Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52640 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2013, 12:23:30 am »

Turns out if you keep robbing stores in a row the amount of stars you get when you do rob one increases,or it may be if more stores are being robbed by players.  I had a fun romp through the desert escaping my 3 stars in my buffalo, followed by a less successful endeavor with 4 stars at the next store.

Now my car sits in the impound, no doors, only one tire, no working lights.  The cops are threatening to destroy it, I say let them i'll just get another.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2013, 12:15:53 pm »

For anyone who cares, my issue deffinitly isn't on my side. Checking out Rockstars support page, this is a common issue (only with the first mission in this case). They have a few work arounds I'll try (including just trying again later) as well as the ones mentioned here, hope to get this going tonight! Really glad it's not a problem with my though.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 03, 2013, 12:20:13 pm »

I had that problem for hours yesterday.  I fixed it by first removing the update, deleting and starting a new character solo.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2013, 04:53:53 pm »

-snip-

I think it's sufficient to say that this gamemode isn't my cup of tea at all. What were they smoking when they designed the character creation? It is the worst I have ever seen in a computer game, I'm sad to say. The whole "race" thing at the start basically means I can't play this game in solo mode until I find someone I can race against, even though I can't connect to the main rockstar servers because they're so terrible. I can't play this gamemode it seems, I just can't.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:00:51 pm by Owlbread »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2013, 05:01:18 pm »

I gotta say, that owlbread looks hell of delicious.

Haven't they learned from TES games that everyone prefers custom character generation over answering a few dumb questions?

"A snake crawled out of the campfire and started eating your toe. Did you:
a. Attack it
b. Negotiate
c. Cast a spell
d. I'm a Thief!"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 03, 2013, 05:02:54 pm »

But... the whole "heritage" thing... it just doesn't make any sense. Why can't I be who I want to be? Why can't I be a survivalist old coot with a white beard? Why do I have to have some badly drawn ambiguous staining around my face for facial hair and a choice of brown, light brown or blonde hair for my skinny-jeans/grey-suit-jacket-and-trainers wearing try-hard hipster gimp? Why can't I decide to thin my face a bit without going through the laborious process of choosing my fucking grandmother, relying on an image smaller than a thimble?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:08:36 pm by Owlbread »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2013, 05:08:37 pm »

But... the whole "heritage" thing... it just doesn't make any sense. Why can't I be who I want to be? Why can't I be a survivalist old coot with a white beard? Why do I have to have some badly designed staining around my face for facial hair and a choice of brown, light brown or blonde hair for my skinny-jeans/grey suit wearing try-hard hipster gimp? Why can't I decide to thin my face a bit without going through the laborious process of choosing my fucking grandmother, relying on an image smaller than a thimble?

I completely agree with you. There is nothing in your post that I do not agree with.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »

It's so depressing because GTA 5 is one of the best single player games I have played in a long time. GTA Online on the other hand is very underwhelming indeed, to say the least at this point.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »

I've been enjoying GTA:O despite the difficulties I had at the start simply because I've managed to land myself in games with good natured randoms rather than scumbag douches. Haven't managed to get any games with crew members yet though, I assume it doesn't want me to be placed with them because they're either PS3 based or located too far from me physically for a good connection.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 03, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »

I'm loving GTA:O at the moment. Like serephe I've been put with friendly strangers so it's been awesome. Even without voice chat. I had one drive up to me in a car and I fully expected him to flatten me. Instead, he pulled up and beeped the horn. I got in and he took us to a store which we then held up together and had a stand off with the cops. It was awesome. Also, the missions and jobs are awesome, too. I get the feeling that the early ranks are quite sparse in content, but there'll be a flood as you rank up. I know for a fact that eventually you can call in Merryweather to assist/extract you.

My only issue other than the current connection problems and server shenanigans is the fact that you have to sit through the massive loading screen into singleplayer, to select multiplayer, to sit through the massive loading screen for multiplayer. What happened to good old fashioned main menus?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 03, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »

-snip-

I think it's sufficient to say that this gamemode isn't my cup of tea at all. What were they smoking when they designed the character creation? It is the worst I have ever seen in a computer game, I'm sad to say. The whole "race" thing at the start basically means I can't play this game in solo mode until I find someone I can race against, even though I can't connect to the main rockstar servers because they're so terrible. I can't play this gamemode it seems, I just can't.

Just so you know, the race thing isn't anything to do with finding people, since it's against Lamar only, if you go to the rockstar support site, they have some work arounds to get the first race working while they're fixing the problem.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 03, 2013, 06:14:49 pm »

"A snake crawled out of the campfire and started eating your toe. Did you:
a. Attack it
b. Negotiate
c. Cast a spell
d. I'm a Thief!"

im sigging this!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 03, 2013, 07:04:02 pm »

My only issue other than the current connection problems and server shenanigans is the fact that you have to sit through the massive loading screen into singleplayer, to select multiplayer, to sit through the massive loading screen for multiplayer. What happened to good old fashioned main menus?

When you first boot the game up, there's a prompt during the loading screen to press a button to switch between loading up SP or MP as your first thing. It's X on PS3. It's easy to miss if you're the type to get up and grab a drink while waiting for the massive loading time instead of staring at the artwork for the 100th time.

Of course that doesn't help if you fail to load in and get booted back to SP, but that's another matter entirely.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 03, 2013, 07:11:55 pm »

Haven't they learned from TES games that everyone prefers custom character generation over answering a few dumb questions?

Ehh it is more that you cannot have it both ways.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 03, 2013, 08:39:12 pm »

I'm in!

EDIT: Played a bit. Even did a few missions with someone from here. (Whoever is Urist McMountain). Not much lag, though load times can leave a bit to be desired. I inneptly ran from the cops in one mission, so I appologize.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:34:21 pm by timferius »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38