Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Godslayer (Chapter II: Secrets) (TSG)  (Read 9853 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Godslayer (Chapter II: Secrets) (TSG)
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:16:27 pm »

Lore Depository:

Spoiler: People (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beasts and Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Things of note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Legendary Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Completed Quests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Events (click to show/hide)

This is the story of Malachi, former servant of the dragonling Sjek. He travels the lands, looking for Corleone to avenge his kingdom and to finish Sjek's quest.

Chapter II: Secrets
Turn I: Sjek

Turn I: Hooligans and Nobles

Turn I: Goon Fishing!

Turn I: Goblin Hunting

Turn I: Drowning of Syra

Turn I: Cellar

Turn I: Darkness

Turn I: Daemons in Rat's Clothing

Turn I: Trust

Turn II: Master

Turn II: Malachi

Chapter II: Secrets
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:45:37 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Text Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:39:42 pm »

Name: Sjek
Godfather: Corleone, Lord of Dragons.
Class: Magos
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Name: Sjek
Godfather: Corleone, Lord of Dragons. Dragon, Fire, Flight.
Class: Magos
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »

Godfather: The Godfather

I apply all my choice power to this.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »

You are Sjek, Half-Dragon progeny of Corleone the Dragon God and Maliss the Queen-Magi. You have been exiled into the Blasted Lands for disgracing your bloodline. The Dragon God has betrayed Maliss and her kingdom, setting it ablaze with his army of dragons. Your mother has done her best to stop Corleone from burning her kingdom, Maglos. She imparted with you the location of a large dungeon, called the Eye of Expio, Daemon God of Magic, and she told you of the secret that lies at the dark heart of the Eye. You have brought with you to the Blasted Lands your spelltome, your foci (something to hone you magic), and your faithful servant Malachi, a humble, ambitious young human.

It has been a month since the attack on Maglos. You and Malachi have spent much time uncovering knowledge and supplies for the Eye of Expio. You have learnt that the Eye is located up north, in the Giant's Realm, a frigid wilds of blizzards and snow predators. Giant predators. Snow leopards three times the size of the norm. You have gathered with you rations to make it halfway up north, and also a map Malachi made himself from what he has gathered from various tomes and rumors. You have procured a cheap second-hand sword from a traveler you recently saved from a pack of goblins, and a dagger for Malachi, though he has never been much of a fighter.

As you start on your way to the Giant's Realm, you happen upon a small town located on a mountain. You haven't heard of this place before, but you learn that the town is called Peaksorrow. It is quite small; there are few houses, a large building which you assume is an inn, and a big, beautiful lodge higher up, leading up to it is a flight of carved stone steps. Many plants and trees adorn the rails and fences on its borders. Malachi informs you that it must be some sort of house for a mayor or lord. You walk around for a bit, looking at the villagers. They seem scared, downtrodden, and malnourished. You see a group of men, of about five led by a fat, loud fellow wearing regal (comparatively) clothes and wielding a sword on his hilt. They enter the inn, and as you follow you see them threatening the barkeep and harassing the maids, stealing the food from the customers inside.

What do you do?

Party:

Spoiler: Sjek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malachi (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 11:58:37 pm »

Godfather: The Godfather
I apply all my choice power to this.
Way ahead of you there.

You are Sjek, Half-Dragon progeny of Corleone the Dragon God and Maliss the Queen-Magi. You have been exiled into the Blasted Lands for disgracing your bloodline. The Dragon God has betrayed Maliss and her kingdom, setting it ablaze with his army of dragons. Your mother has done her best to stop Corleone from burning her kingdom, Maglos. She imparted with you the location of a large dungeon, called the Eye of Expio, Daemon God of Magic, and she told you of the secret that lies at the dark heart of the Eye. You have brought with you to the Blasted Lands your spelltome, your foci (something to hone you magic), and your faithful servant Malachi, a humble, ambitious young human.

It has been a month since the attack on Maglos. You and Malachi have spent much time uncovering knowledge and supplies for the Eye of Expio. You have learnt that the Eye is located up north, in the Giant's Realm, a frigid wilds of blizzards and snow predators. Giant predators. Snow leopards three times the size of the norm. You have gathered with you rations to make it halfway up north, and also a map Malachi made himself from what he has gathered from various tomes and rumors. You have procured a cheap second-hand sword from a traveler you recently saved from a pack of goblins, and a dagger for Malachi, though he has never been much of a fighter.

As you start on your way to the Giant's Realm, you happen upon a small town located on a mountain. You haven't heard of this place before, but you learn that the town is called Peaksorrow. It is quite small; there are few houses, a large building which you assume is an inn, and a big, beautiful lodge higher up, leading up to it is a flight of carved stone steps. Many plants and trees adorn the rails and fences on its borders. Malachi informs you that it must be some sort of house for a mayor or lord. You walk around for a bit, looking at the villagers. They seem scared, downtrodden, and malnourished. You see a group of men, of about five led by a fat, loud fellow wearing regal (comparatively) clothes and wielding a sword on his hilt. They enter the inn, and as you follow you see them threatening the barkeep and harassing the maids, stealing the food from the customers inside.

