Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107479 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 1: The Beginning
« Reply #360 on: November 07, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »

[I WAS BEING DUMB]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:37:50 pm by notquitethere »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2013, 03:46:56 pm »

Don't talk at night
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2013, 03:48:04 pm »

Sh... Is night.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2013, 07:00:06 pm »

Waiting for certain people's actions... You'll have a message if it's you. If I don't get it in like 12 hours, you're doing nothing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2013, 06:45:49 pm »

Quinn shakes his head. "Nah, he's dead."

"Nonono, get this, so the CIA faked his death to keep 'im hidden. 'Cause of the mob ties, right?" Johnny pauses for a second, waiting for an answer.

Sam sighs, disappointed. "I can't believe you're goin' on about that Elvis conspiracy again?"

"See, yer not gettin' it!"

The investigation had been going on for a week. They were now searching for anything relating to a "Hoppa" Doe wanted in several states for stalking, breaking restraining orders, trespassing, and petty theft. So far, the only real lead was a birth certificate of a Hapah Perez from El Salvador, but nobody can get a lead after that.

"Anyway, all I can really get on this guy," Quinn interrupts, "is that he's a real slimeball. Stalks women, watches them through windows, yada yada yada, the guy's a creep."

"How 'bout anyone else?" Sam asks.

Johnny just shrugs his shoulders.

Hapah has been killed!

Hapah was the Creep (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
birdy51 -
Cheeetar -
Deathsword -
Imp -
Nerjin -
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
The_Iqovian -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Toaster, Shakerag, Imp, Tiruin, Cheeetar, Nerjin, birdy51, The_Iqovian, notquitethere, Deathsword, TheWetSheep,

6 To Hammer. Day ends Wednesday 8 PM Central.

Hapah - The Creep
tssssssssss…
(Auto) Creeper: Any Night action you perform on a target gives you a free track action on the target.
(Night) Stalk [target]: You stalk the target, making sure they get to their destinations a-okay, and protect them if they don’t! It’s not unhealthy at all!
(1-Shot, Night) Call In A Favor [all]: You call in a few favors from your friends. All actions performed during this Night are copied to the user.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers
« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2013, 10:16:04 pm »

I was unable to learn much last night. Through my investigations, I learned that I had a single visitor. A benevolent one at that.

Unfortunately however, that's all I have been able to learn. Which is disappointing to say the least.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2013, 11:29:18 pm »

Birdy, why do you think you haven't been targeted for any night kills?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2013, 11:32:40 pm »

Imp, how do you feel about the person whose demise you orchestrated being town?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 11, 2013, 06:32:17 am »

Alright, due to being in a superior different timezone to most of you guys, the end-day activity happened for me in the wee hours of the morning. I've read over it and I'm trying to piece together what in blue blazes was going on. Can somebody explain to me why everyone suddenly upped and jumped on TolyK? Why did you all move your votes in unison?

Nerjin— do you think your adherence to no one ever tying a vote is always pro-town? Why did you think Birdy had tied the vote?

The Iqovian— Nerjin was your top pick yesterday and you enabled him to use his double-voting power. How do you feel about Nerjin now he's revealed his Fast talk ability?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:04 am »

Jeez, I wasn't even able to be on.

Bah.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 11, 2013, 07:55:16 am »

Alright, due to being in a superior different timezone to most of you guys, the end-day activity happened for me in the wee hours of the morning. I've read over it and I'm trying to piece together what in blue blazes was going on. Can somebody explain to me why everyone suddenly upped and jumped on TolyK? Why did you all move your votes in unison?

Neither of the people who were likely to be lynched were my top picks for scum, but they'd both acted scummily in the past. However, Birdy was startingly towny in the face of his upcoming death, and (upon being asked to consider Toly as scum) I took a quick look over what he'd said and how he'd acted and I saw him as more scummy than Birdy, so I swapped my vote to him when it was sure that doing so wouldn't tie the vote.
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #371 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:41 am »

@Tiruin
Counterpoint: Why are you so easily pissable? As in, why do you need to wordify your anger? Under what purpose caused it?

Because Birdy was so much scummier than TolyK to me. My #2 pick for scum. Then all of the sudden people were just up and switching for no good reason. Cheetar even mentioned that he had barely any read on TolyK and found Birdy's vote on my highly suspicious! It just doesn't seem right. Having a case on someone [even if it's weak] and then switching for someone you had no case on at all? Plus at the time it seemed like it was tying the vote which is something that should NEVER happen Day 1. I'm interested to see your reads though and your justification for your votes.

@Cheetar

What do you expect to learn from this?

Imp, how do you feel about the person whose demise you orchestrated being town?

So when you murdered the suspect why do you think he resisted? Talk about a loaded question.

@Birdy51
I am confident I can find something over night. My role power is conducive to something like that happening. I'll vote myself if I fail to find anything.

Get to voting boy. I'll help you along, Birdy51. I am still certain that you're scum.

@NQT

Nerjin— do you think your adherence to no one ever tying a vote is always pro-town? Why did you think Birdy had tied the vote?

Yeah. What do we learn if the vote gets tied? Nothing. There's no flip, no extra intelligence gained. Just nothing. As to why I thought the vote got tied, in case you didn't notice that little mini-extension brought a LOT of changes. I didn't really have time to calmly reread I was a little busy trying to make sure scum got lynched.

I'm sure everyone wants another "Nerjin's Readstraveganza" right now but I'm honestly too busy for it right now. Maybe later. After a nice lunch.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 11, 2013, 08:52:26 am »

Likely because I had made too much of a fuss. To put it simply, I'm not an easy target.

@Birdy51
I am confident I can find something over night. My role power is conducive to something like that happening. I'll vote myself if I fail to find anything.

Get to voting boy. I'll help you along, Birdy51. I am still certain that you're scum.

I did find something, it's just that the something is not a lot to go off of. At the time, I was hoping for a more definitive result, but it's clear I missed my mark.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 11, 2013, 09:25:03 am »

Oh you're right. I'm sorry, you did find something. You found you were visited at night by someone who did... What exactly? What have you given us? "There is a role that does happy things for the target"? No. You didn't find anything you liar! Until someone steps up and says "Hey, I was the one who visited Birdy51, I did it for these reasons, and this happened." I will not believe a god damned word you say on the matter.

You did not find ANYTHING that is helpful to town. You did not find ANYTHING that you can prove. Therefore you did not find ANYTHING!

Here's how it happened. You either didn't do anything last night, did something for your scum-team, or you night killed. But I very much doubt that you investigated anything. It's incredibly easy to say "Oh, I found that I was visited last night." but here's my question how much did you learn? Did you learn anything useful? Oh... We've already covered that.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 11, 2013, 09:37:53 am »

Sorry everyone.  Got to head back home to get the last of my stuff, visit mom's grave, etc.  Won't be able to post until Wednesday.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48