Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39832 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Mission 1: stocking up
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 03:44:17 pm »

“I still don't think I can help very much but I don't really have anywhere else to go"

Go get equipment then head towards the library to see Invuss
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »

((Goddammit :P You take a nap, you come back, the RtD has exploded ten turns and 250 years. DO I GOTTA WATCH YOU EVERY SECOND? XD))

Terry starts crying. What did you seriously expect? Hes a pussy like that :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 04:29:01 pm »

" Ahh well I'll settle for hacking his arms off with the hatchet then. After all, dead is dead. Thanks for the hatchet. "
Go speak with the boss about training in melee combat instead of magic.
"training? I'm sure Veronica can set you up with a droid to spar with. Other than that there isn't much we can do."

“I still don't think I can help very much but I don't really have anywhere else to go"

Go get equipment then head towards the library to see Invuss
Ah, another Adept, wonderful. So, what discipline were you thinking about taking first? hmm?"

((Goddammit :P You take a nap, you come back, the RtD has exploded ten turns and 250 years. DO I GOTTA WATCH YOU EVERY SECOND? XD))

Terry starts crying. What did you seriously expect? Hes a pussy like that :P
You start crying. The boss notices it and walks over to you. He's quite imposing, what with being just over 2 meters high and being entirely made out of metal underneath his uniform. He bends down  right until his helmet like face is right infront of yours. You look into the hollow slits, but all you see is a darkness that seemingly goes on forever. "I know this must be much to take in, but you need to man up right now and get ready. Your first mission will be relatively simple, but out there many things want nothing more than to kill you. So I need you prepared." He says, with a voice that's deep and scratchy. "Now go see Invuss to choose your discipline. Just tell him what you're wanting and he'll see what he can do for you."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »

" That's great, thanks. "

Go get a droid to spar with, focus in this order. Agility, Strength, Endurance. Use my knife and hatched in both hands as I do so to improve melee skill as well.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 04:43:17 pm »

"Any corner of the world where I don't have to deal with anyone would be fine for me..." Lilia grumbles to herself, angry about being forced to do... anything.  Why should she care that everything is dead?  It's more convenient this way...

Lilia ends up going towards the library anyway.  Who knows, she might learn magic and find a nice corner to get away from everyone.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 05:10:54 pm »

"What, I can pick, like, anything? Well... I guess I'll pick being... a seer. Yeah, I've always wanted to be one of those, you know?"

State preferences. Begin training, maybe?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:29 pm »

Eleanor remained silent for a while; she had never really given much thought to magic before. But then she finally spoke.
“I would like to become a healer, if that’s possible” most people were already dead but maybe she could prevent any more from dying.

Choose preference and then get to training
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 05:33:12 pm »

"Any corner of the world where I don't have to deal with anyone would be fine for me..." Lilia grumbles to herself, angry about being forced to do... anything.  Why should she care that everything is dead?  It's more convenient this way...

Lilia ends up going towards the library anyway.  Who knows, she might learn magic and find a nice corner to get away from everyone.
Invuss turns towards you with a big smile "Haai~ Irrashaimasse~!" He immediatly loses the smile "wait, shit, wrong culture. You humans are so complicated, you can't even decide what culture you want to take. Anyway, what discipline will it be?"

"What, I can pick, like, anything? Well... I guess I'll pick being... a seer. Yeah, I've always wanted to be one of those, you know?"State preferences. Begin training, maybe?
"Ah, want to watch the reality form before your very eyes do you? Good choice, true and tested." He waves his hand and mutters a few words. Suddenly you feel as if there's a thunderstorm inside your brain and you drop to the floor, convulsing. "Hmmm? looks like we've got an information clash." His face becomes one of disgust "Don't tell me you've been reading that bollocks guide to witchery crap...ugh" The convulsing stops after a while, and you feel...wiser, somehow.

" That's great, thanks. "

Go get a droid to spar with, focus in this order. Agility, Strength, Endurance. Use my knife and hatched in both hands as I do so to improve melee skill as well.

