Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107515 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 1: Murder At The Docks
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »

I hope you realize how I can be very busy. Anyway I was about to get around to a catch-up read. May I ask you a quick question, I don't expect you to answer until after I answer yours [as is only fair], but I'm wondering why your language in that most recent post seems so desperate. My question is this: Why are you so desperate to get people voting for me? Are we pressuring a buddy of yours?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »

I hope you realize how I can be very busy. Anyway I was about to get around to a catch-up read. May I ask you a quick question, I don't expect you to answer until after I answer yours [as is only fair], but I'm wondering why your language in that most recent post seems so desperate. My question is this: Why are you so desperate to get people voting for me? Are we pressuring a buddy of yours?

Who in this post is 'we'- are you using it in the royal form, or referring to everybody in general? Who exactly do you think you are pressuring? Why did you unvote Iqovian- did you realise how poor your reason for voting for him was, or was there anything specifically that convinced you he was innocent? Your reasons for voting Birdy, by the way, are... he didn't answer a question quickly enough for you, and he thinks Toaster is town.

So let's see what you've done here... you've unvoted a person without explaining why (although you were voting for him for very flimsy reasons in the first place), you've voted for another person without really explaining why except saying that you've stated your suspicions in a different post (and they were very flimsy suspicions), and you're replying to my posts and other people's but you're too busy to explain yourself.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »

In that case I think I'll go with my second pick. Unvote

Birdy51

The bolded words. What do they refer to? In addition, why the late extension vote nearly three hours later?

I learned this morning that I will be attending a funeral here pretty soon. Family died on Sunday and I did not hear about it until early this morning. To those paying attention to this post, count it is as a double reason for not voting. I don't think I can be fully involved in this game right now, and voting anyone right now would be a bit irresponsible.

They refer to the three way tie in votes. A lynch day 1 is better than no lynch. I'm just about as suspicious as you as I am Iquovian so I'm willing to wait until tomorrow [in game] to continue to build a case.

And my reasons for suspecting Birdy are that he dodged a question with such intensity that it set off an alarm for me. He dodged it around four or five times.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »

And my reasons for suspecting Birdy are that he dodged a question with such intensity that it set off an alarm for me. He dodged it around four or five times.

Because an innocent townie like you would never dodge a question, right? He at least answered his in the end.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:11 pm »

Are you aware of what dodging a question is? I've got a bunch of players to go through, a ton of posts to sort out, and I'm going to answer your damn questions here in a little bit. If you could please be patient I'll have your questions in a moment.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »

Are you aware of what dodging a question is? I've got a bunch of players to go through, a ton of posts to sort out, and I'm going to answer your damn questions here in a little bit. If you could please be patient I'll have your questions in a moment.

I'm not sure if you know, but the day is ending quite soon. Stop trying to get me to stop pressuring you and just answer the questions. If you're innocent, you won't have to think too hard to answer them because you don't have to worry about implicating yourself in anything, right?
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »

I'm ignoring any further discussion with you until I finish up my reads. The day is going to be extended. So if you don't like it then you can deal with it. I'll have your answers soon enough.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »

Right now we have 8 extend votes: birdy, Imp, Cheeetar, TolyK, Nerjin, Shakerag, Tiruin, Hapah, and no shortens, so we got our extend.

Time pressure exists but isn't like, a few more seconds to go.

Sorry for brevity for now, still at work and have to get back too it.  I'll get a post with answers and questions up tonight.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »

Right now we have 8 extend votes: birdy, Imp, Cheeetar, TolyK, Nerjin, Shakerag, Tiruin, Hapah, and no shortens, so we got our extend.

Time pressure exists but isn't like, a few more seconds to go.

Sorry for brevity for now, still at work and have to get back too it.  I'll get a post with answers and questions up tonight.

Alright, phew.
I've played some mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

Extend to be sure.

Doubt I'll be able to get a coherent post out tonight- early work tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:07 pm »

Birdy: You haven't responded to this post.

I know I promised more, but I really can't right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2013, 11:00:23 pm »

Only have time to answer questions I missed.

Imp
Tiruin: Why do you like me so much?  I know why I like you, but I have no idea why you like me!
..You like me? O_o Yay
I like you because of personality. I am attracted towards personality, purely. Nothing else. I see aspiration and potential in you, and the developing mind of an analytical person. Perhaps an abstract thinker who can rationalize beyond the limits of most people, argue with the greatest of philosophers, and still keep to their principles. It's a generally good thing which has no application to Mafia (..or as far as I see it anyways). Err, just like I like everyone else here because we're one big bunch of gunslinging paranoid people, at times? Yes, that.