What do you do?
Hang back a bit, look as inconspicuous as possible, send Malachi to ferret out information from this "noble." Stand ready to jump in and intervene if necessary.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:01 am »

Turn I: Hooligans and Nobles

You decide to remain vigilant, watching from a distance with your sharp eyes. You send Malachi closer to observe, hopefully they won't hurt him from his robes, indicating his rank as a royal servitor. He speaks to the noble and asks him what he is doing to his subjects. The noble laughs and explains that all are his for the taking.

"Ha! These peons owe their lives to my family! To me, Ragni Mantlebane! My great uncle, Ragnov III, freed this mountain pass from the manticore Diabos and his vile cultists! I, and my kin, have the right to repossess what these weak people take from our land!" he laughs once more, and takes a swig from an engraved flask attached to his belt. "Hey, that dagger looks nice. Let me see that, heh."

The noble reaches down to grab Malachi's dagger. Malachi calmly looks at his face, spits, and draws his dagger and slashes Ragni in the face. He falls to the ground, crying and screaming. Blood pours from his face, and as he tries to stand he slips on his blood and falls to the floor once more. His goons draw their blades and aim at Malachi. Seeing this, your wings unfurl and you dash right through the door of the inn, smashing the frame as your large body and wings collide with the wood.

You breathe a gout of flame at the goons, but the first dodges behind a table. The second takes a maiden and uses her as a shield, and the flames scar her instead. The third is disgusted at what the other goon did, and draws his blade on him. He strikes down on the second goon with his bastard sword, slicing off his other arm.  He continues to stab the goon through the stomach, then lifts him off the ground merely with his sword. He throws him across the room and the goon lands dead on a table. The fourth attacks the third with his crossbow, shooting him right in the chest. He falls on the floor. The fourth reloads for another shot, but you dispatch him by biting his arm. Your dragon venom quickly incapacitates him, and he falls backwards with his mouth frothing.

The crowd is dumbstruck, but they applaud and carry Malachi on their shoulders, cheering him on. Malachi has a confused expression on his face, and requests to be put down. He asks why they are cheering for him, and not you.

"Why are you praising me? My master Sjek was the one who saved you from those goons!"

The townsfolk look back at him with a strange look on their face, then burst out laughing. Malachi looks at you confusedly. A tall man with a muscular build steps up with a bemused face.

"Ha! You royal folk and your jokes! This mercenary cannot possibly be your master!"

All the townsfolk look and laugh with happy smiles. Then the smiles fade away as they realize through Malachi's expression that he isn't kidding.

"My master is Sjek, Son of Corleone and Maliss! He has liberated you from that fat fool! I am his servitor, Malachi. I think he deserves some respect and compensation."

The townsfolk look among themselves in confusion, then look at you and cheer! They take you into the inn and give you and Malachi some ale and hot meals, much better than he cold rations every night you eat. They drag away the bodies of the dead goons, and bring the wounded woman and the third goon who attacked the second away to the healer. He asks you to meet him there, and begs for forgiveness for what his friend did.

The innkeeper sits with you while the townsfolk eat and drink and dance, and the children outside dance on the gravelly pavement. Men, including the strong man, from earlier repair the hole and the broken door. You dine into the delicious roasted beef on your plate, warming it with steam you breathe when it gets a little cold. The innkeeper waits for you to finish, then he talks.

"I just wanted to thank you again, for freeing us from that man-child Ragni. You are free to stay in the guest room as long as you'd like! There's not much for us to give, but most of the things Ragni has taken he locks in his cellar below his manor. His family must've heard of what's happened by now. Poor kids, two of them. Ragos and Rali. I mean, that they had a father like that. They must be happy now!

I just hope they grow up to be like old Ragnov. I was just a little lad when he was around. Was a great guy. Strong too. Slew Diabos with his bare hands. Legends say that the manticore never fully died, so Ragnov built that cellar to keep that beast in. Maybe you could check that out, eh? Ha ha ha!"
the man bursts out laughing.

"Seriously though, if you want something, talk to Mali, Ragni's wife. She's a good lass. When I was living on the streets she used to give me some leftovers. She and the kids are moving out. They want to live in a smaller house, particularly the one perched on the edge of the cliff. Nice view, I hear. The old manor is probably going to be abandoned." the innkeeper leans in, looking around to see if anyone's listening.

"Heard Mali left everything in the cellar. Said she didn't want them. You could probably have them, but Mali won't set a foot in that cellar. Anyways, thanks again Sjek, and you can call me Jarvik. Give me a hoot if you need something."

Party:

Spoiler: Malachi (click to show/hide)

Quests:

Cell-ing Out [Talk to Mali]

Goon, baby, goon [Talk to the injured goon]
Dying of laughter?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 05:49:26 am »

Thank inkeeper for the information.
Check on injured woman, talk to injured goon. Talk to the healer while we're there.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 05:52:00 am »

Check on injured woman, talk to injured goon. Talk to the healer while we're there.

