Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39851 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #450 on: September 01, 2013, 07:55:23 am »

De-transform and get everyone into one general group, then try and figure out if the ghosts are friendlies or hostiles.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 01, 2013, 07:58:31 am »

(( If there hostile were screwed. But I need to check the church and Lilia is following me so to make a group you'd have to follow me. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 01, 2013, 10:52:11 am »

Eleanor quickly backed away from the door and headed towards Terry
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 03, 2013, 01:05:51 pm »

Holy mother of--!
Realizing how close she had come to getting bitten or worse by that, Lilia unsteadily lurches about for a bit after being picked up by Harvey then slowly begins to cry, silent tears of terror dripping down her face, quite the contrast to her reaction a few moments before.  Forgetting her earlier animosity, she chooses instead to toddle behind Harvey and clutch at his sleeve, looking quite a bit like a very spooked child.

"IwanttogohomeIwanttogohooomeIwanttogohomewhy...!"

Lilia hangs around Harvey with the lack of a drive to do much else.  Despite the lack of a wind, she resembles a leaf quite well at the moment and seems to be getting quieter every moment, as if the panic had completely destroyed her will to speak.
You stand there as Harvey tries to calm you down. He leaves for the church, and you're joined by Terry and Eleanor.

Harvey looks at her worriedly for a moment expecting to get hit or thrown again then sighs and tucks his weapons into his belt before hugging her to his chest and stroking her hair soothingly trying to calm her.

" Calm down hunni your fine now it's gone and I promise you it ain't getting back up. More of those things like shaky are coming hunni I'm gonna need my arms. Just stay nearby to me and for the love of god don't try shooting anything ok? I'll make sure nothing happens to you."

Harvey lets go of her and heads back towards the church lifting his hatchet and mace again and checking to make sure Lilia is staying close to him.

Harvey picks up the key from the body and tucks it into his pocket for later then heads towards the church to peer through the key hole and see how many monsters are inside while checking on the grenades he was given earlier.

" Get away from the church everyone this is gonna be messy and you don't wanna bee in the splash zone, Lilia please try to focus in a minute I might need you to help me with that gift of yours ok? "
You pick up the key from ugly's mush. It's a nicely polished brass key, rather heavy and with some nice designs on it. You pocket it for later use. You then go towards the church, rummaging inside your pockets. You find the two explosives Morgan gave you, Two balls of some white doughy material with electronic detonators on top. When you arrive at the church, you can hear the drones pounding the door. It shakes every time it's hit and doesn't look like it will hold out much longer.

De-transform and get everyone into one general group, then try and figure out if the ghosts are friendlies or hostiles.
You de-transform, losing your scales and hammer-hand. You feel rather exhausted, those large transformations really took some concetration. You look over to the spectres. They're definately humanoid, but they have varying degrees of...you don't quite know how to put it. It's as if some of them are more alive, more defined than the others. This must be what Achbaar meant when he said it took most of his powers to keep them from being absorbed. [per=5-1] You see that they're moving, slowly, to form loose half circle around the church. You spot one spectre, clearly a man with an imposing figure, gesturing to the other spectres and shouting silent commands.

Eleanor quickly backed away from the door and headed towards Terry
You back away from the door and join Terry and Lilia.

((I'm sorry that I didn't update for like 3 days, I was really busy. The good news is that regular updates will recommence today.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 03, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

Harvey rejoins the group and nudges Lilia before showing her the bomb.

" If this looks like it's not going to reach the church door give it a shove with your gift ok? You don't want it to go off near us. "

Harvey rejoins the group, when the door is about to fail he throws a grenade/bomb at the church doors then ducks for cover.

" Watch out people this is gonna be messy. "

(( Seriously watch out, this ain't a normal grenade. It's roughly grenade shaped but it's full of C4. So the blast radius is a lot bigger then a grenade. Is anybody else having old movie flash backs of ghosts endlessly reliving the last actions they took before they died? This is reminding me of a movie though I can't place the name of the ghosts endlessly reliving a doomed last stand hoping for a better outcome. ))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:55:29 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 03, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »

"Okay, so there's... pans around here. Good to know. Yeah."

Grab pan, keep looking for explosive things or fireworks.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

Lilia is already busy preparing the magic.  Her few moments of outgoing nature were crushed, and she was eerily silent, barely even twitching in response to orders anyone gave.  Closing herself off, she put distance between herself and everything else.  To be a part of it was something she couldn't stand anymore, so if she needed to do something, she felt no need to accompany it with unneeded bravado.

With little better to do, she'll simply go along with Harvey's bomb plan and help punt the things at the monsters once the door breaks.  Giving Harvey a single forlorn glance, she cares little if its enough to let him know she heard him.  Being completely numb didn't motivate the girl to participate in the activity of communication any more than she needed to.  It was bothersome to begin with and now it was even more difficult.

((BECAUSE THERE IS NO TEAMWORK HEREEEE~*shot*))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:46:45 pm by Lalasa »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2013, 05:54:53 pm »

(( Wow the teamwork in this game is amazing. Rather then my grenade killing them all if we're lucky it's going to blow up a door and some wood before they swarm us. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:03 pm »

((My character isn't built to be a team player.  That's why this is so fun.
Btw I'll answer any complaints and possibly change actions through PM discussion.  If you have any issue with how I'm portraying my character's personality, that can also be mentioned.  I can be reasoned with and will be if needed.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2013, 06:12:18 pm »

(( Would have thought she'd see the sense in killing them. Since they're breaking the door down a barricade ain't gonna stop them but no matter, maybe I'll get lucky and it'll go through a hole in the door or something. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

((At this point I'm really tired of doing nothing to be honest.  I see what you're saying, but I also don't want another turn that says "Let me stand around and be weak."  Besides, if the barricade works, the bombs could be saved and my thinking process thinks that the barricade will only be a small deterrent at best and that they'd still go through the door.  Your character said it himself he'll throw the bombs once the doors break, not before.

It's really mostly a test anyway.  I don't expect it to work.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:31:29 pm by Lalasa »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2013, 06:38:48 pm »

(( Kinda a catch 22 though, the artifact is in the catacombs, the catacomb entrance we know of is in the church through the monsters. Blocking it does nothing really but mean we have to then unblock it again to kill them to get inside to get the artifact. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 03, 2013, 06:45:17 pm »

((What's really not helping is that I seem to have a different view of the game than you do because I interpret what's written differently, mostly because it's not terribly specific.  Take the whole stalking incident for example.  We saw the distance between characters different because it wasn't specific.

I'll go edit, pff.  Haha))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 03, 2013, 06:47:19 pm »

((y'know what I just realized? Our characters just got plopped down in the wilderness. If any of us had actually wanted to, we coulda ran for the hills and started a normal life somewhere XD))

Terry continues ushering everyone to get behind Lilias proposed barricade, afterword he tries to catch his breath so he can transform again if the grenades aren't fully successful.

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 03, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »

((There is no barricade because Patrick logically pointed out that...
I give up.  All I can say is that there is no teamwork and that my edited message suddenly has become more accurate.
Who wants a barricade and who doesn't?  Seriously?  XD))
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39