Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52610 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is coming out next month.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 06:18:46 pm »

In other news, I'm one of those heathens who's only touched the GTA series every once in a great while. I think the last one I played was Vice City, but even as a kid I thought it was kinda boring after a while.

GTA5 is the first one that's actually caught my interest. Here's hoping for some good fun.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 07:57:40 pm »

Will give impressions once I get my copy.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 08:00:20 pm »

And not earlier? Goodness la di da, big boy too lazy to build a time machine and use that to go into the past to give us the impression of the game before it is out.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 08:03:15 pm »

And not earlier? Goodness la di da, big boy too lazy to build a time machine and use that to go into the past to give us the impression of the game before it is out.

You know what happened to my time machine.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 09:10:23 pm »

GTAV? I'm surprised anyone's playing it. I'm not even sure what they were thinking, releasing on the same day as the hotly-anticipated new Hot Wheels game.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 09:14:34 pm »

I've... never played GTA games. Ever.
I liked the Saint's Rows, but they're different than GTA. I dunno, I'd probably enjoy it. I might try one out, soon.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »

Let's hope the PC version gets playtested properly this time. After you patch it there's a lot of features that the console version didn't have (Movie maker/retroactive recording, the ability to be Superman/Iron Man/Vaas via mods, and THE MOON) but off the CD it was nearly unplayable due to lag (on my PC at least).

Though it's worth noting that GTAIV had the best multiplayer experience I know of, so I'm probably going to pick this up when I have a PC to run it on.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 10:20:15 pm »

Just got back from playing it at a friend's house. I really liked it; it has the look and feel of GTA 4, but recaptured a lot of the fun of San Andreas.
An account of my adventures, the spoilers aren't secrets or story stuff; just shenanigans:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 10:27:28 pm »

It's so much better than IV it's almost like it's not even the same series. Seriously, I was very skeptical but I have been playing a review copy for two days straight and I am halfway done. The multiplayer won't be available for 2 weeks but it looks like the best MP experience since Team Fortress. I can't say enough good things about it and while I am sure I will find some stuff to complain about in a week or so, right now I am calling it the best game of 2013 hands down and it was a good year for games. The writing is actually good. GTA has always had pretty good dialogue but now they have good writing. Also, the heist system is a lot of fun and really thought out. I can actually almost see how they spent $200 million dollars

OK, one complaint, the objectifying of women is still over the top, but it doesn't upset me because I understand the entire game over exaggerates all flaws of society to make a not so subtle social commentary.

SO. FUCKING. GOOD.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 10:42:56 pm »

Is it silly like the earlier GTA games, or does it add on to the improvements that 4 had?
I hated the old GTA games like San Andreas. It was so horribly silly, just running happily along with akimbo machine pistols, bullets pinging harmlessly off your tattooed shirtless body. GTA4 was a step in the right direction, but it was still pretty over-the-top.
Somehow I doubt they went further in a 'gritty crime drama' direction in this one. :P
...Sadly I'll probably end up buying it anyway, since my friend will want to multiplayer with we. *sigh*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »

Is it the greyish brown "serious" game that GTA 4 was?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 12:08:17 am »

Is it silly like the earlier GTA games, or does it add on to the improvements that 4 had?
I hated the old GTA games like San Andreas. It was so horribly silly, just running happily along with akimbo machine pistols

You die real easy but one character does just rampage and shoot everything.

OK, one complaint, the objectifying of women is still over the top, but it doesn't upset me because I understand the entire game over exaggerates all flaws of society to make a not so subtle social commentary.

It's basically Los Angeles, so par for the course. Over exaggerate? Nooooooo.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 12:23:56 am »

Yeah, I'm sure everyone buys GTA for their high quality social commentary. Lol.

I played GTA for like 5 minutes once at a friend's house and that is it. Those games are super dumb.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 01:10:48 am »

So you know nothing about GTA.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:59 am »

So you know nothing about GTA.

I said I PLAYED it for 5 minutes. Like, me personally. I've seen it played for much longer. And I've read about plenty, kinda hard to avoid unless you only go on niche gaming sites.

Just because I think its stupid doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38