Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52704 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

Every single NPC is so terribly annoying, I want to murder them so very much

Just like terrible horror movies this feel rather intentional.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2013, 11:16:13 am »

Ohhh man. I've watched a couple trailers, and as much as the single player holds no appeal for me-- I think I'm gonna have to get this just for all the multiplayer options. If it's anything like what's promised, at least...

I'm curious to know if the multiplayer component will be available to buy separately, or if I need to buy the entire game.
Either way, I give up. Screw you guys, you win. I have to buy this. D:

EDIT:
Quote from: IGN article
...custom character backgrounds which determine starting location...

Aaaaughgghh Damnit okay time to change my pants.  :o
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:20:17 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2013, 11:20:26 am »

Ohhh man. I've watched a couple trailers, and as much as the single player holds no appeal for me-- I think I'm gonna have to get this just for all the multiplayer options. If it's anything like what's promised, at least...

I'm curious to know if the multiplayer component will be available to buy separately, or if I need to buy the entire game.
Either way, I give up. Screw you guys, you win. I have to buy this. D:

The Multiplayer doesn't launch until next Tuesday, so I would hold out until at least then to get player feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually becomes availible sepeartly, every time they talk about it it's stuff like "Owners of GTA V get acces to GTA Online FREE!" Which makes it sound like a seperate entity.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:27 am »

I'll need to find the source, but I recall hearing that GTA:O will be available separately. However, I think the single player was worth the price alone.

Then again, I'd better be happy with it, what with the no internet at my home like some caveman.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:27 am »

The Multiplayer doesn't launch until next Tuesday, so I would hold out until at least then to get player feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually becomes availible sepeartly, every time they talk about it it's stuff like "Owners of GTA V get acces to GTA Online FREE!" Which makes it sound like a seperate entity.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
I doubt any amount of feedback is going to make a lot of the confirmed features any less appealing to me, though- I am a total sucker for character customization. :-[ And from I'm reading, there is a lot of that involved here.
...At this rate my drycleaning bill is gonna cost as much as the game itself. Ooof.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:27:11 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2013, 11:43:22 am »

Id say this is the best single player experience in GTA so far, great characters, humor and missions gives a laugh a minute.

A bit pissed at cartwheeling my car into the sea 2 mins after spending over 100k on upgrades tho lol.

Should maybe get a DF GTA 5 crew/clan together for when MP gets turned on.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:45:23 am by foil »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2013, 12:44:58 pm »

Threw together a crew for us. If we decide we don't like the name or motto or anything we can always delete it and restart it, but I just wanted to get it organized as soon as possible.

Was already ahead of you man.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bay_12

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2013, 12:56:39 pm »

A bit pissed at cartwheeling my car into the sea 2 mins after spending over 100k on upgrades tho lol.

Wait, you can't retrieve cars after you upgrade them? That feels a little bit off. Cars don't last long enough in GTA games to just drop a few hundred grand on one every time you lose one.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:22 pm »

Wait, you can't retrieve cars after you upgrade them? That feels a little bit off. Cars don't last long enough in GTA games to just drop a few hundred grand on one every time you lose one.

You need to save them at your garage first IIRC. He probably was on his way to the garage when he wrecked it. Dunno, I just fully upgraded everyone's "Cannon" cars. So Micheal's Sedan (Got him that $10 million 1940s car after the final heist though, and fully upgraded that. Felt it fit him.), Trevor's Pickup Truck, and Franklin's Super Car and Bike are what I dumped my cash into as far as custom vehicles.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:31:17 pm by Silent_Thunder »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »

You need to save them at your garage first IIRC. He probably was on his way to the garage when he wrecked it. Dunno, I just fully upgraded everyone's "Cannon" cars. So Micheal's Sedan (Got him that $10 million 1940s car after the final heist though, and fully upgraded that. Felt it fit him.), Trevor's Pickup Truck, and Franklin's Super Car and Bike are what I dumped my cash into as far as custom vehicles.

Wait, you got over 10 MILLION Dollars from the first Heist???:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2013, 01:43:06 pm »

You misread that. I said final heist.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »

Umm... wow. I need to get my eyes checked (actually been trying to get a hold of my eyedoctor today! Coincidence?). Carry on, nothing to see here.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »

Umm... wow. I need to get my eyes checked (actually been trying to get a hold of my eyedoctor today! Coincidence?). Carry on, nothing to see here.

Eye see what you did there...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2013, 02:02:28 pm »

Eye see what you did there...

Usually there was a water polo game
And a girl who could talk with her eyes.
And she'd say, "Can you see what I'm saying?"
And the horns kicked in
And my shoes started to squeak
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2013, 02:34:49 pm »

Some people at reddit have stumbled upon early GTA V changelogs in the PS3 version's files.
They can be found here.

They list all development builds since April 2009 and shed some light on the development of the game. Glitches found on both the PS3 and XBOX 360 are listed. In June 2012, the PC version and its glitches are mentioned for the first time.

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38