Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52727 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »

So, apparently that military surplus site wasn't a scam. I spent $3 million of Trevor's cut from the final heist on a tank, plus a smaller amount I honestly forget on the attack chopper and... they actually delivered them to his airstrip hangar/helipad.

Gotta love gun control in the GTAverse. So loose you can fit a tank through the loopholes.  :P

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2013, 06:37:49 am »

Fair warning guys, I head on the news on the drive in (oddly) that apparently Rockstar are looking in to an issue with cars vanishing from garages. Just sat down at work, so don't have further details as of yet.

EDIT: http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/23/gta-5-vanishing-car-glitch-fix-incoming-rockstar-advises-against-garage-use/

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2013, 08:12:39 am »

How did you not even mention the whole 'if your car flips upside down you can flip it back on its wheels by turning the wheel hard enough'
Gyros.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2013, 10:52:28 am »

Fair warning guys, I head on the news on the drive in (oddly) that apparently Rockstar are looking in to an issue with cars vanishing from garages. Just sat down at work, so don't have further details as of yet.

EDIT: http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/23/gta-5-vanishing-car-glitch-fix-incoming-rockstar-advises-against-garage-use/

This is an old problem from past GTA's. I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to fix it.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2013, 11:02:45 am »

This is an old problem from past GTA's. I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to fix it.

I imagine they haven't fixed it because until now, nobody actually cared. Sure you could save a car in your garage in earlier games, but once they got destroyed or misplaced, that was it. Gone! So what's the point even.

But now that you actually can save the damn things, people are noticing,

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2013, 11:53:39 am »

I imagine they haven't fixed it because until now, nobody actually cared. Sure you could save a car in your garage in earlier games, but once they got destroyed or misplaced, that was it. Gone! So what's the point even.

But now that you actually can save the damn things, people are noticing,

The point was not destroying your car that you placed in your garage because you couldn't just pop a new one in the garage. You had to go look for another in a certain part of town OR protect the one you had because you had one.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2013, 09:02:50 am »

So the rockstar site is finally responsive enough to get things done with the crews. I set it to open, so you should be able to just join it without me having to individually approve every one of you. Also you can join up to 5 crews, so don't worry about being limited to just us. And the limit is 300 members, so both Xbox and PS3 (And PC in 6-8 months) are welcome. Link's in my sig.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:04:39 am by Silent_Thunder »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:57 am »

GTA Online will feature micro-transactions.
It'll be possible to buy in-game money with real money, like in other MMOGs.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2013, 11:09:17 am »

Oh yay, Pay 2 Win in console multiplayer now. gg Rockstar, gg.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2013, 11:11:07 am »

It's actually been there. Ever hear of Happy Wars?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2013, 11:18:05 am »

Wow, I don't own the game and somehow I feel betrayed. It is an odd sensation.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2013, 11:21:03 am »

Is there even an ingame economy though? I mean yeah you can buy buisness and stuff, but you aren't actually trading with other players. I don't even see the point of this. I mean of some asshole wants to spend an extra $10 to unlock a car that I could just, ya know, grab off of an NPC for free, or buy another safe house that again, has little in game effect, I say let the dumb bastard do it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2013, 11:22:05 am »

Is there even an ingame economy though? I mean yeah you can buy buisness and stuff, but you aren't actually trading with other players. I don't even see the point of this. I mean of some asshole wants to spend an extra $10 to unlock a car that I could just, ya know, grab off of an NPC for free, or buy another safe house that again, has little in game effect, I say let the dumb bastard do it.
It's for the online portion.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2013, 11:25:10 am »

It's for the online portion.

Yes I know, but again, there's been no sign of an actual player driven economy. You aren't buying items and trading them to other players, and collecting rare loot like +3 sword of bullshit like say, a RMAH in Diablo. It's just been cars, and safehouses, and guns. You know the shit any competent player can get their hands on rather early. I'm more concerned with the news that weapons are tied to rank up than the fact that people can buy the guns with real cash once they reach those ranks.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2013, 11:30:25 am »

Maybe you can't buy weapons easily without spending the real money?

I'm not sure what to think about it. I'm not going to judge before I know the details, Rockstar has enough credit in my book to give them a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38