Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39953 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2013, 05:01:16 pm »

So flying above the wall was apparently not an option.  Frustrated, Lilia lands with a dissatisfied grumble.  If she could not breach the fence then she wouldn't be able to leave, and that is unacceptable.  Lilia feels the strong desire to find a chink in the mansion's armor and begins scrutinizing every possible surface or method for getting in.  In fact, she becomes so absorbed with her task that she forgets all about Harvey or other annoying entities.  No matter how solid the slate gray walls and iron spikes appear, the rickety structure in the buried city will not win over her!

Lilia does not yet realize how motivated this mission has forced her to be.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2013, 06:24:41 pm »

"I just saw someone standing behind the gate"

"Oh did you now? Were they a leprechaun? I want a wish!"
Pester Healer about her vision.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2013, 12:30:09 pm »

"No... No I don't think he was a leprechaun, he was normal size. He was old and wearing a brown suit"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2013, 12:39:29 pm »

"Oh....maybe I should go take a look at him then....JUST TO BE SURE"

Walk up to gate, use transformation powers to slip through the bars.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2013, 01:01:23 pm »

"Okay, yeah. These are definitely ghosts of some description."

Extend my senses to the eating/smoking/doing whatever man, try to get an idea of who he was, search his memories similarly to how I did Uriel's.
You extend your senses to the shape. [4+1] You see flashes of of a man sitting at a table. His hair is greying, but his eyes are full of life and his body is toned from years of hard work. You see a woman playing with a child also sitting at the table, the man smiles at their antics. The scene abrubtly switches to that of a cold, rainy night. You're seeing things from the man's perspective.

Everything is cold and you're filled with a horrible dread. You see the man who's been your best friend since childhood on the ground, long dark shapes shapes have attached themselves to him. His screams are horrible and chill you to the bone. He thrashes around and tries to rip the things from him, but you see them burrowing into him, slithering underneath his skin. Averting your eyes, similar scenes are playing out all around you, some getting attacked by the shapes themselves and others by those who have been infested. Your heart heavy, you look behind you to see a terrible, black, writhing mass of the shapes rush towards you. Everything starts to hurt, you can't see anymore, you feel tiny teeth gnawing at your bones, you want to scream but no sound comes out. It hurts so much, you want nothing more than for it to stop. It hurts, make it stop, make it stop, MAKEITSTOPMAKEITSTOPMA-

You suddenly awake from the living nightmare, on the ground, shivering, your mouth open in a silent scream. You feel cold, as if all the warmth of the world had gone away for an instant.

Go collect my hammer.
you move away from the gate, towards your hammer. When you find it lying on the ground, it seems the head was completely shattered. Damn.

So flying above the wall was apparently not an option.  Frustrated, Lilia lands with a dissatisfied grumble.  If she could not breach the fence then she wouldn't be able to leave, and that is unacceptable.  Lilia feels the strong desire to find a chink in the mansion's armor and begins scrutinizing every possible surface or method for getting in.  In fact, she becomes so absorbed with her task that she forgets all about Harvey or other annoying entities.  No matter how solid the slate gray walls and iron spikes appear, the rickety structure in the buried city will not win over her!

Lilia does not yet realize how motivated this mission has forced her to be.
[mind=1] I know how to solve this, you think. You look at the wall and scream "OPEN SESAME". nothing happens.
"Oh....maybe I should go take a look at him then....JUST TO BE SURE"

Walk up to gate, use transformation powers to slip through the bars.
[adept=1+1] you attempt to take a shape that can go through the bars, but instead you start to bloat up until you're roughly the shape of a beachball. You roll around, your hands and feet not touching the ground anymore.

"No... No I don't think he was a leprechaun, he was normal size. He was old and wearing a brown suit"
you look back, but he's not there anymore. As you turn around, he's suddenly standing in front of you.

"Why have you come here, outsiders?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2013, 01:25:50 pm »

Stay nearby so I can see the man, look around for weapons while I do so and keep the 2 new knives I found in my hands.

"  We were sent to find something, what happened here? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2013, 01:27:52 pm »

Joy felt that perhaps being a seer wasn't all it was cracked up to be, considering that it resulted, more often than not, in her on the ground and consumed by utter terror. This time, it took quite a bit of time to relax from her state. Yeah, there was bad shit here, that's for sure.

She slowly gets to her feet and walks over to Lilia. She seemed to be doing little of importance aside from shouting, anyway. She massages her temples as she speaks to the girl.

"Erm, there was that whole business with that... monster thing you fought, right? What did it look like?"

Regain composure, carefully monitor own state. Rest my mind for a bit.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2013, 03:58:45 pm »

What am I doing?  Yelling to a wall... yeah.  I think that guy's been rubbing off on me.  I should really get a grip.
Lilia backs away from the wall for a moment and notices that she was being approached.  Whoever it was probably is going to complain about her not incredibly helpful tactics. 

Instead she gets a completely different question, and one Lilia couldn't even answer or even wanted to.  Apparently no one here has heard of people going solo, or at least trying to think away from the hustle and bustle of people. 

"What business?  If you're talking about 'Shaky', you'd be better off asking the King of Molemen, or at least trying to, considering his babbling is barely discernible.  I didn't see the thing at all.  What do you want?" she answers defensively, immediately putting up a guard. 

