Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who killed the Dragon?  (Read 735 times)

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Who killed the Dragon?
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:52:08 pm »

hey all I just had a major screw up. I left the front gate open (oops!) after reports of a dragon came in. I was gathering my military and calling in civilians and simply forgot to close the front door lol. The dragon got pretty messed up coming through my weapon traps. This is a good thing because I was holding out for better metals for my melee dwarves (only found copper, was in process of melting imported steel toys), so my melee dwarves were literally biting the dragon. Stupid marksdwarves ran right up to the damned thing and beat on it with their crossbows instead of using the iron and steel bolts. Anywho, my military was decimated but the dragon was slain. How do I find out who killed it? There are two dwarves left alive, my Captain of the Guard, who is using an artifact crossbow (like a baseball bat, the idiot) and some peon hammerless hammerdwarf. none of my dwarves show the dragon in their kill list.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Elayne Boosler

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Who killed the Dragon?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »

It's likely the dragon bled out with last strike being the trap or someone that's dead. Have you checked all the weapons involved? I don't know if there're a way to look at post-death profile and kill list.

Forker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »

You can press "r' and look at the combat report for the dragon, that should let you know.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:50 pm »

ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 02:54:24 pm »

must have been a stupid wooden spike ball  :( oh well thanks for the info!
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Elayne Boosler

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:12:49 pm »

also the ai is bugged and that ordering a marksdwarf to kill something results them going on a hammering spree instead of shooting. to get around this you station them

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 03:16:51 pm »

also the ai is bugged and that ordering a marksdwarf to kill something results them going on a hammering spree instead of shooting. to get around this you station them

I've ordered kills by my marksdwarf squads and I know they've shot at things, particularly when I've armored the hunters and manually tell them to go kill things.  Now, once they're out of ammo, I agree with you, but they'll shoot until then.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »

I've ordered kills by my marksdwarf squads and I know they've shot at things, particularly when I've armored the hunters and manually tell them to go kill things.  Now, once they're out of ammo, I agree with you, but they'll shoot until then.

They occasionally charges at enemies even with quiver full of bolts before they comes into melee range. I suspect it's something to do with relatively high hammerdwarf skill to markdwarf skill, but otherwise, yeah they shoots until they're out and charges in.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 03:55:32 pm »

Engrave a slab for the dragon, it will say how it died.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

grody311

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 11:09:06 pm »

^^ ding

Juxtap0se

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 08:17:19 am »

I already scrapped the embark. the dragon did too much collateral damage (not to mention the massacre) and I didn't want to rebuild. Wasn't worth it without metals because I knew it would probably just happen again.
This is brilliant!
Elayne Boosler

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 02:53:05 pm »

Legends mode, filter on string, type in dragons name, hit enter, scroll down to the last entry of things that the dragon did. Should say what he died from.