Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: AREA GUNIN: Idea Dump, Things I Like  (Read 15880 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: AREA GUNIN: Idea Dump, Things I Like
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2014, 11:29:37 am »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2014, 11:30:28 am »

Ok, now open fire on the trashcan.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2014, 11:36:29 am »

Ok, now open fire on the trashcan.

+1. We've got lasers, so there's no need to worry about waking up the neighbors! Although it technically is a dumpster, I suppose.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2014, 11:38:07 am »

(Whups. Ninja. Just roll with it!)

Have the squad regroup at the new position, tell Osama to spit it out.[/b]
He tells Kihari what he plans to do and she shakes her head. Do what you like. They together catch up with the team and Osama taps the corporal and explains what happened. By now everyone except Enoshi is paying attention and Ikoma considers this. We need to finish our recon, but if you really think this is important.. What are you suggesting we do, then? Ikoma is interested in Osama's opinion.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2014, 11:41:12 am »

Smack Enoshi and tell him to listen.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2014, 11:44:48 am »

Smack Enoshi and tell him to listen.
Ichihara whaps him on the side of the head and he jumps. He yells. Shit! Don't scare me like that! She giggles a bit and Ikoma shoots them both a look before turning back to Osama.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2014, 11:47:01 am »

Well, that was fun.

Ok, have her speak.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2014, 03:08:52 pm »

Ok, have her speak.
What do you mean? If you mean Kihara, Osama already told Ikoma what she felt. Ikoma thought about it, then asked Osama what he thought they should do about it. He's waiting for Osama's opinion. So decide what the squad should do next.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2014, 03:19:20 pm »

Wait for Osama's opinion. Did he even say anything? It's a little confusing. Listening to vague hunches by wise men and women among your unit is basic JSDF training. And if that just leads to nothing useful, move forth, shoot first, ask questions later. Also, invent colorful nicknames for teammates, including self, because their current names (except for Osama, whose nickname shall be Osama as well) are incredibly bland.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2014, 04:37:36 pm »

What does Osama say to Ikoma?

If you want to give them nicknames I'll put them in there.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:21 am »

I'm sorry if it's confusing, but just tell them what you want to do while using Osama as a sock puppet.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

Deal with it in a minute, get back to the recon.
Also smack Enoshi again.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2014, 03:03:33 pm »

Osama takes one hand from his gun to scratch the back of his neck. I just think we should stay on our toes is all, let's finish the recon. Ikoma nods understandingly. Alright, let's move out. He smacks Enoshi on the back of the head and he yelps. Pay attention, don't get distracted! The Private shakes his head and grumbles a bit.

They move on past the dumpsters and finish exploring the rest of the alley, finding it very unremarkable. They reach the opposite end and come out of the street on the opposite side of the building to where they parked the vehicles. Everyone is feeling a bit relaxed now that they're back out in the open, except for Ikoma. ..Where's Fumihiko? He checks his watch. That took us less than three minutes.. Come on. He waves the team to follow and they rush over to the opposite alley.

Fumihiko and his squad lie in various positions in the middle of the alley, their bodies unmoving.

---
Corporal Ikoma Masaharu
Appearance: A tall man with short-cropped black hair and constantly sporting a light shadow on his chin. Is lean, and has above average fitness. Has tireless endurance.
Personality: A courageous and forthright man. Always follows orders to the letter. Prefers to let his actions speak for him.
Inventory: Laser Spraygun 20/20, 2x E-Caps, Holdout Laser Pistol 1/1, Combat Knife

Private Enoshi Ichisake
Appearance: A bit shorter than average, but also quite stocky. Keeps his entire body cleanly shaven.
Personality: Hard-headed and practical, tends towards a blunter approach to solving his problems. Despite this, enjoys talking and planning things out before moving on.
Inventory: Laser Carbine 10/10, 2x E-Caps, Holdout Laser Pistol 1/1, Combat Knife

Private Kihara Ume
Appearance: Of average height, wears her hair long, far beyond regulation length. Her soft features and slender figure draw the eyes of envious men and women alike, and the delicacy of her movements make her blinding agility in action all the more surprising.
Personality: Very soft-spoken, always manages to sound slighted when she does open her mouth. Wears her emotions on her sleeve, and her distaste for most of the men in the company is well known. Has never been known to take much time for R&R.
Inventory: Laser Carbine 10/10, 2x E-Caps, Holdout Laser Pistol 1/1, Combat Knife

Private Ichihara Miya
Appearance: Below average height. Has unusually pale skin and mid-length brown hair. Has sharp features and very bright eyes. Always seems to be smiling.
Personality: Miya almost always has something to say, and the day she's at a loss for words is the day we all fall straight into hell. Very lazy and always shirking her duties at the base, her reliability in the field is second to none. Is believed by many in the company to have a photographic memory because of her overwhelming success at any form of gambling.

Private Ayako Kawaguchi
Appearance: Slightly above average height, with dark, wary eyes, smooth pale skin and shoulder-length black hair and bangs. Has a distressingly large nose, at least when compared to the rest of her face which is rather small.
Personality: Rather quiet and thoughtful, with a generally distracted air. She doesn't speak much unless necessary, unless she's in the company of trusted friends- and she is slow to make friends. Becomes annoyed easily, not that she shows it other than a slight agitation of movements.

Private Osama Takenaka
Appearance: Osama's dark skin and broad build indicates that his parents were not natives to Japan. Both his head and jaw are clean shaven. He is just entering middle age.
Personality: Osama always puts on a brave face, regardless of his actual feelings on the matter. Whilst he is content to follow, when pushed he tends to push back harder.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2014, 04:06:21 pm »

Carefully approach?
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »

Carefully approach?
You approach cautiously. You count six bodies and they all remain completely still as you approach.

Enoshi is brave enough to bend down and check one of them. The man lies there on his back, his eyes wide and his mouth slightly open. It's Kokan! Oh my God, I think he's dead..! He slings his rifle onto his shoulder and starts removing his gloves. Ichihara, who was checking one of the other bodies, speaks up. What's that? She's pointing at his head. Ikoma looks at her and steps over to the body. He drops down to one knee. Ikoma looks at her again and Ichihara points a bit more closely. He lifts up his head gently with both hands and examines it. ... There's a thin hole, perfectly round and about a half an inch wide, right through the top of the man's helmet. It's leaking what could only be blood, mixed with some other yellowish fluid. The others watch Ikoma draw his knife and cut the chin strap. There's a wet, sucking noise as Ikoma removes his helmet with some effort. The top of what they recognize to be Corporal Fumihiko's head is completely matted with blood. There's a hole in the top of his head. Ikoma says flatly. Ayako runs over to a different body, and another. For fuck's sake corporal, they're all like this!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:54:29 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14