Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Destroyed Filled Coffins.  (Read 912 times)

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Destroyed Filled Coffins.
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:24:23 pm »

If I have a coffin filled room and I drop the room into the magma sea, will the dead dwarves inside eventually ghost? Or is it a once tombed always tombed thing?

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Destroyed Filled Coffins.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »

Let us know.
Thanks in advance :)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:39 pm »

They will be ghosts, same thing happens with necromancer resurrecting them out of their coffins. Of course, if dwarf is ancient and beyond age of natural death, they won't become ghosts.

Stock up on some slabs, friend :D

scionkirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 04:18:25 pm »

Similar problem - accidentally placed an artifact coffin in a row of coffins, and before I realized it, someone hauled it over and buried a farmer in it.  Now my Count is furious that someone has a better tomb than his despite a dozen gold statues surrounding his gold sarcophagus.  It tried to remove or deconstruct the artifact coffin, and something happened, but the coffin is still there and can't be selected.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:12 pm »

It's probably just laying on the floor and the farmer corpse has been hauled away to another masterful sarcophagus.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science