Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107278 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 3: And That's Why They Call Him Revolver
« Reply #660 on: December 03, 2013, 02:32:50 pm »

Cheeetars just keep being funny, even after death

Kingmaker, Kingmaker, off with his head
Sings me this song now that he is so dead
Ned Stark he claimed, his Game rots away
Sweetly so softly the mourners sashay.

Petyr oh Petyr, stretched by the noose
His head nearly off, his neck gone so loose.
No need for tears though, lets hold us a wake
Sing sweet your songs that the dead they may wake.

Baelish, Lord Baelish, now taken away
No coins left to throw, no votes may he say.
Lyncher?  What lyncher?  He went to hang
Thus ending this song that now I have sang.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 03, 2013, 02:40:14 pm »

Ode to the 'Good Lady' Scum

Jane Addams -evil-?  What mockery this?
A woman of courage, will and reform.
World peace she fought for, public health too
Suffrage, not suffering, she strived for that true.

No matter now, since Scum-dead she does be.
Scum-water Scum-smaller Scum-splatter yucky.
Social work?  Poison.  'Not me' she could say
'Murder by mercy' still agony pays.

Verily, mercy she had in her to give
But evil were all those she wanted to live
Fast did she work, slow did she shirk
But please read her posts, count all the quirks!

Did she trick someone?  Did she betray?
I don't get how this works, what could she say:
Awareness, such careness, Public Health Day
Public murder rather, try to protect and you'll slay.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »

"Tch, what's with this guy?" Quinn says, staring at the photo of a blood-covered man with a missing arm. "Did he fight off an army?"

"Nah, I bet it was a demon," says Johnny.

"Mhm, along with Elvis, right?" Sam smiles.

"Nah, get dis, so there's a few a them claw marks righ' here," Johnny points at the picture, "and ya can't tell me tha' that--" Johnny points at another picture. "--ain't no outline o' no demon."

Sam and Quinn exchange glances. Sam rolls his eyes, and Quinn laughs.

"Screw you guys." Johnny storms off.

Nerjin has been killed!

Nerjin was Revolver Ocelot (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
TheWetSheep -
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Deathsword, TheWetSheep, Toaster, notquitethere,

3 To Hammer. Day ends Tuesday 8 PM Central.

Nerjin - Revolver Ocelot
(1-Shot, Auto) Quickshot: If you are targeted by a kill action, you kill the attacker(s). You then revive.
(Day) Smooth Talk [target]: You only need one thing from the target: His vote. You steal it, granting you one additional vote and the target one fewer. Any abilities that the target has affecting votes affect your stolen one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:07:36 pm by webadict »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 4: I'm Tired, Screw You Guys
« Reply #663 on: December 06, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »

It's almost certainly LYLO, so it's time for a massclaim.

I *was* Minecraft.  I had three abilities, all of which were two-shot:

Iron Golem: A night protect.
Spawn Villager:  A day action that gave the target an additional night action.
Enchant:  A day OR night action that enhanced the abilities of the target.  The ability outright states that it only works on some people.

D1 I did nothing, having no strong leads.
N1 I protected Hapah, as claimed.
D2 I also did nothing.  I'm bad at picking town players, so this role was really a mismatch for me.
N2 I enchanted Nerjin.  I felt pretty sure at that point he was town.  That night I gained a randomize.
D3 I was considering my options when my role switched- Sheep gave me his role.  For the record, he got my randomize too.

His role claim was pretty much spot on, but for the record, my role is now BYOR 13.

Future Almanac: Night inspect.
Time Paradox:  Day action where I permanently steal a vote from the future, but it implies bad things happening when it is used.
BYOR Switcharoo:  Role switch, which is used.

N3 I inspected Shakerag again, because he was my top suspect anyway.  I got blocked, and something else happened that I'm keeping my mouth shut about until someone else claims.

Claim up, folks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 06, 2013, 11:27:32 pm »

Yup, I switched with Toaster. I'm Minecraft+randomize now.

N1: Inspect Imp, no PM result
D3: Nothing
N2: Inspect Shakerag, Mafia result
D3: Roleswitch Toaster, became Minecraft
N4: Protect Toaster, was roleblocked

There's something else, but I need to ask Webadict something first.

Interesting: Two roleblocks in one night with 6 players?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 07, 2013, 12:25:38 am »

Why'd you target who you targeted?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 07, 2013, 03:34:40 am »

Role Claim Time

Just a heads up: I'm going to an adventure games convention this weekend so I won't be able to post much until Monday.

I am Poirot - I chose Poirot because I enjoy the investigative aspect of the game and I hoped to get a role that would allow me to deductively work out the scum. Unfortunately, a combination of the role not being as useful as I'd have liked and plain bad luck has meant I've learned very little so far this game. I have three abilities:

Little Grey Cells: This is an auto ability that lets me know whether I've been redirected, blocked or randomised as it tells me the name of my eventual target if I have one.
Exactement! [target]: This is a night ability that allows me to learn one random ability of the target.
Belgium Detection [target]: This is a one shot night ability. If I successfully target a member of the Mafia, they are killed. But if I target town, they are protected instead. I guess it's supposed to mimic how novel and TV detectives are always right in the end (though I would have called it Denouement).

