Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39904 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Mission 1: stocking up
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »

Eleanor sighed as the man scuttled away from her, it didn't look like they would get any useful information out of him.

"Stay here, we're going to search the rest of the town"

Follow Terry towards the church

Perch on her shoulder. Sqwack(WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO SPELL?) about crackers
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2013, 03:41:47 pm »

"Would you be quiet there are more important things than food at this moment"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2013, 04:10:11 pm »

Take the knives, Look around for a fire axe.

" Well while you lot look around I'm gonna keep finding useful things for killing people. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2013, 04:20:04 pm »

"Would you be quiet there are more important things than food at this moment"

"I'm sorry, I just can't stop thinking about crackers for some reason."

" Well while you lot look around I'm gonna keep finding useful things for killing people. "

"HOW MANY FUCKING WEAPONS DO YOU NEED?"

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »

"God gave you a gun! Use it! Or learn how to use it, anyway!"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2013, 04:24:03 pm »

" Pft, guns are for cowards who don't have the guts to look a man in the eye while they kill him. When I kill a man I want to be close enough to feel the blood spray when I hit him. "

(( Uhm if you think I have a lot now wait until later, this is just the beginning. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »

"God gave you a gun! Use it! Or learn how to use it, anyway!"

"GOD DIDN'T DO SHIT. THAT WAS THE POSSIBLY SECRET BRANCH OF THE MILITARY.
GOD MADE ALL THE HORRIBLE VAMPIRES AND WHATEVER ELSE WE HAVE TO KILL.
FUCK GOD."

" Pft, guns are for cowards who don't have the guts to look a man in the eye while they kill him. When I kill a man I want to be close enough to feel the blood spray when I hit him. "

(( Uhm if you think I have a lot now wait until later, this is just the beginning. ))

"Well don't cry to me for help when you trip and get lacerated in a thousand places."

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »

"If you are going to keep on screaming please get off of my shoulder"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »

"If you are going to keep on screaming please get off of my shoulder"

"Sorry. But everyone just keeps being dumb. Stop being dumb, I stop screaming."

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2013, 04:34:48 pm »

"Melee range works both ways, buddy. And I doubt anybody'll care about your opinion when you're full o' high-velocity lead and lying in a pool of your own blood because you brought a knife to a gunfight."

Uhm. That felt a bit too harsh.

"Well, that's what I think a bad guy would say."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2013, 04:43:00 pm »

" Well let him say with my knife in his throat, a gun is all well and good but you get close and a gun becomes dead weight in your hand. Besides thats what you lot are for, you can mess them up with magic I'll do the tough jobs when magic doesn't work and a good old fashioned decapitation is called for. "
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2013, 05:23:41 pm »

While the man is cowering in fear, the team simply ignores him and goes on their merry way.

Standing around like dead meat was probably a bad idea, but that man that went digging around for knives probably has a better one.  Lilia looks around the restaurant to see if there is anything she can arm herself with.  If there isn't, try to break into a nearby house and look for weaponry there.

Magic has to be good for something right?  It could probably break down doors.  But if not, physical attempts will do.  And the further away from the others, the better.  People are just so difficult to get along with!
You look around the restaurant some more, picking up your book while you're at it. [Per=1] You don't find anything lying around and manage to bang your head on the table while getting back up. You decide to ransack the house next to the restaurant. The door opens easily enough, but it's a complete mess inside. Everything is in disarray and many things have been knocked over, as if someone was trashing around and demolishing th house. [Per=6+1] Your eagle eyes pick up your prey, you move like predator, digging through the junk on the floor. Once you've found what you saw, you hold your prize aloft in the air. Its a double barreled shotgun, with a box of 20 shells and a leather holster that goes on your back. sweet.

Joy sighs. She guesses nobody really cares, then.

See if there's any loose bricks around or something that I could commandeer for personal use. Follow the other guys if they're going anywhere.
[per=5] you find that a bit of the brick counter is loose and attempt to pry off some bricks [str=6] you give in to your primal urge to DESTROY, and you make the counter rue the day it stood it your way. You utterly destroy the counter and stick about 5 intact bricks in your backpack, and take one in your hand.

Eleanor sighed as the man scuttled away from her, it didn't look like they would get any useful information out of him.

Perch on her shoulder. Sqwack(WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO SPELL?) about crackers

You three all go towards the church while our more violent-minded companions search for weapons. You open the big oaken doors and are greeted by a somewhat dark interior. The many rows of seats are illuminated by a mix of colours coming from the stained glass windows. Right in front of you hangs a large cross, probably 4 meters tall, completely covered in gold. There is a woman praying in the seats, oblivious to your entry or the squawking of the manpigeon. A man in a brown robe walks up to you. He seems rather young and has a friendly smile. "Greetings, travelers, what brings you to our town in our darkest hour?"

[per=3] you look around the back of the restaurant for a fire axe. unfortunately, all you find is a hammer, one of the ones with a yellow grip and those fangs for removing nails on one end. I wonder if there are plank-ghasts around here?

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: the village in the middle of nowhere
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

Sweet indeed.  Even though Lilia has no idea how to operate a gun and never has before, she immediately feels much tougher and stronger holding a boomstick gun.  If anything sneaks up on her, they'll be able to eat metal (and her book if she can replicate her levitating trick). 

Cheerful for the first time since she arrived in these ruins, Lilia decides to head over to the edge of townPerhaps if she scouts the perimeter of the area, she could pretend to be doing something useful and not be bothered by anyone (and hopefully not anything else).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »

" Well let him say with my knife in his throat, a gun is all well and good but you get close and a gun becomes dead weight in your hand. Besides thats what you lot are for, you can mess them up with magic I'll do the tough jobs when magic doesn't work and a good old fashioned decapitation is called for. "

As Joy stands up from the savaged counter, several bricks in hand, she continues her discussion.

"Yeah, but without a gun you're still liable to get shot or, alternatively, horrendously decapitated by monsters you try to stab. I saw one of those things lop off an arm like it was butter - try explaining to that thing that you believe in the virtues of gentlemanly melee combat."

And with that, she leaves.

At the church, examine decor. And the general state of things and people, examine that, too.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: the village in the middle of nowhere
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2013, 05:57:14 am »

Squawk(that's how you fucking spell that, thanks Pancaek) at church man. Ask if he has crackers.

((If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm going with the idea Terry gets urges related to whatever animal or whatever he transforms into. Thus the obsession with crackers.
Just thank whatever gods you believe in I didn't go with him being obsessed with pooping on people :P))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39