Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39817 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2013, 12:11:21 pm »

(( At the moment? Nope. Harvey is gonna relax and let you 3 do some work for a change. But for future reference. Keep an eye out for weapons or armor. Harvey is open to bribes. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:11 pm »

Eleanor steeled herself as she watched the drones come pouring out of the temple, she wasn't much of a fighter but she would what she could.

She aimed her gun at the approaching drones trying to shoot them down before they got near
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:04:00 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 05, 2013, 07:03:45 pm »

(( Oh god, mage with a gun take 2. RUN!!!!!!! ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 05, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »

((Well hopefully I won't end up shooting any of us ))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:08:26 pm by Kansa »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »

(( Oh god, mage with a gun take 2. RUN!!!!!!! ))
((Just letting you know making snide comments about people trying to make helpful, legitimate actions is getting a little old.  Harvey isn't the only character that's allowed to do something.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 05, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »

(( It was a joke.... Given that so far mages and guns haven't worked out well for us. ))
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2013, 05:40:02 am »

(( It was a joke.... Given that so far mages and guns haven't worked out well for us. ))
((I had the same thought, but then given that mage+gun has only been tried ONCE so far and was accompanied by a series of ridiculously horrible rolls....
I imagine this won't go TOO horribly. Probably just a little horribly. A smidgen of horror if you will.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 06, 2013, 05:48:42 am »

(( I'm going to plan for the worst case scenario, which is also why I'm standing in front of Lilia :P the mage with the gun is behind her. :P. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 06, 2013, 08:38:32 am »

Harvey grins at the chaos.

" This is gonna be fun. "

Place myself between Lilia and the enemies.

Harvey nudges Lilia.

" Hey hunni? Lots of rubble around. Feel like making it beat a few drones to death? I'm good but I'd rather not face 6 of them at once. "
You stand between Lilia and the tide of wyrmlings, weapons drawn. You spin your hatchet around, nothing like a bit of showmanship.

More of them, more of them, more of them, more of them!
Forgetting about the strange new specters, Lilia could only concentrate on them.  Ugly, twisted, sick beings that existed to destroy and almost destroyed her.  Useless, vile, disgusting things.  Having completely ignored the blast of the explosion, the rubble seemed perfectly natural, as if it had simply grown out of the earth that way.  She'll simply pick them up a little and plant them on some drones' heads.  Easy.

Lilia begins to charge up magic in order to pick up multiple medium-sized rocks and fling them like deadly torpedoes into the incoming drones.  If possible, she aims for their heads.  If that somehow fails, she'll try picking up one of the drones themselves mentally and use it to knock the rest down like bowling pins.

If she heard Harvey, she gave no indication of it.  He wasn't important right now so energy couldn't be spared on pleasantries.
You see a suitable pile of rocks from the church. [adept=2+1/2+1/5+1] two large rocks start to levitate as you start concentrating. One flies off and hits a wyrmling in the leg, making it stumble to the ground. The other hits one in the back, making it plant its face in the dust. Unhappy with these results you concentrate really hard. You pick up multiple small stones and fling them really fast, one after the other. Your impromptu mindgun rips one wyrmlings chest to shreds and blows out another one's brain. You feel somewhat worn out, but those weren't awful results.

"Welp, Lilias traumatized, Eleanor is just kinda there and I have no idea where Joy is. THIS. DAY. SUCKS!"
Terry uses his air magic to blast away any wyrmlings that get too close to the group.

((I really hope Harvey is planning to do more then stand in between the monsters and his crush. We kinda need the help of Manfred and Harry. :P))
Lilia's rock assault is going quite well, beating 3 of them to the ground and killing one of them outright. The spectres are also giving it their best, finishing off those on the ground and fighting those who pour out of the catacombs. One of the wyrmlings staggers up to you and [Elemental=2] you summon a refrshing breeze, which make the black worms that are hanging from its skin dangle in the breeze. It flings itself at you and [agi=6-1] You step to the side, giving him a hard shove as he goes by. This sends it flying to the ground, eating dirt.

Place one propane tank in the hole, keep the other one outside. Go down into the hole and take a look at what seems to be happening.
You  leave one tank leaning against the fountain and roll the other one down the hole. You climb down and decide to take a look what's keeping the rest of your team. [perception=6] In one corner, our squad of magic timebombs, our conscripts from another time, the closest thing you have left to friends! In the same corner, allies from beyond the veil of death! IIIIIIIIIIiiiin the other corner, the corpses of the townfolk, now infested by the body-snatching wyrms! LLeeettsss FIGHT! Seems like Lunatic Lilia makes the first move, smashing our ex-townsfolks with rocks! that gotta hurt. Hazardous Harvey stand there, looking very menacing, his eyes darting all over the place. OH, what's this? Tenacious Terry fucks up his attack, but comes back with a beautiful feint! Elegant Eleanor is steadying her gun, ready to unleash a torrent of pain! Both sides are giving it their all, and they seem to be evenly matched. Multiple spectres have fallen, and the onslaught of wyrmlings is advancing upon our heroes. Who will live, who will win? See more, same bat-channel, same bat-time!

Eleanor steeled herself as she watched the drones come pouring out of the temple, she wasn't much of a fighter but she would what she could.

She aimed her gun at the approaching drones trying to shoot them down before they got near
You see two drones coming nearer. [Gun=3-1/2-1] You take aim at the first one and pull the trigger. Your shots go wide, hitting a spectre. It doesn't really seem all that affected. You aim again, but this time when you pull the trigger, you weren't holding the gun all that steadily and it flies out of your hands, landing a good tow meters away from you. The closest drone lunges and [agi=2] he slams straight into you and you both fall to the ground. you struggle as bhe tries to claw at your face.

