Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52700 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2013, 02:05:17 am »

We should have a rollcall as to who is on what console... and who actually has it working, I guess.
Managed to buy a small garage out in the sticks earlier, and I've got just about enough cash to purchase a Hexxer, which I have discovered is pretty much the most amazing vehicle in the game. :D

Edit: Oh yeah, I play on PS3.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:15:06 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2013, 05:09:15 am »

I'm on 360, and when I can actually log in, it works fine. Got past the tutorial and whatnot.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2013, 05:12:49 am »

Maybe in game names too. I'm past the tutorial and playi g on the ps3 as timferius.

EDIT: Story time! Amusing moment from last night. I was pulling up to a convience store in the middle of the desert to liberate some funding from them, when two pre-teen punks burn up to me on a motor bike and shoot up the front tire and hood of my freshly painted car. I burn out of there to prevent being a stationary target, and they pull up to the same convenience store, obviously trying to swoop in on my funding. So I u-turn and start driving towards them at high speed, leading to a high speed chase over mountains where, somehow, my muscle car with flat tires managed to keep up. As I crest a hill I notice they're on foot (must have hit a tree or something), so I shoot one down, and drive after the other. All while they're swearing at me over the voice. Vengence is sweet. (and thus ends my rambling).

EDIT THE SECOND: the PS3 Update is out now, XBOX later today! Hopefully it fixes most of these issues people be having, and we have a good weekend!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:24:10 am by timferius »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »

1.2 seems to fix a lot of issues. I don't seem to have trouble joining or hosting jobs anymore, and I get into sessions pretty smoothly, although that hasn't been tested during prime time hours yet obviously. But, the first issue hit me even at 3AM, so the fact that I can actually join and host jobs is improvement enough for me. Primetime is when I play my games that have low enough pops to be ghost towns during off hours anyway.  :P However it did nuke my character, but since I always put all my $ into the bank, It wasn't that big a loss. He was only lvl 6 anyway.

With all that said however, It greet you from Los Santos. City where the sun always shines, even when it's raining.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

#RockfordHills #DorsetDr #rainy #stillsomesun
#motorcyclerain #perfecthair

Yes, I AM having way too much fun with Snapmatic and the Social Club Website. I do need to get back to level 5 (I think) to get the hairdo he had before getting nuked. That widow's peak ain't doin it for me.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2013, 01:04:23 pm »

Character wipe? Damn, good thing I didn't play too much last night. Looking forward to a more stable night tonight. Maybe even playing with more B12 people. Everytime i tried to find someone their games were all full.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2013, 01:18:12 pm »

City where the sun always shines, even when it's raining

I'd hate to kill the joke.

But that is more then possible... In fact it is quite common.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2013, 01:32:36 pm »

What multiplayer really needs is proximity chat unless you're grouped. It's annoying to hear several people talking together while playing on the other side of the map.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »

City where the sun always shines, even when it's raining

I'd hate to kill the joke.

But that is more then possible... In fact it is quite common.

IRL, in western Washington at least we frequently get a late Spring or early Fall rainstorm in the middle of the day with full sunshine. The glare is intense, like you need snow goggles. Or, I guess, sunglasses - although nobody around here needs them most of the time.

That's one thing I noticed when I went on a trip to California - instead of everyone carrying little pop-up umbrellas they all carry sunglasses. And the proportion of tinted windows is incredible!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:37 pm »

Character wipe? Damn, good thing I didn't play too much last night. Looking forward to a more stable night tonight. Maybe even playing with more B12 people. Everytime i tried to find someone their games were all full.

I'm not sure if it was a proper character wipe, or if my character just met a horrible death during one of the cloud server meltdowns. Either way, money in the bank is tied to PSN/XBLA, not character, so as long as your money is there you're safe.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 04, 2013, 01:46:07 pm »

I'm not sure if it was a proper character wipe, or if my character just met a horrible death during one of the cloud server meltdowns. Either way, money in the bank is tied to PSN/XBLA, not character, so as long as your money is there you're safe.

Uhh... ya, about that...
Oh well, hadn't earned all that much yet.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »

Road rage is not a sudden event. A driver doesn't become a maniac and whack somebody because he got cut off in traffic. It's a continual erosion of mental stability caused by every. single. damn. bad. driver. A bridge does not collapse because a minuscule tongue of water dislodged a grain of sand, but because that was the last grain of sand holding it up.

In this way, my conspiracy hypothesis is that content-control networks like XBLA, Steam, etc. either cause malfunctions in certain ways to encourage people to use their services, or build failsafes in the right places but purposefully not in others. Losing your cash OR getting to keep your cash in a GTA game won't make you change your feelings about the network. But subtly, imperceptibly, one errant tangle of neurons has just made you feel a tiny bit better about the network. Eventually your "gut reaction" has been modified to the point that perhaps even conscious examination of your feelings can't give you an accurate analysis of the situation.

Death by a thousand cuts? No, death by a million bugs.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2013, 03:28:52 pm »

Oh yeah, I play on PS3, with the name Rocket_Carrot.
I've been lucky enough not to lose my character. Have a small garage, a Hexxer motorbike and a Faggio scooter. All red, to match my outfit.

Just now I was playing on a separate account though, since I'm pretty much dozing off. :P My unemployable self is sinking an unhealthy number of hours into this game. Oh well. Gonna get some sleep and do it all again tonight!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2013, 07:43:04 pm »

I'm BlueFarce on PSN - character name uhh.  Moory, I think.

I need to figure out where I can dump my derpy car.  I don't wanna leave it around to get impounded or lose that free insurance on it, but every time I'm fucking around to get some dosh for a garage some dick pulls a driveby and blows out my tires, and it becomes worthless.  And new tires are expensive.  and fragile.  <_>

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »

I'm BlueFarce on PSN - character name uhh.  Moory, I think.

I need to figure out where I can dump my derpy car.  I don't wanna leave it around to get impounded or lose that free insurance on it, but every time I'm fucking around to get some dosh for a garage some dick pulls a driveby and blows out my tires, and it becomes worthless.  And new tires are expensive.  and fragile.  <_>
Just do a mission/log out and back in.  Currently that has provided me with many free repairs.  As long as the car is tagged and insured you can never lose it completely.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »

So, either I found a bug or one of the greatest secret features of GTA: Online.

The east most hospital in LS has two helipads that usually have the medical version of the police maverick.  This time though I get up there to find a Cargobob, with functioning lift hook.
The next half-hour I spend going around 'helping' people.  Got 2 friend requests and probably made just as many enemies.  Chased one guy who had a 5k bounty for over 2 minutes until another player finally got him.  Then gave that player a lift after they robbed a store so they could get away from the cops.

They just kept spawning every time I went back.  So if they keep spawning there I know what I'm going to spend my time in free-roam doing from now on.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38