Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Preventing long names for dwarves to be cut off or vowel-impaired  (Read 283 times)

Seraphaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi.

I've been mildly annoyed so far at the inability to show the full title and name for noteworthy dwarves in the windows when I'm zoomed out.
I'm attaching an image where the bottom one is the game zoomed into almost as far as I can go, but I can't play like that.
The top image is one where I can see most of my fortress when I go into the world map which is how I want to play.

How to sort so I see the whole text? Is there some sort of font, resolution or tileset issue at work here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Preventing long names for dwarves to be cut off or vowel-impaired
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »

No way to do it that I know of, it's resolution problem, zoom out if you need the whole name and title. Gotta cram all the words in there somehow. Only way I can really think of to shorten it is to use the custom nickname and profession and use single space to blank them out.

Devowelizing's sorta the best possible method to go for this situation when there're just no room for full text and the zoom/resolution's shared between all windows. Well, unless there're external app to help with such thing?