Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52647 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2013, 06:36:20 am »

GTA 5 is actually that good though that people can't really find much fault in it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2013, 06:42:46 am »

I don't recall anyone discussing any legitimate faults in my TLoU thread either, though. :P
It was more just "oh yuck, console exclusive, PASS". Oh well.

To be more on-topic: I will probably end up being pressured into buying this by friends, for the multiplayer.
Going to wait until I can get a pre-owned copy, though... or maybe one that fell off the back of a truck somewhere.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2013, 06:51:37 am »

I'm going to buy the PC version on top of my PS3 version. It wasn't that expensive and it allows me to enjoy the game on release. I understand some people stick to the PC religiously but I have to say they've really pushed that console to the limit; the graphics are probably the best you'll see on that console. The PC will blow it out of the water any day, but for the time-being you won't be too limited with the PS3 or xbox 360.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2013, 07:04:42 am »

My new favorite thing is Wade's answering machine thing.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2013, 07:20:09 am »

I'm going to buy the PC version, because I don't have a console and will not have it. They are ridiculously overpriced here, costing more than a decent gaming PC.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2013, 07:48:31 am »

You can get a PC that would probably run the game when it's ported for the price of the console version. >__________>

Meatspace retailers have truly horrid margins here.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2013, 09:50:20 am »

You can get a PC that would probably run the game when it's ported for the price of the console version. >__________>

I don't understand you, do you mean that a PC that can run GTA V costs the same as the console game itself?

Does GTA V have usable public transport? I liked the subway in GTA IV. 
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2013, 09:56:15 am »

I don't understand you, do you mean that a PC that can run GTA V costs the same as the console game itself?

Does GTA V have usable public transport? I liked the subway in GTA IV. 
I know you can use taxis. Haven't noticed any subways/trains yet though, but I'm not that far. Deffinitly keep my eye out for it.
What it DOES come with, is a pilotable blimp (only availible with new purchases by using provided download code - or, I imagine, at a cost if you don't have the code because you bought it used).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2013, 09:59:56 am »

I find it sad that The Last of Us was trashed so badly on here for being a "generic wallhumping console cover shooter" whilst yet another GTA game comes out-- only on console as of yet-- and not a bad word is said about it. :-\ Next there'll be a Call of Duty thread on here and y'all will be spouting phrases like "360 no-scoping" and "ermagerd campers".

That last bit's not entirely serious. I hope.
If you don't like GTA, you can just say it out loud, you know.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2013, 10:22:30 am »

What?
Erm, alrighty then. I don't like GTA. I'm not entirely sure how that fact is relevant to the thread, though... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2013, 10:28:10 am »

I don't agree with the delayed PC release of GTA V, but I do like the series and I think I'm going to enjoy the game itself. You don't have to hate GTA IV to not agree with the idea of delayed PC releases.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2013, 10:29:29 am »

Yeah but given the number of games I got on the PC which were poor ports of the console versions (Skyrim for example...) I think I'd accept a delayed release if they were simply updating it for the computer.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2013, 10:31:28 am »

But the thing is, they're developing it on computers. It shouldn't be that they port it to PCs: PCs should happen first for ease of testing, then ported to consoles. Preferably, both should be released at the same time. It just feels ridiculous.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

But the thing is, they're developing it on computers. It shouldn't be that they port it to PCs: PCs should happen first for ease of testing, then ported to consoles. Preferably, both should be released at the same time. It just feels ridiculous.

I think they are giving priority to the medium that will make them the most money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2013, 10:36:42 am »

I know. But that's not a good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38