Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52637 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #345 on: October 16, 2013, 01:47:57 pm »

$3-9k depending on the model.

Only if you're going real low-end, from what I've seen. If you hunt a little bit you can get cars worth 12-16k. I won't sell a car under 10 grand, waste of the time limit if you ask me.

How are you doing that? Any higher than 9k and the mod shop says it's too hot for them
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2013, 01:53:01 pm »

Only if you're going real low-end, from what I've seen. If you hunt a little bit you can get cars worth 12-16k. I won't sell a car under 10 grand, waste of the time limit if you ask me.

How are you doing that? Any higher than 9k and the mod shop says it's too hot for them

I tend to get lucky in my finds, I guess. I've only been denied moneys once. Oh, and for an "easy" 16k find do the mission for Lester where you need to explode all the police vehicles. The car next to the grenades can be sold if it survives the mission. I think cost of the vehicle might change if it's modified/not stock, haven't actually looked into it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2013, 03:44:37 pm »

My race boosting friend has informed me that if you win in a Super car race... it counts as a win for ALL car classes.  In regards to unlocks for customizing/modding cars.  Not the same for the rest.

Shenanigans in my opinion, to favor one class of vehicle in the racing thing like that.  I prefer knocking people sideways in my SUV.

I tend to get lucky in my finds, I guess. I've only been denied moneys once. Oh, and for an "easy" 16k find do the mission for Lester where you need to explode all the police vehicles. The car next to the grenades can be sold if it survives the mission. I think cost of the vehicle might change if it's modified/not stock, haven't actually looked into it.
Max I've seen is 7k.  I've not seen anything inbetween that and 'too hot'.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2013, 04:45:26 pm »

Highest I've seen is 9.5k for the Felon GT. I've found this image helps in actually recognising some of the vehicles which aren't part of missions (along with the payouts).

Regarding money, I'm just holding out for the 500k stimulus package coming out this month so selling cars seems a little pointless to me at the moment.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 16, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »

I get good money from selling oracles. Around $8000.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2013, 12:37:06 am »

...GTA 5 is one of the best single player games...

Really?

You must be playing some really, really poor games.

They could have done so much more with the heists, and I don't understand why they're splitting things between three characters in the first place. They're pandering to the casuals, and that just sucks ass.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2013, 08:16:56 am »

Really?

You must be playing some really, really poor games.

They could have done so much more with the heists, and I don't understand why they're splitting things between three characters in the first place. They're pandering to the casuals, and that just sucks ass.

I've always thought GTA was a pretty casual experience. Indeed, one of THE most casual, which is why it is so accessible for people of all backgrounds. Keep in mind though that when I posted that comment I hadn't completed the game yet and hadn't experienced the general drop in quality that begins after you meet Madrazo or so, and I hadn't quite realised that there were only about six heists. The story was what I was enjoying the most, but I made sure I hadn't spoiled anything at all before I picked up the game.

I also really enjoyed the three protagonists thing though, but only really the interaction between Trevor and Michael. Franklin is a bit of a lame duck without much to keep him interesting. I would have preferred Lamar.

But I would still to an extent rank GTA 5 in my top 5 games I've played in single player in the last 4 years, not counting the more "underground" stuff. If you think GTA 5 is "casualised" take a look at the mind numbing decline in the standard of games coming out of Valve - 10 year old engine + cell shading + hats = monetary success. These are the guys that made Half Life for god's sake, now look at them.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:26:51 am by Owlbread »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:33 am »

But I would still to an extent rank GTA 5 in my top 5 games I've played in single player in the last 4 years, not counting the more "underground" stuff. If you think GTA 5 is "casualised" take a look at the mind numbing decline in the standard of games coming out of Valve - 10 year old engine + cell shading + hats = monetary success. These are the guys that made Half Life for god's sake, now look at them.
That is a 5 year old game, though, and you're conveniently ignoring 10% of their portfolio.

Then again, the casualized discussion is kind off silly. Especially in regard to TF2, which was never hardcore to begin with.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 20, 2013, 09:28:24 am »

That is a 5 year old game, though, and you're conveniently ignoring 10% of their portfolio.

Then again, the casualized discussion is kind off silly. Especially in regard to TF2, which was never hardcore to begin with.

I was actually thinking of TF2, CS:GO, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Alien Swarm (but that was free from the start). I can't think of anything else Valve have even done in the last few years. I especially object to the change in art style from Episode 1 to Episode 2 with the smoothed down vortigaunts and general departure from visual realism to something that was more stylised.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:30:31 am by Owlbread »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 07, 2013, 06:41:42 pm »

Sliding down hills looks pretty hilarious too.

Is the swing-set bug in GTA5 still?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 07, 2013, 06:44:50 pm »

Not so much a swing-set, but there's an automatic sliding door that if you ram your car into just right, when it retracts you'll go flying.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 08, 2013, 03:15:17 am »

Not so much a swing-set, but there's an automatic sliding door that if you ram your car into just right, when it retracts you'll go flying.
Unfortunately, if you collide with something at a high speed with your car, it will explode, so you can't bent cars in hilarious ways like in GTA IV.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:28 am »

Oh, I suppose it's finally coming.
Quote from: RPS
The blurb says it will boast “across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail,” with “increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions.” Extra wildlife, fancier weather, and other bits and bobs are promised over the original releases too.
If they do things like increase the variety of vehicles in traffic instead of trying to make the game 'look prettier' then I can sort of accept it...? I mean, I don't see how that would warrant such a delay. If they delay it for too long it's going to look 'not pretty' compared to other things coming out, so they should focus on the density and AI of stuff rather than actual graphics. Plus there's the whole bit where nobody really cares much about GTA5 anymore, or have already played it on their console machines.

I watched a playthrough of this and there were only about 4 or 5 different kinds of car on the road at any given time, things like that could be improved.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:04:15 am by OzyTheSage »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2014, 12:10:26 pm »

I'm still waiting for multiplayer heists, unless it is out already.  But I guess we can't have nice things.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2014, 12:14:21 pm »

Oh geez, I completely forgot that was even a promise they made. I haven't played in forever.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38