The battle is raging on when that horrible low roar is heard again, too close this time. You see a giant black mass coming from the catacombs. It's size splits the hatch as it comes through. It looks like a giant worm, made up out of the tiny worms that infest the townfolk. As it straightens itself up, you see that is a good 3 meters tall and has 3 skulls for a face. It starts slowly advancing towards the middle of the square.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2013, 08:48:54 am »

"Ooh. That looks like the most terrible thing I've ever seen, hands down."

Extend senses to the Wyrm of Pestilence, try to determine its origin in the vaguest sense.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 06, 2013, 04:54:06 pm »

*Terries voice gets higher, going full Mickey Mouse* "FUCKING FUCK FUCKS! OH MY FUCKING FUCKFUCKS!"
He then leaps over toward Eleanors attacker and transforms into something heavy, aiming to crush it by falling on top of it.
Also try not to crush Ellie.

((Did I mention that the whole boxing announcer thing was completely, entirely composed of LOL?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2013, 06:25:41 pm »

Take manfred and harry to the enemy on the ground and the one on Eleanor, cut off it's head so she gets bloody.

Harvey then shows Lilia the grenade.
"If I miss redirect it at rumple fugly ok?"

Throw grenade at the big guy. Aim for it to detonate on the middle face to take out all 3.

"Hey, uhm, transforming guy. It's on top of her, maybe crushing them into mixed paste is the wrong idea. Allow me.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:33:31 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2013, 05:38:33 pm »

Eleanor let out a scream as the thing fell on top of her, her heart racing as she tried to stop it from clawing her face off.

She tried to shove it off of her hoping beyond hope that she would be strong enough to do so

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2013, 06:34:48 pm »

We really need gun lessons...~!

Lilia stares apathetically as both Harvey and Terry as they scrambled over each other to smother both Eleanor and her new friend.  Somewhere it registered that flattening both would be a poor idea if one only wanted to get rid of half of the pair, but she couldn't bring herself to care much.  Watching the result will be entertaining enough no doubt.

Instead, she turns her attention on the bomb.  Bombs seem to be popular weapons, perhaps she should get one.  Lilia watches the bomb to ensure that were it to miss, she'd throw it on target with telekinesis.

While keeping an eye on the grenade, beat some more drones senseless with flying rocks.  She'll make those worm-encrusted faces enjoy the delicious taste of gravel and granite which are part of a balanced and nutritious breakfast.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2013, 06:51:26 pm »

"Ooh. That looks like the most terrible thing I've ever seen, hands down."

Extend senses to the Wyrm of Pestilence, try to determine its origin in the vaguest sense.
[adept=2] You extend your senses and attempt to determine its origin. Its evil. Yeah. Maybe like, an evil sorcerer or something? Maybe some really moldy cheese?
Eleanor let out a scream as the thing fell on top of her, her heart racing as she tried to stop it from clawing her face off.

She tried to shove it off of her hoping beyond hope that she would be strong enough to do so
*Terries voice gets higher, going full Mickey Mouse* "FUCKING FUCK FUCKS! OH MY FUCKING FUCKFUCKS!"
He then leaps over toward Eleanors attacker and transforms into something heavy, aiming to crush it by falling on top of it.
Also try not to crush Ellie.

((Did I mention that the whole boxing announcer thing was completely, entirely composed of LOL?))
[Eleanor Agi=5] You squirm out of its hold and roll out of the way. Which is a good thing, because right then Terry jumps into the air and [adept=4] Transforms into a big hulking mass of flesh, his hands and feet not even visible int he bloated form. He slams ontop of the drone, squashing it flat.

Take manfred and harry to the enemy on the ground and the one on Eleanor, cut off it's head so she gets bloody.

Harvey then shows Lilia the grenade.
"If I miss redirect it at rumple fugly ok?"

Throw grenade at the big guy. Aim for it to detonate on the middle face to take out all 3.

"Hey, uhm, transforming guy. It's on top of her, maybe crushing them into mixed paste is the wrong idea. Allow me.
[agi=6] You press the detonation button and wait just a second. Then you pitch it like a trained baseball player, and it goes straight into the beasts head. It sinks into the worms for a split second and then it explodes, sending bits and pieces of the thing flying everywhere.

We really need gun lessons...~!

Lilia stares apathetically as both Harvey and Terry as they scrambled over each other to smother both Eleanor and her new friend.  Somewhere it registered that flattening both would be a poor idea if one only wanted to get rid of half of the pair, but she couldn't bring herself to care much.  Watching the result will be entertaining enough no doubt.

Instead, she turns her attention on the bomb.  Bombs seem to be popular weapons, perhaps she should get one.  Lilia watches the bomb to ensure that were it to miss, she'd throw it on target with telekinesis.

While keeping an eye on the grenade, beat some more drones senseless with flying rocks.  She'll make those worm-encrusted faces enjoy the delicious taste of gravel and granite which are part of a balanced and nutritious breakfast.
Harvey throws the grenade perfectly, if a little bit too hard. You're about to throw some more rocks, but the drones seem somewhat unresponsive.

As the great big beast falls to the ground, the drones shudder and fall as well. All the black worms start to smoke, and soon they're all evaporating into a thin mist. As if a great burden is suddenly lifted, you see all the spectres become more defined. You can now clearly make out their faces and hear their voices. Many are helping fallen spectres up or hugging each other. After the great wyrm dissolves, only the three skulls and two glowing orange squares remain.

You all get a level up!

((On an note unrelated to the IC, I think I may have shot myself in the foot by using such a complicated system for this. Also by making this so character driven I'm afraid I don't really know what I'd do if any of you actually died. That and I keep messing up the pacing for this.  I've already got a simpler RTD planned for one of these days, but I'm not sure what to do with this one, as it kinda feels like it's a boring failure. What do you guys think?))
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 39