NQT
Tiruin— if you're a benevolent third party will you be tempted to claim early again?
I don't trust people anymore for that, thanks to the backlash I got in that one game where I did. And that nobody believed me. And other vehement feelings caused by being attacked and ignored and all that in favor of the more 'powerful' enemy and all that.

No. I'd just shut up and let others die for all I care. Which would reinforce the stupid 'kill all third-parties haahahaahaha' note I was officially against. But yeah, I'll just shut up and leave you people to die in ignorance.

Yes I felt really spiteful when I wrote this.

The Iqovian, Tiruin— you guys still about? Got any read on the game yet?
I-..I...
I don't have a total read yet, but..I'm honestly busy at the moment and have been busy-of varying intervals-in the past days in order to justify getting any read. I wouldn't ask for a replacement because it would either give the replacer a harder time to get all this reads up, and I know that I got it in my to take this on.

..I'll get back to you later on. I am a horrible player.

birdy51
Now, I note that you use the word tangible in your response. This suggests that you might be actually implying the very opposite of what you are trying to say. In others, I believe that your role is intangible, something that cannot be touched. Furthermore, you related to me the fact that you are not a monster and that you are a person. What is not a monster and can't be touched? Casper the Friendly Ghost. I have you all figured out now.
...It's still a generality. I just made it more specific than 'whatever my role can be'.
Also I'm not Casper. If that was the context...I have a lot of supernatural thoughts to pick. :3

All of this attention makes me feel loved inside. ^.^ Back to business!
...Everyone loves everyone here equally. Hence them drawing knives and guns and other pointy killy things to get this game rolling. :D

Cheet
Tiruin, people have fairly high hopes for you this game, but you've yet to make a second post after your first. Do you have any thoughts on the answers to the questions you've asked?
...Yeah. Second post is here, and its only answering queries directed at me with lack of poking at posts due to busy-ness :/ Though I'm unsure on the 'high hopes' put on my shoulder. It just seems that people want to mark me either as a volatile, unstable element which is good if its Town (harmless to them[?]) or bad if scum (...come to think of it, Nerjin's question didn't put in the context of 'considering that you're of x alignment' when he asked the Top Town/Scum want-picks)...

...Well, they're declarative, and show what the person wants. Not much I can pick from those I asked since..well, it seems satisfactory enough, and that I can't think of, and find any other gain from questioning the answers set from my question since then. Well, except for Nerjin.

Everybody else, I hope you realise how scummy it is that Nerjin is just completely ignoring my questions.
...What's the difference with Nerjin being scummy here compared to me who had 'ignored' questions until now?

Nerjin
Spoiler: @Tiruin (click to show/hide)
...Will have to wait till next post.
However, here, I didn't see it until Cheet asked (due to realization) but you didn't draw any place where the answerer would put themselves in to answer your question, huh. Is there anything else you can glean from it? Because I'm seeing those answers by people now-less of a general viewpoint and more of connected to their alignments.

...It's a vague thing I can't fully explain, but I see some pattern there.

PFP:'( // :-\ // :( are my twohree predominant moods IRL and thus I believe I'll be lacking to post in quite a few hours because stuffy stuffs.
???
I'm...ok.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2013, 11:06:54 pm »

Everybody else, I hope you realise how scummy it is that Nerjin is just completely ignoring my questions.
...What's the difference with Nerjin being scummy here compared to me who had 'ignored' questions until now?

Nerjin's been around and posting, but not answering my questions, which is a way a scum could be 'active' but still try to avoid being scumhunted. You haven't been around at all, and I trust that you've been legitimately busy with real life stuff.
I've played some mafia.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2013, 11:22:13 pm »

More reads on EVERYONE!!! Again with spoilers. I’ll be summarizing my previous statements at the beginning of the spoiler. Onto the show.

Spoiler: @Birdy51 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Cheetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Deathsword (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Hapah (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Imp (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Notquitethere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Shakerag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @TheIquovian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @TheWetSheep (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: @TolyK (click to show/hide)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 05, 2013, 12:37:30 am »

Alright, let's see what we've got! I guess I'll start with the 3 vote leaders, yeah?

Spoiler: Nerjin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Birdy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Iquov (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tolyk (click to show/hide)

The only one that really looks like it might have teeth is the bits pointing at Tolyk. The others seem like forgotten RVS votes or votes to try to spur people into action.

Nerjin: Why birdy over the other 2 you were tied with? (PPE: Looks like you've detailed your reason a little more in your latest post, but I don't have the time to read it right now).

Shake: Just to make sure I've got this straight; your reasoning for voting Tolyk is contained in this post, right?

NQT:
I get what you're doing with Iq, but what's the next step if he doesn't do what you want?

Bed time now. Posting will still be spotty for the next two days, but the traveling for work should be over then. Will try to check thread as much as I can and answer questions directed at me, at least.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48