Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39803 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #510 on: September 08, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

((Level up: Mind+5, Elemental Magic+5, and do I get to choose a new element now or later? Because if now I'll choose Earth. [I want to add stoneskin-type things to my transformations :P]))

"I like him better." she says simply, giving Harvey a long and creeped-out look as he hugs his rock.  Looking up at her new guard, she shrugs.  He seems a bit more stable and less likely to break out in moleman fits or name his weapons, and stability is what this whole place lacked. 
((The former CAT TORTURER is considered the most stable member of the team?? Fuckbiscuits))

Terry un-fleshblobs himself and then turns to ask Lilia if she still has that key she grabbed.
"I'm pretty sure that key was for that mansion place. Y'know the one with the walls that shifted? Could contain our artifact, seeing as its pretty much impossible to get into without the key."
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 08, 2013, 05:46:32 pm »

"He has it," Lilia replies, pointing at Harvey, then looking at Terry expectantly.  Negotiation was not part of Lilia's job description.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:48:20 pm by Lalasa »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 08, 2013, 06:03:49 pm »

((Level up: Agilty +3, Mind +2, Guns +2, Adept Magic +3))

Eleanor pulled herself slowly to her feet still visibly shaken from what had just happened. A smile formed on her face however as she looked around, they had done it they were still alive. She barely noticed Harvey's crazy ranting as she just felt so happy to be alive. Her smile faded though as she laid eyes on the church, they still had a job to do. Finding the artefact and even though it didn't seem that hopeful now try and find that poor girl's mother as well.

Eleanor retrived her gun and then headed into the church with Harvey
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:19:12 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 08, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »

Terry shimmies over to Harvey and asks him if he can have the key, for key things.

"I DESIRE YOUR KEY! GIVE KEY PLEASE. FOR MISSION ACCOMPLISHING."

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 08, 2013, 08:06:49 pm »

Once I check down here, every time I let you lot run off alone something bad happens.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 08, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »

Once I check down here, every time I let you lot run off alone something bad happens.
Hey, I'm not running off alone.
I'm taking your crush with me.
Also I'm the only other member of the team who has done....anything aside from panic in combat.
I'll be fine...ish.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2013, 04:34:49 am »

"Right.... When I get back."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2013, 01:45:39 pm »

((Five points between both categories or five points for each category?))

"Right, so, wyrm's gone, people. Like, totally."

Possibly partial level-up: +1 Guns, +4 Adept Magic, +1 Agility, +4 Mind. Extend mind toward the orange things, try to determine their properties.
You extend your mind towards them. Even from a distance, you can feel their power. [adept=4+1] You feel traces of evil on the surface, but it is not the artifact itself that is evil, more like it was handled by an evil person. You can't seem to penetrate the artifact's surface, but it feels as if there is an entity struggling inside.

As you pull back your senses and regain the use of your eyes, you see that the cubes are glowing much more strongly now. It seems you've activated them, somehow.

Harvey takes the rock and hugs it like a baby.

"ROCKYYYYYYYYY. I name you rocky the rock!!!!"
(( I have big plans for my pal rocky.

Go look inside the church, see if the way down is intact.

(( We still need the artifact right? ))
((Level up: Agilty +3, Mind +2, Guns +2, Adept Magic +3))

Eleanor pulled herself slowly to her feet still visibly shaken from what had just happened. A smile formed on her face however as she looked around, they had done it they were still alive. She barely noticed Harvey's crazy ranting as she just felt so happy to be alive. Her smile faded though as she laid eyes on the church, they still had a job to do. Finding the artefact and even though it didn't seem that hopeful now try and find that poor girl's mother as well.

Eleanor retrived her gun and then headed into the church with Harvey
You both head towards the church, passing the now strongly glowing cubes on your way. Once there, you see that there isn't much left of the church but a pile of rubble. Two explosions and a giant worm monster will do that to ancient architecture. Getting to the hatch would take ages of clearing rubble.

