You hit the break hard, then turn off the ignition, {1} unfotunately you are hit by the car behind you {4} your seatbelt protects you but your car wont be driving any time soon, you hate tailgaters

Kansa:
Spoiler: Charlotte Venture (click to show/hide)

I run for some clear open space, away from buildings or trees.

{6} you run to an open space, unfortunately a sprinkler turns on right under you, you get away before damp becomes soaked, but it was not very comfortable.

NRDL:
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

(Thanks for waiting.)

Emma was jogging along, not really much on her mind beyond the weather and whether her laundry would be dry by the time she got back to her apartment. Huh. Sidewalk's a bit crowded today, she thought to herself, noting many people outside the Parliament House: a somewhat suspicious man in a dusty trench coat, a blond man who appeared to be waiting for someone, a redheaded woman who seemed to be in a hurry, and some people who she guessed to be reporters. Maybe something important was going on today. She waved politely at the people as she passed, weaving through the crowd quite expertly.

Or at least she was until the earthquake hit. After stumbling a few steps, she registered what was going on.

Emma crouches and attempts to 'wait out' the earthquake.

{2} you attempt to crouch but just end up falling over onto your back, fortunately the ground here is soft

SeriousConcentrate:
Spoiler: Emma MacIntyre (click to show/hide)

Everyone: As suddenly as it started the earthquake ceases, then a flash of light, seemingly coming from everywhere at once. {1+1} Elric fails to retrieve his knife. After the light a wave of shimmering air seems to emanate from the Parliament House, most of those it passes over are unaffected, some however just disappear. As it reaches each one of you, you black out. {3+1} due to his distance from the epicentre, Elric has just enough time to attempt to retrieve his knife again, and succeeds. Then he too blacks out.

You all awaken in the same room, the walls are made of rough hewn stone and there are 5 pairs of bunk beds, you are all laying in one, you are currently naked, but you can easily see 10 baskets, all but one have possessions in them and reclaiming them will not be difficult.  The room has no windows and is lit by naked candles.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTD (attempt the second) (and the earth shakes)
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 08:06:53 pm »

"I quit drinking," Erik said to the bunk that had just materialized above his head. "I'm absolutely certain I quit drinking."  He decided to stay in bed for the moment. It hadn't paid to get out of bed that morning, and he wasn't about to make the same mistake now. 
   He turned his head to the left. He saw other people in bunks. He turned his head to the right. He saw more people in bunks. Oddly, he recognized a few faces from the street he'd been walking down...
    "I either have a fantastic head injury, or something very strange just happened. Is anybody else here confused and naked, or did I missing something important while I was passed out?" 

((This is a placeholder action until someone else makes a move))

((EDIT:  Because quite is not the same as quit.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:45:31 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 08:43:45 pm »

Sweet jesus that was one hell of a shanking, must have hit him in a kidney or something.
I am curious though, how does my knifeman trait come into play?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:42 pm »

Sweet jesus that was one hell of a shanking, must have hit him in a kidney or something.
I am curious though, how does my knifeman trait come into play?

your trait comes into play on the damage roll, in the case of a pocket knife, which +1 to the roll is +1 damage its fairly easy, but on a more dangerous knife ...
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:16 pm »

Okay i think i get whats going on now, combat goes agi, non-stat+traits, strength.
So my 6+1 for damage was 6+knifeman not 6+agi or str.

silently lament the flash ruining my disarming attempt and the loss of a new knife.
Inspect the contents of the baskets, try to find and wear my clothes.
Also keep an eye out for a tenth member of this group whilst watching emma with a massive grin on my face.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:33:25 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 09:32:17 pm »

Okay i think i get whats going on now, combat goes agi, non-stat+traits, strength.
So my 6+1 for damage was 6+knifeman not 6+agi or str.

Absolutely correct there

silently lament the flash ruining my disarming attempt and the loss of a new knife.
Inspect the contents of the baskets.

You did manage to get your knife back, as far as you know it is with your other possessions

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2013, 09:38:15 pm »

Operative word there is new, i was trying to take his  ;D

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2013, 09:40:26 pm »

ah ok

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: World of Myth RTD (attempt the second) Finally, PLOT
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2013, 01:36:41 am »

"What the hell..."

Quickly get down and recover clothes.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2013, 01:40:38 am »

"Well this is..."

Cover self with arms and hands and check the baskets, get my clothes if they are in there.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

neroselene

• Bay Watcher
  • Dire Bears- Making your bad situations worse
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2013, 02:03:50 am »

"I believe it's normally custom to buy drinks before we do anything like this" He speaks, still finding some time for a witty one liner.

Retrieve clothes from basket

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2013, 03:32:09 am »

"I quit drinking," Erik said to the bunk that had just materialized above his head. "I'm absolutely certain I quit drinking."  He decided to stay in bed for the moment. It hadn't paid to get out of bed that morning, and he wasn't about to make the same mistake now. 
   He turned his head to the left. He saw other people in bunks. He turned his head to the right. He saw more people in bunks. Oddly, he recognized a few faces from the street he'd been walking down...
    "I either have a fantastic head injury, or something very strange just happened. Is anybody else here confused and naked, or did I missing something important while I was passed out?" 

"I'm naked and confused as well," Dick says, sitting up in his bunk carefully, so as to not hit his head on anything. "Pretty sure I quit drinking as well, though. And that Australia doesn't have earthquakes like the one that got me here. And that the Parliament House isn't in the habit of exploding, unless Australia really is as dangerous as I heard."

He coughs.

"Come to think of it, there's a lot of things I used to be really sure about, and here I am, waking up naked in some kind of hostel with a whole bunch of strange people."

See what the possessions are. If any of them look like mine, take 'em. If pants are found, put them on.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2013, 04:31:09 am »

Charlotte blushed furiously as she realised she was stark naked and in a room full of strangers. Quickly she tried to cover herself up with her hands
"This has to be a nightmare..."

Recover clothes if they are there and get dressed
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2013, 08:47:42 am »

"Come to think of it, there's a lot of things I used to be really sure about, and here I am, waking up naked in some kind of hostel with a whole bunch of strange people."

"Well, that probably means this isn't some strange coma dream. No offense, but I don't think I'd be dreaming of you naked."
   Erik sighed, wrapped whatever coverings the bunk had around his waist for the sake of modesty, and got up. Australia, land of poisonous lizards, giant spiders, and, apparently earthquakes and giant explosions. Note to self: next time I need to get a fresh start in life, do it on Hawaii.

Temporarily clothe self with bunk covering. Then search through baskets for familiar possessions. If I find a basket with definitely female items, give it to one of them women chivalrously.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23