Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39863 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #465 on: September 03, 2013, 06:57:09 pm »

(( I'm trying to foster teamwork by asking for help, plus I had a point, we need to get inside that church so barricading it doesn't really help. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 03, 2013, 07:09:00 pm »

(( I'm trying to foster teamwork by asking for help, plus I had a point, we need to get inside that church so barricading it doesn't really help. ))

((You do have a point, but our group is 80% squishy wizards, and two of those have no real ability to do teh combats. So it makes sense to get everyone out of the line of fire so to speak. We'll obviously go back down once the wyrmlings are dealt with, but as of right now fighting defensively makes sense. Remember, we aren't running away, we're advancing toward future victory! Or something.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 03, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »

Eleanor stayed around Terry as she waited to see what the outcome of the plan would be
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2013, 07:57:06 pm »

(( Doesn't really work, we have no idea how many of them are down here and we don't even know if physical damage will kill the creatures controlling them. Which is the main reason for the grenade. If this doesn't kill them I'm out of ideas and it's time for you squishy people to do something useful.

You realize we've killed 4 enemies so far and 3 of them were me. The outcast is doing all the work. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 03, 2013, 08:04:43 pm »

(( Doesn't really work, we have no idea how many of them are down here and we don't even know if physical damage will kill the creatures controlling them. Which is the main reason for the grenade. If this doesn't kill them I'm out of ideas and it's time for you squishy people to do something useful.

You realize we've killed 4 enemies so far and 3 of them were me. The outcast is doing all the work. ))
((Having no idea how many there are is all the more reason not to blindly charge into them. I'm not suggesting we not fight them, I'm suggesting we fight them on our terms. And If grenades don't work I'm also out of ideas, since the only combat magic we have is my shapeshifting, my air magic, and Lilias TK. I don't really see what any of those could do that a grenade couldn't.
Also I realize you are the one who has done everything so far :P and don't consider yourself an outcast, I know we were calling you a stalker and such, but we were just teasing you. And to be honest Lalasa now seems to be roleplaying Lilia into your arms so to speak  ;D))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 03, 2013, 08:09:21 pm »

(( I was joking, mostly. But Harvey is getting tired, keep an eye out for anything weapon like. I can use it later to make something more useful once were back to base when I finish mashing monster heads with Manfred the mace and Harry the hatchet. Yes, Harvey names his weapons. ))
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 03, 2013, 08:20:47 pm »

(( I was joking, mostly. But Harvey is getting tired, keep an eye out for anything weapon like. I can use it later to make something more useful once were back to base when I finish mashing monster heads with Manfred the mace and Harry the hatchet. Yes, Harvey names his weapons. ))
((Does he tuck them in at night before he goes to bed? :P
Also that means a LOT of names.))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 03, 2013, 08:23:17 pm »

(( Only weapons he's killed people with, so only those 2 for now.

Of course not, that'd be creepy. He cuddles them like very lethal teddy bears. Harvey isn't insane you know!!!! ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:21 pm »

((She's only in Harvey's arms because she's emotionally dead.  It's like trying to interact with a mannequin.  If Terry was the one that helped her up, she'd be following him around instead.

Also Harvey's no outcast.  If anything, Lilia is much better qualified.
I agree now that making a barricade is redundant since we're dead set on blowing the whole place up anyway.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 03, 2013, 08:52:02 pm »

(( Well blowing stuff up is guaranteed to fix any problem. All you need is a big enough bomb. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 04, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »

Harvey rejoins the group and nudges Lilia before showing her the bomb.

" If this looks like it's not going to reach the church door give it a shove with your gift ok? You don't want it to go off near us. "

Harvey rejoins the group, when the door is about to fail he throws a grenade/bomb at the church doors then ducks for cover.

" Watch out people this is gonna be messy. "

(( Seriously watch out, this ain't a normal grenade. It's roughly grenade shaped but it's full of C4. So the blast radius is a lot bigger then a grenade. Is anybody else having old movie flash backs of ghosts endlessly reliving the last actions they took before they died? This is reminding me of a movie though I can't place the name of the ghosts endlessly reliving a doomed last stand hoping for a better outcome. ))
The wooden bit holding the door closed finally gives away after about 5 solid minutes. The doors are pushed open with great force and the first drones start coming out. You [Agi=6] wind up your throw like a professional baseball player. You thorw it with all the force you've got, hitting one of the drones right in the face. This send the drone tumbling back, falling over in the middle of the two doors. The grenade explodes before he can get back up, taking it, 3 other drones and most of the front of the church with it. You all cover your heads against the flying pieces of stone and wood.  luckely noeone gets hit by anything and you get back up to look at your work. The entire front half of the church is pretty much gone, and nothing really remains of the 4 drones.

