Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39996 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2013, 01:42:36 pm »

I didn't see anyone else having any bright ideas and my hole found something anyway. What exactly have you found so fat?

He sure was a tactful one, wasn't he, Joy thought. It's kinda hurtful, actually, slip of the tongue though it may be.

"Quite a bit, actually. I have divined that there is a whole village underground, which does indeed make that a likely place to look for whatever is supposed to be here, particularly since there seems to be nothing in the village itself aside from the people in the church - nothing living, anyway."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2013, 01:42:58 pm »

I didn't see anyone else having any bright ideas and my hole found something anyway. What exactly have you found so fat?

"I find YOU to be 'so fat'" :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2013, 01:52:33 pm »

Eleanor sighed slightly as it turned out Lilia actually had a light of her own but any response to the girl was driven out of her mind as Harvey began to swing his hammer about. Quickly she backed away from the wall hoping that she would not be hit by the weapon, when she was a safe distance away she turned her attention back to the wall wondering what Harvey would uncover behind it.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2013, 02:09:04 pm »

Stand back ladies it's.... HammerTime!!!

Harvey then does his hammer time dance.

Do amazing hammer time dance to show off my suddenly present dancing skills.
Then take hammer and hatchet to a hole in the wall to smash a hole big enough to get through.

[agi=1] You attempt to do your hammertime dance. Your body, however, sees it more fitting should you do batusi. After looking rather ridiculous for a moment, you start hammering and chipping the stones. It's not that hard, the stones are old and brittle, but it does take a while with your small hammer. After about 15 minutes of hammering away, you've opened a large enough hole for a person to crawl through.

((Why no character inventories?  I asked a redundant question!  Boo!  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ))

Exactly, this is exactly why dealing with others was almost never necessary.  Almost everything a person needs they already have themselves!  Lilia presently notices through her slight embarrassment that Harvey was planning another crazy antic, only this time with a hammer.  Lilia backs away even further from Harvey and his dangerous hammer swinging that seems prime to hit someone. 

Then, using levitation, she tries floating the flashlight in different directions to see is there are any pathways that are hidden by the dark.  Harvey may be trying to open his own passageway, but he also didn't look for ones that already exist.
You float the light and look for passageways [Per=4+1] You look all over the place. every nook and cranny, every little portruding stone, every square inch. And you don't find a damn thing.

"So you just... dug a hole, then. That's an interesting approach."

Try to sense if there is anything aggressive beneath the earth.
You move your senses thorugh the hole Harvey made. [adept=1] You feel evil close by, your mind flashes with images of small animals being tortured as feelings of hate and helplessness wash through you. Major bad mojo, man.

Eleanor sighed slightly as it turned out Lilia actually had a light of her own but any response to the girl was driven out of her mind as Harvey began to swing his hammer about. Quickly she backed away from the wall hoping that she would not be hit by the weapon, when she was a safe distance away she turned her attention back to the wall wondering what Harvey would uncover behind it.
You back away from Harvey. You don't get hit by the weapon, but small chips of stone get stuck in your hair.

CONTINUE SLAP FIGHT.
You try and continue the slap-fight. Terry agi = 2-1
Joy agi= 5-1.

You start slapping, but joy deftly grabs your arm and gives you a nasty indian burn. ouch.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:11:02 pm by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2013, 02:15:26 pm »

Joy feels that maybe giving the guy an Indian burn may have been going a bit too far.

"Um, sorry, little guy. I was just kinda taken with these horrible images of puppy torture that flashed through my mind. Gut reaction, you know. Sorry. However, I'm pretty sure something... really evil is really close by."

Clear head. Try to ascertain the position of this nearby evil.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »

Joy feels that maybe giving the guy an Indian burn may have been going a bit too far.

"Um, sorry, little guy. I was just kinda taken with these horrible images of puppy torture that flashed through my mind. Gut reaction, you know. Sorry. However, I'm pretty sure something... really evil is really close by."

Clear head. Try to ascertain the position of this nearby evil.

((I LOVE that the evil is me in this :P))

"Umm...right....I'm gonna go stand over there now."

Stand away from the indian burner

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2013, 03:59:17 pm »

" Well congratulations, you've finally managed to work out what I discovered an hour ago and dug us an entrance into. I'm so impressed your magical skills are almost as effective as my common sense.

Now, ME FIRST!!!!
"

Go through my new hole and look around, keep axe and hammer in hand.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2013, 04:13:02 pm »

" Well congratulations, you've finally managed to work out what I discovered an hour ago and dug us an entrance into. I'm so impressed your magical skills are almost as effective as my common sense.

Now, ME FIRST!!!!
"

"Yeah, 'cause randomly digging holes in the middle of town is certainly a display of common sense."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2013, 04:29:35 pm »

" Randomly? I noticed a fountain sitting in the middle of a road where it can't possibly be getting a water pipe to it yet still seems to have a water source. That seemed a little odd so I decided to check beneath it to make sure and I found an entire village. You completely missed every sign and had to use magic. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2013, 04:43:26 pm »

" Randomly? I noticed a fountain sitting in the middle of a road where it can't possibly be getting a water pipe to it yet still seems to have a water source. That seemed a little odd so I decided to check beneath it to make sure and I found an entire village. You completely missed every sign and had to use magic. "

"You did?"

Joy looks down into the pit.

"It sure looks like you've just got a dark hole down there, and that before I told you there was a village down there, you had no clue what you might find. At all."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2013, 04:48:10 pm »

"I agree with the seer.
From way over here."

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2013, 04:58:15 pm »

" Oh thats right you didn't hear me talking about the mole man city. I knew what I was digging for before I started and wallah, buried city. All without the use of magic. Now I just need to find the men living in said city to prove that I was right about that as well. "
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2013, 05:02:03 pm »

"Well, have fun with that, buddy. Just make sure to follow the yellow brick road."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2013, 05:05:34 pm »

" Says the guy who just saw some weird ass monster come off a guys face, discovered magic is real and knows that another group are off fighting vampires and thats all on the first day. Hardly a stretch to think about a people living in underground cities after that now is it? "
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2013, 05:11:04 pm »

"So, do the mole people order the monsters around, or do the monsters order the mole people around? Or do they live in the same village perfectly harmoniously? You seem to be the qualified expert on supernatural phenomena here, after all."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39