My game plan was to use Exactement the first few nights to see who had scummy abilities and then Belgium Detect at LYLO. Unfortunately, the first part of that plan hasn't worked at all.

N1: Exactement on The Iqovian: he was my top scumpick at that point and I wanted to know more about him. I wasn't redirected, blocked or randomised as his name came back as my target (via Little Grey Cells) but I got no results back. It didn't strike me as likely that he had no powers, so I figured something weird had happened but then he was modkilled the next day anyway.

N2: I decided to test Birdy's claim, because if I could settle that then discussion could move forward. Unfortunately I was randomised or redirected (I strongly suspect it was Imp's randomise) and I learned that Tiruin had her protecting Hull House ability. That one sounded pretty town so it's good job she was also killed that night as I probably would have ruled her as unlikely to be scum.

N3: Last night I decided to follow up on Toaster's role claim. However, I was blocked: I know this because I got no name back from using Exactement!, and Little Grey Cells would have told me a name if I'd successfully managed an inspect (as on N1).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:19 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
TheWetSheep -
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Deathsword, TheWetSheep, notquitethere,

3 To Hammer. Day ends Tuesday 8 PM Central.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 07, 2013, 11:01:28 am »

There's something else, but I need to ask Webadict something first.
OK, so I got my answer back. I tried to use my action that would allow the target to use two night actions on Toaster D3 too, but I didn't know that I could only use one action per day, never having had a role that would allow me to do that before. It didn't work.

Why'd you target who you targeted?
Inspects I've already given reasons for. For the role-switch, you were a strong player who had claimed some abilities, and I had a slight town read on you. I thought that if you were scum I would know it from your role, and if not then the town would have its inspect safe and unknown from scum. I tried to give you two actions because two inspects would be incredibly powerful in 5-person lylo. And I protected you so that you wouldn't die and lose the information.

3 roleblocks? Maybe a mass-roleblock scum ability?

Anyway, here are some interesting timestamps:

Quote from: webadict in day-start post

Quote from: Deathsword's profile
Last Active: December 06, 2013, 08:55:19 pm

Quote from: Shakerag's profile
Last Active: Today at 10:07:57 am

Busy or scum trying to decide on good fakeclaims? I guess it's the weekend, though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 07, 2013, 12:54:47 pm »

My role is the doomguy
Passive ability: I see everyone who targeted my target.
(One-shot) I can kill someone. Used N1 on Cheeetar. Shakerag actioned him, I assume with a protect.
(One-shot) I can restore all one-shot powers of another player. Not used.
(One-shot) I give another player a one-shot revive. Tried to give to shakerag N2, but was blocked. Used N3 on Toster. Did not get any message related to the passive, inquired webaddict about it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 07, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »

I got blocked, and something else happened that I'm keeping my mouth shut about until someone else claims.

(One-shot) I give another player a one-shot revive. Tried to give to shakerag N2, but was blocked. Used N3 on Toster. Did not get any message related to the passive, inquired webaddict about it.

This is what I was waiting for.

Also, somehow I lost my vote.  See its lack in the latest votecount.  I'm going to use my ability to get another, so if I blow up you know what happened.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 07, 2013, 01:45:32 pm »

Good news:  I didn't blow up or anything.  Apparently there's some sort of roll for what happens when that ability is used.  My result was pretty good, so I got a vote *and* am now inspect immune.

Sheep:
N1: Inspect Imp, no PM result
D3: Nothing
N2: Inspect Shakerag, Mafia result
D3: Roleswitch Toaster, became Minecraft
N4: Protect Toaster, was roleblocked

I think your numbers are a bit jacked up.  Remind me- did you ever use your vote ability?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 07, 2013, 03:05:21 pm »

Asked webaddict about the passive for N3. Shakerag actioned Toaster.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 07, 2013, 10:30:37 pm »

TheWetSheep
Anyway, here are some interesting timestamps:

Quote from: webadict in day-start post

Quote from: Deathsword's profile
Last Active: December 06, 2013, 08:55:19 pm

Quote from: Shakerag's profile
Last Active: Today at 10:07:57 am

Busy or scum trying to decide on good fakeclaims? I guess it's the weekend, though.
Secondly, I almost never post on weekends, and I'm busy most of the rest of the time.  Haven't we been over this before?  I try to make at least one (if not more than one) fairly substantial post per weekday.
Quit being lazy scum, TWS. 

Look at what you made me do.  I'm posting on the weekend.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
The greatest handgun ever made?
« Reply #674 on: December 07, 2013, 10:57:48 pm »

Revolver Ocelot paced the room slowly as he stared at the corpse of the demon he had killed. Smiling he pulled his revolver from its holster "I'm afraid you didn't have a chance. You see, this, this is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army. Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves. You made a poor decision coming here. I won't allow the town to die on my watch. You see, I have a plan for them. They will root out the scum from this city. Then my master plan starts. The poor fools don't even suspect me."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48