Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact lead mace  (Read 569 times)

IVIaarten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifact lead mace
« on: August 05, 2013, 04:43:20 pm »

Hi all,

My weaponsmith just crafted an artifact lead mace. Since I've read that blunt weapons made of silver are pretty good because of the weight, I was wondering if this lead weapon actually has a use. Lead is pretty heavy, but also very soft, so I'm just curious :)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact lead mace
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:18:48 pm »

Stick it in a weapon trap, feed it some captured hostiles, and read the combat logs.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:15:02 pm »

Its very good.

Silver blunt weapons are considered great - because we can actually make blunt weapons from silver.

That said, I believe the order of metals 'above' silver for making blunt weapons goes lead, gold, platinum (not sure of the lead/gold order though, but platinum is said to be the best for a warhammer or mace).  Note that steel is also considered good/on par with silver for blunt weapons, particularly when you go up against armoured opponents.

So, give that lead mace to one of your macedwarves, and watch him/her crush the opposition!

Softness of metals is currently not modelled (if I remember correctly), so has no application to DF as yet.
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

IVIaarten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:51:41 am »

thanks for the replies