Veronica sets up a droid and closes the sparring cage. "Two men enter, one man leaves. It's time for the T-T-THUNDERDOME"

first up, you try dodging the droid's attacks. [AGI=3+1] the robot goes for a quick jab, but you dodge to the left just in time. [Agi=4] He tries to follow up with a haymaker, but you duck underneath and get behind him. [STR=4] You punch the robot in his filthy robot mouth, but he seems unfazed. The robot goes for a kidney shot, and you decide to take it like a man [end=6] The robot punches with all his might, and you don't even try to deflect the attack. "A little internal bleeding won't kill me, maggot!"

you decide to get real [hatchet agi=3][knife agi=4+1][hatchet melee=5+1][knife melee=3+1] you you swing the hatchet towards it's head, but all it does is take of a slice off the top. you then plunge the knige right in the small eye slit, and the robot sparks and falls to the ground.

Eleanor remained silent for a while; she had never really given much thought to magic before. But then she finally spoke.
“I would like to become a healer, if that’s possible” most people were already dead but maybe she could prevent any more from dying.

Choose preference and then get to training

"Ah, a sage, word to the wise, the more severe the injury, the more horrible the consequences should everything backfire. you can also try and give allies some pep, or a second wind, it isn't just cuts and missing arms you can help with." He suddenly gets an even sterner look on his face "And never, NEVER, try to raise someone from the dead. The consequences of failure are dramatic, and even if you succeed. You'll be branded a necromancer. And that invites all kinds of trouble." He mutters the mutter, waves the wave, and you feel filled with knowledge.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 05:43:12 pm »

" Sorry I broke your toy, got any more I can play with? I'm not tired yet and if I'm going out tomorrow then I need to sharpen up a bit. "

Get a new droid and continue training. to improve my skills.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 05:54:27 pm »

Lilia visible grimaces as she hears the greeting thrown at her by the magic teacher.  Don't... say that.  Anyway... I'm here to learn magic.  I don't know what I'm good for, but that guy mentioned I can do adept magic or something.  I want that.  Like maybe telekinesis.  Floating things." she says with some effort, trying her best not to visibly show her irritation.

So yeah.  Lilia wants to learn telekinesis at the library from this stranger.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »

Lilia visible grimaces as she hears the greeting thrown at her by the magic teacher.  Don't... say that.  Anyway... I'm here to learn magic.  I don't know what I'm good for, but that guy mentioned I can do adept magic or something.  I want that.  Like maybe telekinesis.  Floating things." she says with some effort, trying her best not to visibly show her irritation.
So yeah.  Lilia wants to learn telekinesis at the library from this stranger.
"maybe telekinesis, right? Sure thing grumpy." A grumble, a mumble and wave. you feel like you have gained knowledge

" Sorry I broke your toy, got any more I can play with? I'm not tired yet and if I'm going out tomorrow then I need to sharpen up a bit. "

Get a new droid and continue training. to improve my skills.
You spar with at least 3 other droids, leaving them all in the dust. Veronica seems pleased and assumes a victory pose "THE THUNDERDOME HAS BEEN BATHED IN BLOOD, THE GODS ARE PLEASED!"
 (just so you know, you won't get any stat bonuses for training with droids, they're more there to test new weapons.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »

(( Darn how do I? I need something to do to keep me in line with the others since they're all learning magic. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »

"That seemed rather dull." Lilia remarked, promptly moving her attention away from the teacher.  Now that she had apparently "learned" magic from this silly man, she didn't really know what she was supposed to do.

Lilia looks for something interesting to occupy herself with in the library, like a good book or new directions.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 07:53:20 pm »

(( Darn how do I? I need something to do to keep me in line with the others since they're all learning magic. ))

You could learn sword magic? :P

Hmm....what do *I* want to learn?....

Lets try something interesting SHAPESHIFTING GO!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 03:51:53 am »

"Holy motherf- um, thanks, I guess? So... can I see stuff now? Like, for real and stuff?"

Try getting an idea of how this place (the base, I guess?) is laid out with seer abilities.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39