Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52554 times)

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #405 on: April 15, 2015, 09:21:35 am »

Finally got this working through a combination of black magic and "black" magic. This game has poor affects on my posting judgement. In any case i joined the bay 12 crew.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 16, 2015, 06:39:54 am »

Bah...my rockstar account got hacked...and I was halfway done with the download...so that is gonna add at least another day of download time onto the already 3 day download -_-

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2015, 08:36:32 am »

So evidently rockstar hates fun and they made modding more difficult in GTA 5 for PC?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2015, 08:41:38 am »

Well, isn't that just lovely?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2015, 08:48:23 am »

So evidently rockstar hates fun and they made modding more difficult in GTA 5 for PC?
“I don’t see any basis for the claims that GTA V looks hard to mod,” said DrDaxxy, creator of the field of view mod. “In fact, all that I have seen points to the opposite, and the things that caused the most headaches for GTA 4 modders all seem to be either missing or already figured out because of the familiar engine. However, Rockstar may or may not ban people for modding, and they may or may not make modding harder in the future. Each theory is plausible and grounded in good reasoning, but ultimately pure speculation due to lack of knowledge about the game’s internals and Rockstar’s decisions. But I’m hopeful, as the things we do know and have evidence for all look very good for modders, and the GTA community has always been and is still full of highly talented modders. If I had to give you a timeframe, I think we’ll see cool things coming our way within weeks or months.”
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2015, 09:14:18 am »

Alright cool, from what I read they added safeties to make it harder to mod due to online play, but that may have just been hyperbole.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:13 pm »

On a slightly related and definitely illegal note, the PC version of GTA V has been cracked. It took Chinese hackers about a day to bypass the DRM and make the game work on Windows 7 and two more days to make it work on Windows 8 and 8.1.
At this point, the pirated version is reported to be buggy - some missions are completely unplayable and CTDs occur very often.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:24:45 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 16, 2015, 02:01:02 pm »

Hey, it's not even been a week. Give them time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 16, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »

Given the time it'll take to download the torrent (61GB jesus christ almighty), I'm sure it'll be fully patched by then.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2015, 03:19:33 pm »

On a slightly related and definitely illegal note, the PC version of GTA V has been cracked. It took Chinese hackers about a day to bypass the DRM and make the game work on Windows 7 and two more days to make it work on Windows 8 and 8.1.
At this point, the pirated version is reported to be buggy - some missions are completely unplayable and CTDs occur very often.
Well to be honest, V1 of the crack was out yesterday morning my time, its 4pm the V1 of the crack could only work on Win7, then this monring they released the V2 wich seam to be working on all windows OS. They should REALLY try to stop using DRM its just that pointless wasting time and money for a mere 2-3 day before crack... Some games just cannot be played if you dont register wich is a good DRM in on itself, best DRM will always be making sure your game is more appealing legit than hacked. Such as good multiplayer component, content patch etc etc.

Ill be blunt and straight, im not playing legit, but i sure will be buying it, not because of DRM but because i want to play the multiplayer aspect of the game wich is impossible with an unlegit version.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 03:29:14 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 16, 2015, 03:39:27 pm »

It's $70 here in Canadaland. I'm waiting for the price to be a bit more reasonable.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 17, 2015, 12:11:28 am »

It's $70 here in Canadaland. I'm waiting for the price to be a bit more reasonable.

Yeah, it's definitely not worth it for a 2 year old game I've already beaten. I feel like pricing could have been more fair for the re-releases, but whatever. People would complain any way you go about it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 17, 2015, 05:33:37 am »

I am amazed at how many people already bought it...and are buying it again...then complaining...I waited to get it on PC cause I knew it would be worth it...got it on sale to boot

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 17, 2015, 11:28:06 am »

Even the repacks are impossible to download right now, it's the leechstorm.  I couldn't imagine trying to download a 60gb file with .15 ratio.

I bought it.  Haven't had a chance to play, I'll be able to play when I get home from class.  I did do the benchmark and it wonked out so I dunno the actual FPS but it looked pretty smooth.  Doubt it's 60fps but it's good.  I've got the recommended specs, 8gb, FX 8350, and a 3GB GTX 660.
Shoes...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 17, 2015, 02:50:27 pm »

I was lucky, took me 3 day to download the game with my crappy connection, then as soon i finish installing the game, 5 minute later the V 2 comes out, but yeah the leech storm makes the download speed soooo horrible. But well let's be honest those who bought and played it on console and had a successfull online game might only want to get a taste of the PC new feature wich arent enormous compared to the console game they would NEVER rebuy the game at 60+ pricemark unless well they have lots of money to spare wich seem to not be the case of many ppl.

Those who had the game on console should have received an email with a sale coupon or something....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38