Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: what to do about people infected by werebeasts  (Read 2870 times)

Brutalanusmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
what to do about people infected by werebeasts
« on: August 01, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »

A weremongoose mauled someone and their baby and they lived. Now I don't know what to do with them. Shes a master dodger so i don't think a danger room would work and i'am terrible with utilizing magma and don't want screw up my fort. How do I get rid of this dwarf?

Anathe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what to do about people infected by werebeasts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:35:29 pm »

Execution tower onto menacing spikes.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

Harness their mongoose powers and use them as a defence, train them to be useful in dwarf form and make sure they stay away from your dwarves.

Brutalanusmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:49:21 pm »

She turned and got her chopped off by the militia but not before spreading the infection to some peasant. Whats interesting is the baby didn't transform and it did get bit. I guess babies can't transform.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:55:04 pm »

She turned and got her chopped off by the militia but not before spreading the infection to some peasant. Whats interesting is the baby didn't transform and it did get bit. I guess babies can't transform.
Infect all of them then! This is a wonderful opportunity you have here! You could have a defence force of mongeese!

Brutalanusmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 12:03:16 am »

I'll try chaining it up and feeding it peasants. A squad of were mongeese could be fun.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:49 am »

I mean, fuck the honey badger, rikki tikki tavi doesn't give two shits about anything, he just jumps back, then strikes, delivering a one hit kill. That and it's name doesn't have honey in it.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 02:03:13 am »

Werebeasts get some hefty physical stat boosts, and they fully heal every time they transform, including regrowing limbs. They should make great soldiers provided you can keep them from mauling your civilians and you can remember not to send them into battle right before the full moon.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 08:22:48 am »

Werebeasts get some hefty physical stat boosts, and they fully heal every time they transform, including regrowing limbs. They should make great soldiers provided you can keep them from mauling your civilians and you can remember not to send them into battle right before the full moon.

Does the transformation also reset them to quite content? Finding themselves naked every month is not the happiness boost a grumbling recruit needs.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 09:04:10 am »

remember not to send them into battle right before the full moon.

Well, not if your whole military is composed of weresomething.
Werebeasts of the same species are considered allies, and won't attack each others.
Wereasts of different species will fight to the death, though.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 11:37:06 am »

Yeah, but they strip naked when they transform, so they'll suck in combat and die.

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »

In the event I get an infected dorf, I gid out a little room connected to my entrance tunnel via a drawbridge. The dorf is burrowed in the room and the bridge raised. Any incoming invaders are them locked in the tunnel until the dorf(s) transform then the bridge is lowered and fun ensures. Ambushes usually slaughter them but it's an amusing way to kills thieves/snatchers.  8)

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 02:13:28 pm »

I built a separate sanctum when I was stuck with were-lizards. It was decorated with statues and waterfalls to keep them happy, but also separated by a moat and drawbridge. They would train and live an otherwise posh life until sieges/ambushes, at which point they would be unleashed.

They were my squad of Forsaken dorfs.

The only problem with the set-up was they would tear down statues in their were-form.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 04:28:02 pm »

I throw them in the caverns. Since transforming resets hunger If nothing kills them they can live down there indefinitely.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »

I throw them in the caverns. Since transforming resets hunger If nothing kills them they can live down there indefinitely.
Give them metal armour too. Every transformation wears down clothes rapidly, armour is unaffected. If  they're covered they won't go insane from nakedness.
Pages: [1] 2