"Okay, so there's... pans around here. Good to know. Yeah."

Grab pan, keep looking for explosive things or fireworks.
You grab the cast iron pan and look for explosive things [mind=5] Maybe you can get something from the kitchens. You go back to the restaurant and head for the kitchens. You look around for a bit, [Per=4] and stumble across the storage room, which has 2 rather large tanks of propane. That could make a bang.

Lilia is already busy preparing the magic.  Her few moments of outgoing nature were crushed, and she was eerily silent, barely even twitching in response to orders anyone gave.  Closing herself off, she put distance between herself and everything else.  To be a part of it was something she couldn't stand anymore, so if she needed to do something, she felt no need to accompany it with unneeded bravado.

With little better to do, she'll simply go along with Harvey's bomb plan and help punt the things at the monsters once the door breaks.  Giving Harvey a single forlorn glance, she cares little if its enough to let him know she heard him.  Being completely numb didn't motivate the girl to participate in the activity of communication any more than she needed to.  It was bothersome to begin with and now it was even more difficult.

((BECAUSE THERE IS NO TEAMWORK HEREEEE~*shot*))
You stand ready, but Harveys throw is so spot on that you pretty much don't have to do anything.

((y'know what I just realized? Our characters just got plopped down in the wilderness. If any of us had actually wanted to, we coulda ran for the hills and started a normal life somewhere XD))

Terry continues ushering everyone to get behind Lilias proposed barricade, afterword he tries to catch his breath so he can transform again if the grenades aren't fully successful.
You close your eyes and control your breathing for a moment. Those big transformations really take a lot of work. They also make you kinda thirsty, for some reason.

Eleanor stayed around Terry as she waited to see what the outcome of the plan would be
You stay around Terry, who starts out panting heavily but gradually calms down. The plan went rather well, the entire front of the church is no more. It has ceased to be. It has gone to meet its maker.

You all stand there, basking in the afterglow of a succesfull explosion. After a few second however the rubble start to move and drones start pouring out of the hatch once more, undeterred. As the first reach the place where the doors used to be, one gets hit by a spectral arrow. You look to your sides, and see some of the ghosts taking aim with bows. Others are advancing with sword or axe in hand. In a few moments, chaos erupts. Arrows are flying out, occasionally hitting a drone. Some spectres are hacking away the drones and other have even fallen back on punching the drones with their bare hands. One spectre is grabbed by behind by a drone and dragged to the ground, he thrashes and screams silently while the drones start ripping him to shreds. About six drones are coming towards where are team is standing, the spectres too busy to keep them at bay. The low rumbling sound sounds once more, much closer now. Something is coming.

((That concludes our investigation/talking tutorial where I went relatively easy so you could get a hang of the mechanics/how I run things. From now on I'll try to maybe tone down the action-free parts, because I get the feeling that I didn't get the pacing quite right and some of were getting a little bored. So, fight on, it's just begun.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 04, 2013, 04:36:56 pm »

Harvey grins at the chaos.

" This is gonna be fun. "

Place myself between Lilia and the enemies.

Harvey nudges Lilia.

" Hey hunni? Lots of rubble around. Feel like making it beat a few drones to death? I'm good but I'd rather not face 6 of them at once. "
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 04, 2013, 06:18:26 pm »

More of them, more of them, more of them, more of them!
Forgetting about the strange new specters, Lilia could only concentrate on them.  Ugly, twisted, sick beings that existed to destroy and almost destroyed her.  Useless, vile, disgusting things.  Having completely ignored the blast of the explosion, the rubble seemed perfectly natural, as if it had simply grown out of the earth that way.  She'll simply pick them up a little and plant them on some drones' heads.  Easy.

Lilia begins to charge up magic in order to pick up multiple medium-sized rocks and fling them like deadly torpedoes into the incoming drones.  If possible, she aims for their heads.  If that somehow fails, she'll try picking up one of the drones themselves mentally and use it to knock the rest down like bowling pins.

If she heard Harvey, she gave no indication of it.  He wasn't important right now so energy couldn't be spared on pleasantries.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 05, 2013, 06:21:16 am »

"Welp, Lilias traumatized, Eleanor is just kinda there and I have no idea where Joy is. THIS. DAY. SUCKS!"
Terry uses his air magic to blast away any wyrmlings that get too close to the group.

((I really hope Harvey is planning to do more then stand in between the monsters and his crush. We kinda need the help of Manfred and Harry. :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 05, 2013, 08:15:26 am »

Place one propane tank in the hole, keep the other one outside. Go down into the hole and take a look at what seems to be happening.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39