She then turns around (Tact?  What's that?) and continues pondering the issue with the wall.  If she could find a way above or through it...   Harvey's digging would actually come in handy here if he could shovel beneath it... although that wasn't terribly sneaky.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2013, 04:05:00 pm »

"Well, I kinda 'read' one of the ghosts, and found out that this village was killed off by some kind of blackish mind control thing. This was presumably a long time ago, so I was wondering if it was also what you guys fought topside. Black parasite, takes over bodies, has elongated shape. If it's around, we have to be real careful and whatnot. And not, like, wander off and get taken over by hideous creatures from the nether realms. And I would talk to Gulliver over there, but he seems to be busy talking to some kind of ghost as well."

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2013, 04:27:30 pm »

"If you're talking about those black lines, it's public knowledge whatever Mr. Macho over there was fighting topside had those crawling in his face.  They're down here now.  Good luck with that." Lilia says rather icily, blatantly refusing to look Joy in the eye as she tried to concentrate.  The faster that lady got tired of blubbering, the faster she could figure out a real way inside and not that stupid idea she had earlier. 

Besides, she didn't like conversation.  It circled on and on, being completely pointless and tedious with monotony.  Communication was so much easier when you taught people to limit it.  Small quips of useful information were far easier to listen to than blocks that must be sorted through and expanded upon by oneself. 

Open sesame, psh.  Why did I ever think that would work?  Ugh..

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2013, 04:35:50 pm »

"Okay then, that's good to know. Make sure to let me or one of the others know if you find anything - however crazy and/or dickish most of us may be, we should probably stick together in case those lines make a move again."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2013, 04:44:26 pm »

Eleanor eyed the old man suspiciously, with the way he had disappeared and reappeared it seemed very likely that this man was a mage. That meant he was very likely dangerous, cautiously she said  "Like Harvey said we're searching for an artefact here, I don't suppose you have any idea where it might be?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2013, 04:48:36 pm »

Terry attempts to give yet another redundant answer to the man, but he is too bloated to properly speak.

"BLUBLABKFFFUUUU"

He then attempts to un-bloat himself

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2013, 04:53:56 pm »

"Fine.  Done?" Lilia grunts, making a mental note not to tell anyone if she thinks of something important.  No need to bring group members with parasites hugging their jaws rushing over and attracting anything of the sort this lady was blabbing about.  Besides, even if it was magic, seeing dead people everywhere is weird.  Eech!  Definitely someone Lilia wouldn't want to have contact with.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »

Stay nearby so I can see the man, look around for weapons while I do so and keep the 2 new knives I found in my hands.

"  We were sent to find something, what happened here? "
He looks you straight in the eye, his eyes are hard and cold. "Put those things away, boy, before you hurt yourself." He looks back to Eleanor, seemingly losing interest in you "I'll not answer questions from brats who think they can just bully anyone around"

Joy felt that perhaps being a seer wasn't all it was cracked up to be, considering that it resulted, more often than not, in her on the ground and consumed by utter terror. This time, it took quite a bit of time to relax from her state. Yeah, there was bad shit here, that's for sure.

She slowly gets to her feet and walks over to Lilia. She seemed to be doing little of importance aside from shouting, anyway. She massages her temples as she speaks to the girl.

"Erm, there was that whole business with that... monster thing you fought, right? What did it look like?"

Regain composure, carefully monitor own state. Rest my mind for a bit.
[mind=3+1] You close eyes and try to calm down. You steady your breathing and think of nothing for a moment. The dark, cold feeling goes away slowly and you stop feeling so empty.

What am I doing?  Yelling to a wall... yeah.  I think that guy's been rubbing off on me.  I should really get a grip.
Lilia backs away from the wall for a moment and notices that she was being approached.  Whoever it was probably is going to complain about her not incredibly helpful tactics. 

Instead she gets a completely different question, and one Lilia couldn't even answer or even wanted to.  Apparently no one here has heard of people going solo, or at least trying to think away from the hustle and bustle of people. 

"What business?  If you're talking about 'Shaky', you'd be better off asking the King of Molemen, or at least trying to, considering his babbling is barely discernible.  I didn't see the thing at all.  What do you want?" she answers defensively, immediately putting up a guard. 

She then turns around (Tact?  What's that?) and continues pondering the issue with the wall.  If she could find a way above or through it...   Harvey's digging would actually come in handy here if he could shovel beneath it... although that wasn't terribly sneaky.
[mind=3] You try to think of a way through. Obviously, going over isn't going to work. Maybe going under will work, but wall might extend down below too. If only you had that goddamned key.

Eleanor eyed the old man suspiciously, with the way he had disappeared and reappeared it seemed very likely that this man was a mage. That meant he was very likely dangerous, cautiously she said  "Like Harvey said we're searching for an artefact here, I don't suppose you have any idea where it might be?"
The man looks over to you. "Ah, a modicum of good manners still exists in the world above" He briefly glances to Harvey "I had feared that the world had gone back to the tribal days where humans just went around punching eachother as a way of communication. Unfortunately, young miss, I have no idea what this artefact is. And frankly, I do not care, for I have bigger concerns bothering me this very moment. As to where, if I were to venture a guess, I'd say it was inside of the catacombs." He shrugs "What better to place to hide something stolen than inside of a deathtrap?"

Terry attempts to give yet another redundant answer to the man, but he is too bloated to properly speak.

"BLUBLABKFFFUUUU"

He then attempts to un-bloat himself
You un-bloat, making the sound of a deflating balloon as you do so. The old man looks at you while this happens, you see a corner of his mouth curl up in a smirk.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:30:54 am by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39