((Level up: Mind+5, Elemental Magic+5, and do I get to choose a new element now or later? Because if now I'll choose Earth. [I want to add stoneskin-type things to my transformations :P]))

"I like him better." she says simply, giving Harvey a long and creeped-out look as he hugs his rock.  Looking up at her new guard, she shrugs.  He seems a bit more stable and less likely to break out in moleman fits or name his weapons, and stability is what this whole place lacked. 
((The former CAT TORTURER is considered the most stable member of the team?? Fuckbiscuits))

Terry un-fleshblobs himself and then turns to ask Lilia if she still has that key she grabbed.
"I'm pretty sure that key was for that mansion place. Y'know the one with the walls that shifted? Could contain our artifact, seeing as its pretty much impossible to get into without the key."
You unblob, and pester people for the key. You do not get said key. This makes you sad.
LEVEL UP!  +1 to Mind, +2 to Endurance, +2 to Perception.  +5 to Adept Magic.

Lilia could no longer decide if Harvey was polite, a jerk, insane, childish, or simply completely and utterly unpredictable and she was tired of trying to figure it out. This seems to shake her a bit from her apathy and she makes the conscious decision to hang around by Terry.

Without another word, Lilia seems to assimilate with Terry's shadow.  If he goes into the church, she'll quietly follow.  If he makes a protest, she'll tag after him anyway.  As much as separating from the entire group would appeal since everyone acts mostly crazy, the incident with the bloated key corpse suggested that solo missions weren't the best way to preserve oneself, and suicide wasn't first on her agenda yet.
You follow Terry, pestering people for a key. He does not get his key. You are fine with this.

The cubes are now sitting there, pulsating with an orange light.

The spectres seem to departing. Many go to a certain place or have a brief chat with a fellow spectre. Then they just vanish.

((@patrick. Yes, If level ups continue'd like this it would stack up rather fast. However, enemies will be becoming stronger and the next levelup will have less points. Diminishing returns, if you will. Also, I may have looked over it, but I didn't find your levelup?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2013, 01:56:33 pm »

(( I ain't done it yet, I'll do it in about 2 houra.

Carving the stone into something else is strength right. I just wanna double check. Working from a phone until tonight so it's a pain to look back. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2013, 01:58:25 pm »

((yeah, It'll be stenght))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »

K I'll get my levels up tonight once I can check my details.

Go towards the mansion, look for any more rocks like rocky and use the key to get in.

+1 to agility +4 to strength +5 to melee.   Throwing weapons come under agility right? Or are they misc?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:22:09 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »

K I'll get my levels up tonight once I can check my details.

Go towards the mansion, look for any more rocks like rocky and use the key to get in.

+1 to agility +4 to strength +5 to melee.   Throwing weapons come under agility right? Or are they misc?
"WELL GUESS WHO'S GETTING HIS WAY NOW! ITS TERRY. TERRY THE KEYMASTER. DESPITE LACK OF KEYS.
Also has anyone noticed the glowy bits that are the same color as my speech?"

((And thus the quest to be heralded as weirdest team member continues. By starting the quest to be heralded as Terry the Keymaster. Who knows no fourth wall too solid to break.))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2013, 03:44:00 pm »

(( I'm already the weirdest team member, I'm just rolling with it. A semi deranged, psychopathic baseball super star with a thing for blunt force trauma and splitting heads. Nothing wrong with that right? I mean it is the end of the world. But Rocky is getting turned into a pair of knuckle dusters and I'm going to hopefully put the blades of my 2 knives on them as well. Punch somebody with an inch of sharp blade digging into them before the blunt force strikes home.

Anyway :P if it wasn't for Harvey you'd all still be trying to work out how to get down to the underground town, every team should have a deranged nutcase. It makes things fun.))
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »

"If I'm not completely wrong, I'm guessing that those orange things are at the very least related to what we're here for."

Grab those orange things - they are probably valuable or at least necessary for some purpose.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »

"If I'm not completely wrong, I'm guessing that those orange things are at the very least related to what we're here for."

Grab those orange things - they are probably valuable or at least necessary for some purpose.
((Said purpose quite possibly being "encasing you in orange gooey death" :P))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39