Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52701 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2013, 06:26:16 pm »

Does GTA V have usable public transport? I liked the subway in GTA IV.

I think I read that GTA V has jackable trains again. Can anyone with the game confirm if this is true or false?
Love, scriver~

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2013, 06:42:59 pm »

I think I saw some of those tram cars in a video, but I don't know if they're ridable or even drivable.

You can fly a 747 so I assume you'd be able to drive a tram.

EDIT: It's a tram not a trolley. Derp
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:44:41 pm by OzyTheSage »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »

I will say it's a bit sad to see where all the celebs from GTA lore have ended up these days. I mean Lazlo has been a wreck since, San Andreas at least (Chronologically speaking) but Jack Howitzer has hit rock bottom. His segment on the TV is worth the admission alone as far as reason to watch the ingame TV.

Least Fernando is still Fernando from what I've heard on the radio.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »

So... Is this coming out on PC or not? Or is it as of yet unknown?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »

It hasn't even been announced yet, but there's been some folks that have looked into the game files and found some hints that there will be a PC version. Best find another game to cool your heels over until they release it in a year or so.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2013, 07:39:22 pm »

GTA III: Consoles - October 2001    PC - May 2002
GTA Vice City: Consoles - October 2002    PC - May 2003
GTA San Andreas: Consoles - October 2004    PC - June 2005
GTA IV: Consoles - April 2008    PC - December 2008

So it stands to reason that it should be around

GTA V: Consoles - September 2013    PC - April - June 2014

That said V should be a smoother port job than IV, if only because V runs way better than IV as it stands on consoles. (Seriously, boot up IV if you still have it and compare it during heavy fights/chases. I've never seen V stutter the way IV could) Then add the fact that Console specs are the exact same while our PCs are 5 years better, and the port should be smooth sailing. I mean I can still see them fucking up PC controls, especially since they've gone heavy on the radial menus, but GTA really is a "Plug in the gamepad" type game anyway.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:44:21 pm by Silent_Thunder »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2013, 12:55:40 am »

GTA III: Consoles - October 2001    PC - May 2002
GTA Vice City: Consoles - October 2002    PC - May 2003
GTA San Andreas: Consoles - October 2004    PC - June 2005
GTA IV: Consoles - April 2008    PC - December 2008

So it stands to reason that it should be around

GTA V: Consoles - September 2013    PC - April - June 2014

That said V should be a smoother port job than IV, if only because V runs way better than IV as it stands on consoles. (Seriously, boot up IV if you still have it and compare it during heavy fights/chases. I've never seen V stutter the way IV could) Then add the fact that Console specs are the exact same while our PCs are 5 years better, and the port should be smooth sailing. I mean I can still see them fucking up PC controls, especially since they've gone heavy on the radial menus, but GTA really is a "Plug in the gamepad" type game anyway.
Previous GTA's were used to promote consoles. The days of current generation consoles are almost over, so there is no need for R* to delay it for this reason, unless they'll have to delay it to promote Xbox One or Playstation 4.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2013, 03:16:39 am »

Well, there WERE signs pointing to the PS4 in the version files.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2013, 03:41:22 am »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2013, 04:09:27 am »

This is now my favourite feature in GTA V.
Aww, I've always wanted something like that :D

I think that the pc version would be detrimental to selling the current gen consoles, especially now that their time is soon to end, its logical that now is the last chance to really sell them and GTA V is the killer app that makes people buy them. I asked about GTA V pc version in gamestop and they explained how it will come late and be buggy and that I should buy console instead, and that they would give GTA V with it if I would.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2013, 04:15:42 am »

GTA V: World's best asshole simulator since tossing stuff at people in Half-Life 2.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2013, 04:20:18 am »

The last two are great.

Also, yes, that too also is one of my favorite things.  Though, I don't think I've gotten any awesome ones like those.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2013, 06:17:23 am »

I think that the pc version would be detrimental to selling the current gen consoles, especially now that their time is soon to end, its logical that now is the last chance to really sell them and GTA V is the killer app that makes people buy them. I asked about GTA V pc version in gamestop and they explained how it will come late and be buggy and that I should buy console instead, and that they would give GTA V with it if I would.
If there's not going to be a PC version, there will be a LOT of bitching and rage.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2013, 06:43:55 am »

If there's not going to be a PC version, there will be a LOT of bitching and rage.
There is already a lot of bitching and rage over the lack of PC version.
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2013, 11:43:04 am »

Does GTA V have usable public transport? I liked the subway in GTA IV.

I think I read that GTA V has jackable trains again. Can anyone with the game confirm if this is true or false?
I tried twice to hijack trains while they were in motion, and could only shoot the conductor through the window. Perhaps you can hijack them while in station, but definitely not in motion. 
The damage simulation in this game is really great, I hit a car with a truck and one of its wheels actually came off, leaving the car severely damaged where I hit it but otherwise fine (though of course incapable of movement) and it didn't even clip the terrain!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38