Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39879 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Mission 1: stocking up
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2013, 07:03:28 am »

"So, uhm, what about that artifact, yeah? And what can you tell us about the people in that village? Anything we should know about the area?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2013, 08:24:09 am »

" I think I speak for everybody when I say how do we kill vampires? Because this sounds like the set up to a bad movie and when we run into vampires in a town where we aren't meant to run into them I wanna know how to kill them. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:11 pm »

"Will I ever stopped getting dragged into things that sound dangerous and unhealthy?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »

"How dangerous is this going to be?"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »

"I guess any info you can give out on this 'artifact' we're supposed to be looking for would be nice"

"oh can I also get something for this nosebleed?"
Morgan passes you a packet a tissues
"So, uhm, what about that artifact, yeah? And what can you tell us about the people in that village? Anything we should know about the area?"
"The artifact is supposed to be something really powerful, something we use to close down gateways. Us grunts don't get anymore info than that, but the boss says we"ll know it when we see it. The important thing is not to activate it.

The people in the village started reporting people going missing about a month ago. It went at a rate of about 2 missing persons per week, until the entire town went dark about 5 days ago. No messages, no phonecalls, no lights when it's dark, nothing. As per the area, I hear there's a nice creek running near the village filled with fish and that it's a great vacation spot during spring. But really, no intel on the surrounding area, only that it's pretty remote."

" I think I speak for everybody when I say how do we kill vampires? Because this sounds like the set up to a bad movie and when we run into vampires in a town where we aren't meant to run into them I wanna know how to kill them. "
"Whell, the vampires are my job, but on the off chance one of the blighters runs the entire 100 kilometers from the nest to here all you gotta do is shoot till it dies. Or stab it, if that's your fancy, they're honestly not that much stronger than your regular human during daytime, they just look better in latex then. But, ah, should you find one during the nighttime.." He rummages in his coatpockets for a while and hands you two spherical objects. "Military grade explosives, the timer is set to 5 seconds standard, soo just push the red button and throw it away before it stops beeping. You can also set the time to something else with the blue button. you guys fight it out who gets to throw 'em"

"Will I ever stopped getting dragged into things that sound dangerous and unhealthy?"
He looks at you with a rather sad look in his eyes "probably not in this lifetime, lass"

"How dangerous is this going to be?"
"depends really, maybe they all just fell into the old well, then you'll be in and out in a few hours. Or, the hill people have been sacrificing them to their mountain god and you may need to fight your way out of there. That's a joke, by the way, no such thing as gods. You'll be fine"

The helicopter lands in what seems like the village square. You disembark and the helicopter rises. When the wind settles you take a good look around. In the middle of the square there's a rather nice looking fountain, with water trickling from the upper plateau to the two lower ones. You see 4 buildings surrounding the immediate vicinity. There are two rather plain looking houses, their windows are shut and you can't detect anything moving inside. The church is rather grandiose for such a small village, towering far above any other building. On the right side there is a large graveyard with dilapitaded gravestones and ornate crypts. The restaurant sign reads "The trough" with a small picture of pigs eating next to it, very appetizing.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2013, 12:43:51 pm »

"Alright, let me try something."

Try to sense if there's anything malevolent within a 500-meter radius.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2013, 12:52:49 pm »

Shapeshift into something innocuous, like a small bird. Try and fly/survey the area.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »

Sit and wait for something interesting to do. Follow the group.

" Well this is nice, does anybody else feel like he's being watched? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2013, 01:11:28 pm »

"You're an asshole. Tweet tweet motherfucker."
BIRD FORM GO

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2013, 01:17:20 pm »

By now Lilia has stopped caring that nothing ever comes to her by choice anymore.  She tries to go off a little by herself, obviously not wanting to run into any vampires but also not wanting to stand next to anyone. 

Her next action is to learn how to activate telekinesis.  If she can activate it.  That teacher seemed relatively suspicious. 

She also hopes fervently she is left alone. 

I wonder if I still have that book...?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2013, 01:24:41 pm »

Eleanor remained in silence as the others began to look, her powers were no use yet she couldn't even practice them without someone who was wounded. It looked like she would have to wait until one of the others found something.

Wait for the rest to find something
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2013, 01:31:10 pm »

"Alright, let me try something."

Try to sense if there's anything malevolent within a 500-meter radius.
[Adept=4] You reach your senses for beings that mean you harm. You don't get as far as you'd like, but it should cover the village. You don't sense anything malevolent outside of the square, in fact, you don't sense anything at all. You do sense something inside of the church and the restaurant, however. You also very distinctly sense four enitites of varying malevolence very close to you.

Shapeshift into something innocuous, like a small bird. Try and fly/survey the area.
[adept=3] You try to change into a pigeon. It works, mostly, though you still have a miniturized human head instead of pigeon head. You fly over the town screaming obsenities at Harvey while you do. All of the houses seem empty, and every time you go and sit on a window sill you're greeted by the same view. everything is messy inside, but there are no signs of forced entry.

"because I really feel like someone's watching us, guys." [per=2] you look to your left and see something black, long and thin, in the corner of your eye.  "Aah! slenderman! slenderman!" You run behind the fountain, only to notice that it was a streetlight.

By now Lilia has stopped caring that nothing ever comes to her by choice anymore.  She tries to go off a little by herself, obviously not wanting to run into any vampires but also not wanting to stand next to anyone. 

Her next action is to learn how to activate telekinesis.  If she can activate it.  That teacher seemed relatively suspicious. 

She also hopes fervently she is left alone. 

I wonder if I still have that book...?

You wander around a bit, seperating yourself from the group. You notice your arm is getting tired and see that you've been carrying the heavy book this entire time. [adept=5+1] You focus on the book and it starts floating next to you. You make it do circles around you, a little looping, an immelman turn and then promptly send it crashing through the window of the restaurant. You hear a startled yelp from inside and plates crashing to the floor.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2013, 01:40:00 pm »

Walk over and look through the window, hatchet and knife in hand.

Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »

Oops.  That worked... kinda.  But who was there?  And why should she care? 

Perhaps if she did something useful this stupid mission would end faster and she could go back to skulking around in abandoned corners.

Lilia tries to find a way inside the restaurant.  The people inside might have valuable information that her teammates may want to deal with.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »

Fly over toward the restaurant. Perch on [Patricks character] shoulder (I should pay more attention to names :P)

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39