Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39973 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2013, 05:55:19 pm »

Lilia's curious hand lightly tapping the walls sprang back with a light hiss as Joy spoke up with her nightmarish premonition.  Squinting, Lilia saw nothing, but she could almost imagine deep and dark terrors.  With an active imagination, she was fully able to guess at the blood-curdling things that lurked behind the smooth, unprovoked slate wall.

"Normally I'd call you crazy and then go back inside my room and lock the door.  But everything is crazy and my lovely apartment is gone.  Everything is gone, it's all gone." she babbles, as if suddenly realizing what has truly happened.  Demons and parasites were trying to eat her and her "teammates" while peace slowly turns into an illusion... for the first time Lilia's heart aches, not at the lost humanity, but because of the lost world, a beautiful place now long corrupted and dying.  The glorious forests, the thundering waterfalls... they could all be hiding terrible creatures or lack any semblance to their once natural selves, for Earth was not natural anymore.  Instead it was a desolate ball crawling with hellspawn.

Lilia retreats inward and follows Joy quietly.  She no longer felt any drive to randomly look for artifacts, and she realizes she must have terrible intuition.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2013, 09:55:22 am »

"Well then, guess we're headed for the trapdoor behind the altar in the chapel. Thanks ghost guy. I mean Achbaar. Achbaar the ghost. Have fun with your thing then. BYE!!!!"

At this Terry leads the others off toward the chapel
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2013, 12:02:46 pm »

Eleanor sighed slightly as Terry started marching off but before following she quickly explained things to Lilia and Joy "We have an idea of where the artefact is now, we think it is in the catacombs underneath the chapel. There are apparently lots of nasty things down there so we better be careful" she then turned back to Achbaar "Thank you for your help but I better be off now before Terry does something stupid"

Quickly she followed after terry
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:31:28 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2013, 01:23:42 pm »

All y'all:

After Joy and Lilia rejoin the group, conversing and looking a little worried, you all agree to go to the chapel. Eleanor tries to thank achbaar, but he's nowhere to be found, it seems he has a habit of dissapearing. You all venture forth towards the chapel. Harvey and Terry pull open the big wooden doors. Inside you see a similar sight as the church above ground, only completely destroyed. The roof has caved in in various places, the stained glass windows are all broken and the benches have long since rotten to uselessness. Only the altar, now a faded brownish colour, has stood the test of time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: Tomb raidin'
« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2013, 01:35:31 pm »

"Alright, guys, the church didn't have any particular... presences in it as far as I know. Still, I think I should scan ahead, determine where the black line-things are. This'd be useful to know beforehand."

Firstly, try to sense the presence of what we're looking for - some sort of artifact, yes?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2013, 03:39:45 pm »

"Alright, guys, the church didn't have any particular... presences in it as far as I know. Still, I think I should scan ahead, determine where the black line-things are. This'd be useful to know beforehand."

Firstly, try to sense the presence of what we're looking for - some sort of artifact, yes?

"Er, Joy? Don't you think you should wait till we're actually in the Catacombs to get all seer-y on us again? You guys seem to get exhausted when you use your powers, I would rather have your ability when it can keep us from getting killed."
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »

"Er, Joy? Don't you think you should wait till we're actually in the Catacombs to get all seer-y on us again? You guys seem to get exhausted when you use your powers, I would rather have your ability when it can keep us from getting killed."

"What, and blunder in there on just a hunch or something? Are you nuts? There's mind-control parasites somewhere around here. I'd rather not go into some dank dungeon or some shit unless I know what we're looking for is down there beforehand. Way I see it, that gray rectangle thing is a way more likely place for that artifact to be, though I could be wrong and it might just be full of evil instead."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:58:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2013, 03:57:28 pm »

Wait patiently.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2013, 04:22:21 pm »

((My character's name is Lilia, Kansa.  :U))

Lilia hung despondently at the back of the group, glancing over the argument Terry and Joy were having over Joy's powers.  Personally Lilia preferred that Joy went all cuckoo because it would mean they wouldn't accidentally break into some weird evil block of doom like the earlier rectangular building seemed to be.  She didn't bother to volunteer her opinion- it was rarely heard anyway.

Lilia wanders around the borders of the room by herself as she waits for Joy and Terry to make up their minds and stop squabbling like housewives.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »

((Sorry about that, I should have double checked))

Eleanor leaned against one of the walls and waited to see what joy would find

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2013, 05:57:30 pm »

You reach out your senses. [adept=4] You try to reach out your senses underground. The first room directly below the church seems completely devoid of life. There is an entrance to a larger place, a series of caverns. It goes on too far for your senses to reach out well, but you can definately sense evil down there. Upon retracting your senses, you notice another entity inside the church. It's very faint, but you don't think it's evil. It feels...scared.

Wait patiently.
You wait. Joy is doing her eyes rolled back into her head thing, no surprise there. The others are lazying about, you included. You pace around a bit, but you don't find any melee weapons. Pity.

((My character's name is Lilia, Kansa.  :U))

Lilia hung despondently at the back of the group, glancing over the argument Terry and Joy were having over Joy's powers.  Personally Lilia preferred that Joy went all cuckoo because it would mean they wouldn't accidentally break into some weird evil block of doom like the earlier rectangular building seemed to be.  She didn't bother to volunteer her opinion- it was rarely heard anyway.

Lilia wanders around the borders of the room by herself as she waits for Joy and Terry to make up their minds and stop squabbling like housewives.

You pace around a bit. Harvey is looking around for weapons, but he tries to hide it. He doesn't succeed.

((Sorry about that, I should have double checked))

Eleanor leaned against one of the walls and waited to see what joy would find
You lean against the wall and look around. You see some moldy, faded painted of long forgotten saints. As you're looking at one painting where you think you could make out a tomato wielding a sword, you spot something quite peculiar sticking out from behind one of the less ruined benches. It looks like...like a butt. A small butt, covered in a pretty floral pattern.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44:43 pm »

"Right, the catacombs are really deep, for one, and they definitely contain evil of some kind. Didn't sense any artifacts in ready availability, though I do sense some kind of entity here with us. Seems scared and not really evil."

Look for this frightened entity, try to ascertain if it's another ghost, or perhaps something else.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 23, 2013, 06:49:48 pm »

"I think I might have already found it" Eleanor pointed to where she saw the butt and began to walk towards it "I know you're there, don't worry we won't hurt you"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 23, 2013, 06:57:44 pm »

Continue being very patient and not doing anything insane or creepy.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 23, 2013, 07:46:01 pm »

Harvey will be Harvey of course.  Other than that, nothing of interest was really happening except for the appearance of a butt.  Children were never high on the list of thins Lilia liked.  Loud, rude, and annoying, the brats were even more of a torment than their adult counterparts.

Lilia watches the proceedings with the butt with a reserved eye.  If whatever's doing a poor job of hiding behind the bench turns out to be difficult, levitate the person with the floral butt off the floor.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:02:22 pm by Lalasa »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39