Yeah!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 06:03:13 am »

Yeah!
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Goon Fishing!)
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 06:34:04 am »

Turn I: Goon Fishing!

You thank Jarvik for the hospitality, and you tell him that you are headed to see the injured woman. He tells you that the healer's shack is down by the waterfall. There's a path leading to her shack, shoddy and unpaved, but it will lead you there.

"The healer's called Luri, nice woman. She might be strange at times, but trust me, she's just like a grandmother! Oh, and when you get there, give these flowers to Keph for me. And this bag of coins, that's her payment as a waitress. Tell her I said hi, will ya lad?"

With that you head outside with Malachi. It's getting dark, and the sun sets over the horizon. It's a beautiful up on this mountain. It isn't like the ones dragons reside in, bleak, bones littered everywhere with ash-pocked snow. This mountain is green, with life and civilization. The forest below seems enchanted, with birds flying everywhere.

You give Malachi some gold that a townsman gave you to go buy some supplies for the trip. He goes into the marketplace to buy some things. You then proceed down the mountain steps and descend halfway down, where you find a narrow, old path. At the end of it, you see a shack next to some trees and a river. You approach it and enter. Inside you see Keph and the injured goon on tables made of cloth and supported by a log under each. Keph is still asleep, and her face is wrapped in bandages. The goon is awake, his arm in a sling.

"Hello, dragon. First I'd like to say I'm sorry. You know, for trying to hurt your friend. My "friend", I'd like to say sorry for him too. He's a bit cowardly." he looks down, his face saddened. "Look, I only joined Ragni and his band of misfits because he took everything me and my sister had. Who's my sister you ask? Look to my left. I snapped when that idiot Kroe stabbed her. My plan was to get close to Ragni and make him pay. Fool's plan, I guess.

The healer, Luri, said that your dragon fire can't be healed without some special herbs. Dragonsbane, I think she said. She went down to the forest enclave to the elves to get some. I don't trust those midget misfits, but I heard she's good friends with them. Anyways, I'm afraid she'll take too long, and I've heard that dragonsbane grows at the bottom of the lake. I'd go with you, but,"
he moves his  broken arm. "All you got to do is rip the weed off from beneath the lake and bring it back here. Don't worry, it won't hurt you since you aren't fully a dragon. Please, you've got to help her! I can't offer anything in return, but please!

I've got to be honest though. The reason Luri doesn't collect the dragonsbane from this lake is because of the mermaid living in the bottom. She's called Syra. A real ancient beast, nearly the size of three men. She lives alone. Most mermaids hunt together, but Syra's different. She don't hunt, she eats the scraps Ragni used to feed her, and she's scarier and bigger than most, which I think why she grows the dragonsbane there. We've got no idea how she got up here, but whoever did is probably gone by now. Most of the beasties here, like Diabos, have been around for nearly six generations.

Well, I hope you still try to help. And you won't be just helping her, you'd be helping the whole town by taking away her dragonsbane. In a matter of time, she'll probably starve! Oh, before I forget, I'm Kaphio. I pretended to be a drunkard called Broggard while I was working for Ragni. Please help us, and please be quick!"

Party:

Quests:

Goon, baby, goon [Started] [Find the dragonsbane and bring it to Kaphio.] [Bonus: Kill Syra]
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 06:42:17 am »

Ask what Ragni used to feed Syra. Find Malachi and buy some food that Syra is likely used to eating. Travel to the lake, and  offer the food to Syra in exchange for a sprig of Dragonsbane.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 07:08:32 am »

What do we know about mermaids?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 07:23:17 am »

What do we know about mermaids?

You ask Kaphio for more about Syra and the mermaids. He can't tell you much more than he has. He thinks that some of the older townsfolk might know.

"Sorry I can't tell you more. Some of the older folks might have seen her, or at least know more about her than me. Go ask Thrud. He's the wiseman of our village. Some say he's nearly 90! He should have at least seen Syra.

Oh, and one time, Ragni invited a captain over for dinner. I was standing guard. I overheard them joking about mermaids. I heard that mermaids are hurt by candlelight. Even if they can't see it, they'll feel the pain if they get close. Don't know why. Also, mermaids go crazy for flesh, but if they can't have them, they'll suffice for seasoned squid. They're hard to find up here though, well, since, we're on a mountain and all.

You could get one from down below, but there won't be enough time to get to the elves's docks and back! They're also attracted to young men. I'd go, I'm still handsome even in rags! Hahah!"

By the way, I've updated the OP. Does anyone know how to anchor a specific post inside the OP? Like the url code, but instead of a page it goes to a specific post?
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godslayer (Turn I: Goon Fishing!)
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 07:43:03 am »

Ask if it specifically has to be humanoid flesh, or if random wildlife will suffice. Also, ask if goblins or the like would be likely to work. If he says yes, let's get Malachi and have him inquire about goblins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5