Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bonecarver won't use materials  (Read 1371 times)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bonecarver won't use materials
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »

As the title says, there is plenty of material to use but I always get a cancellation ("needs unrotten xy"). I had one of my animals slaughtered and all the stuff is still in the butcher shop, so it can't be the single-stack error. The door is unlocked, no burrows present and my bonecarver has only carving enabled. Am I missing something here?

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Bonecarver won't use materials
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:00:16 pm »

Is there stockpile assigned to workshop? If there're any, it won't go anywhere else to take stuff from. If not that and the workshop's close to the butcher's shop, then double check the bones again.

Check to see if the stuff are TSK'd, it might be tasked for hauling. If none of all of those, then it's a mystery, since cancellation says the workshop's allowed ( Both profile-wise and not forbiddened ) and there're dwarves with job set.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:07:48 pm »

Is there stockpile assigned to workshop? If there're any, it won't go anywhere else to take stuff from. If not that and the workshop's close to the butcher's shop, then double check the bones again.
I only have one refuse stockpile for remains, corpses and body parts. everything else is forbidden.

Check to see if the stuff are TSK'd, it might be tasked for hauling. If none of all of those, then it's a mystery, since cancellation says the workshop's allowed ( Both profile-wise and not forbiddened ) and there're dwarves with job set.
I don't see them as TSK'd but I even went ahead and forbid/unforbid them to make sure they are available. the job is still canceled though.

guess it's a mystery then :D

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:25:08 pm »

I only have one refuse stockpile for remains, corpses and body parts. everything else is forbidden.

You don't have, perhaps, a stone or other stockpile linked to the shop to limit what stone is used for crafts? Any linked stockpile, refuse or not, will exclude any other sources from supplying the shop.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:39:57 am »

-message redacted-
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:41:35 am by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 05:17:38 am »

You don't have, perhaps, a stone or other stockpile linked to the shop to limit what stone is used for crafts? Any linked stockpile, refuse or not, will exclude any other sources from supplying the shop.
you sir are my hero of the day!  ;D
I was planning to build a second craftsdwarf workshop just for bonecrafts later on and the first one was already linked to my stone stockpile. thanks!

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 05:35:42 am »

I was planning to build a second craftsdwarf workshop just for bonecrafts later on and the first one was already linked to my stone stockpile. thanks!

That's the first thing I checks when I know I have the material avaliable, thusly the assigned stockpile comment :D

Or should I try to remember to say linking to be more clear for others in future?

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:33 am »

That's the first thing I checks when I know I have the material avaliable, thusly the assigned stockpile comment :D

Or should I try to remember to say linking to be more clear for others in future?
oh I see what you meant now  :D
I thought that you referred to a refuse stockpile linked to the shop, so that the refuse can be stored somewhere. better add that you mean a stockpile other than refuse next time. and I add you to my list of heroes  ;)

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »

I add you to my list of heroes  ;)

I'm honored. I'll stop by to see my gold-furnished, masterfully-engraved tomb later on.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »

I add you to my list of heroes  ;)

I'm honored. I'll stop by to see my gold-furnished, masterfully-engraved tomb later on.
don't hold your breath. won't take that long if it goes as usual  ;D