Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39808 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »

((On an note unrelated to the IC, I think I may have shot myself in the foot by using such a complicated system for this. Also by making this so character driven I'm afraid I don't really know what I'd do if any of you actually died. That and I keep messing up the pacing for this.  I've already got a simpler RTD planned for one of these days, but I'm not sure what to do with this one, as it kinda feels like it's a boring failure. What do you guys think?))
((I think I'm tired of good RTDs that I'm in giving up right when things get interesting  >:())
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2013, 08:15:34 pm »

((I think I'd be sad if this RTD gave up.  It's one of the few I'm in that are active anymore, and I was liking it.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 08, 2013, 02:37:36 am »

((Keep doing this one - it's actually quite good, I would say. And now that the first mission's over, things are likely to improve significantly.

Also, what do the level-ups mean?))

"So... guess that thing's secret weakness was explosives, huh?"

Try to detect evil in the nearby area, particularly focusing on the big rectangle-thing. Ignore potentially evil teammates.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:03:07 am by Harry Baldman »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 08, 2013, 04:29:21 am »

(( I think it's going pretty well, it's been funny now that Harvey has gone from being insulted and attacked to being asked for help.
I'm starting to think he should have been a baseball player though.

This kinda thing is kinda normal though you need slow moments to let people catch up with whats going on. ))

Harvey turns and bows to the group.

" And that good people, is how you kill a monster. "

Search the area for, you guessed it, WEAPONS!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:33:40 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 08, 2013, 04:32:09 am »

((Yeah I'm having fun it would be a shame if it ended))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 08, 2013, 08:38:38 am »

((All right, as long as you guys are having fun, that's all that really matters. And level-ups are 5points for both stats and skills you get to spend.))

((Keep doing this one - it's actually quite good, I would say. And now that the first mission's over, things are likely to improve significantly.

Also, what do the level-ups mean?))

"So... guess that thing's secret weakness was explosives, huh?"

Try to detect evil in the nearby area, particularly focusing on the big rectangle-thing. Ignore potentially evil teammates.
You extend your senses and try to detect evil, but it seems to be gone. Even the big rectangle is now silent, smoke coming from holes in the stones. The two orange cubes give you mixed readings however. They're definately magical.

(( I think it's going pretty well, it's been funny now that Harvey has gone from being insulted and attacked to being asked for help.
I'm starting to think he should have been a baseball player though.

This kinda thing is kinda normal though you need slow moments to let people catch up with whats going on. ))

Harvey turns and bows to the group.

" And that good people, is how you kill a monster. "

Search the area for, you guessed it, WEAPONS!!!!!
You search for weapons. [isthereaweapon?=6] You find the most beautiful rock you've ever seen. It's rough with sharp edges and almost as big as your head. It's grey surface is dull but somehow quite pleasing to the eye. This is the rock, the rock of your destiny!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 08, 2013, 09:08:31 am »

((Five points between both categories or five points for each category?))

"Right, so, wyrm's gone, people. Like, totally."

Possibly partial level-up: +1 Guns, +4 Adept Magic, +1 Agility, +4 Mind. Extend mind toward the orange things, try to determine their properties.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:21:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2013, 09:19:36 am »

Harvey takes the rock and hugs it like a baby.

"ROCKYYYYYYYYY. I name you rocky the rock!!!!"
(( I have big plans for my pal rocky.

Go look inside the church, see if the way down is intact.

(( We still need the artifact right? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:25 am »

((When do we improve stats?  Here or at base?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 08, 2013, 01:17:46 pm »

((Stats can be improved now, and its 5 points in each category. So 5 points for stats and 5 points in skills, for 10 points total.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 08, 2013, 01:27:35 pm »

(( Won't that stack up a little fast? Unless enemy bosses will get bonusses as well and minions take more of a beating, ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 08, 2013, 01:41:58 pm »

LEVEL UP!  +1 to Mind, +2 to Endurance, +2 to Perception.  +5 to Adept Magic.

Lilia could no longer decide if Harvey was polite, a jerk, insane, childish, or simply completely and utterly unpredictable and she was tired of trying to figure it out. This seems to shake her a bit from her apathy and she makes the conscious decision to hang around by Terry.

"I like him better." she says simply, giving Harvey a long and creeped-out look as he hugs his rock.  Looking up at her new guard, she shrugs.  He seems a bit more stable and less likely to break out in moleman fits or name his weapons, and stability is what this whole place lacked. 

Without another word, Lilia seems to assimilate with Terry's shadow.  If he goes into the church, she'll quietly follow.  If he makes a protest, she'll tag after him anyway.  As much as separating from the entire group would appeal since everyone acts mostly crazy, the incident with the bloated key corpse suggested that solo missions weren't the best way to preserve oneself, and suicide wasn't first on her agenda yet.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2013, 02:14:39 pm »

(( Lol this is the thanks I get for helping you. Hey boss, what skill would I need for stone working? I think strength but thought I should check. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 08, 2013, 02:37:53 pm »

((Yeah, something that large will probably use Strength))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 08, 2013, 02:43:01 pm »

((Carving it into something else lol not throwing it. Harvey needs a hobby. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39